1st thoughts

As I lay in the water and the waves crashing over me I thought about what kind of came will live up too thisgrand opening.

I say grand becose the graphics are great to sart the game off,watching the waves flow over your char then you click!

Your char comes to life gets up and for me grabs the 1st thing in sight. A weapon, its auto equip if you dont have a item in that slot but if you wanna yo can stop and look at what you have just put on your char.

Staying the path and moving down the bank of the area you start in shows off the fuidity of the animation of the game you have just imbarked on. They are smooth and quick (GGG has this rite) they react when you do unless your stuned. Great over all start I could talk about this all night!

Skills system

This is what has touched my soul this IS 1 GREAT SYSTEM! And it depends highly on the gear you choose to wear I think this is 1 of GGG'S best systems to date. It keeps you wanting better gear so you always have something to look for.

Gold who needs gold?

The orb system in PoE seems to work fins as ppl always want certain orb and they are not easily found they have hit a winner on this IMO.

All in all I have played this game way to much since I was invited to the beta lol. This game seems to be what I was thinking I would get from a diff company but they have fail where GGG has owned!
Last edited by Septile on Aug 17, 2011, 2:56:37 AM
Thanks for the review can i take it from your name you live in the great state of Indiana? If so whereabouts?

Fud
Cheers for the write up nice read.more 1st thoughts beta testers!I love reading them waiting for my key :)
I live about 10 min from Louisville KY the small town is called Sellersburg.
Hey me again just wanted to add that the sound team has done their job aswell as I set here writing this I listen to the game sound wich happens to be lighning and thunder and its amazing.

I dont know if I should even mention this but what they have done with the light radius in this game is just beyond my scale of thinking and its amazing.
I've been curious about one thing from watching streams. How is the music in the game (if there is any)? I have yet to watch a stream that had any background music, just noises, albeit very well done noises.
The music is very moody and awesome.

First post here guys. I actually came across this game flicking through my new Game Informer magazine. I can't believe I hadn't seen this game sooner. The screens are pretty neat and signed up wanting to get a beta invite too. I'm not one to test games much prior full release but I wouldn't mind giving this one a go and seeing what it has to offer. Looks sweet hope it plays sweet too.
Geez I have such high hopes for this game. I'm not sure when, but i stopped being excited about game releases a long time ago. It's nice to be excited about one again. So happy they went for such a dark/gritty feel for the game. BTW does anyone know when to expect the actual release after all the testings?
good review mate was good to read :D
"And the timer said let there be light!"
"And there was light, The timer said Let there be thunder, And there was thunder"
"And the timer said LET THERE BE TORTURE STARVATION AND INSOMNIA, and there was all of these things struck down upon.... anyone who gazed upon its deathly figure.."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info