[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

"
SunPrice wrote:
Make it simple . You get a crit with about 15000 damage (which is not bad at all) , he has 30K armor which means reduce 14,3 % of ur total damage , he also has 7 enduracy charges ( max is 8 with the unique ring ) which is reduce 35% phyical damage more . He also get those 2 nodes Reduce damage from critical hit ( 30% - near the starting of Marauder class )

Let's do the math : 14,3 + 35 + 30 = 79,% damage reduction from critical

And he got 10000+ life (Kaom chest) with about 7-8+% life regeneration per second (600-1000+/s !!! ) .

THAT'S ALL . Hope u read this GGG ..... or u should remove critical from the game ...

Dont tell me that there's no guys got 13K life and 30K armors ...

This guy with Rightous Fire killed me in 1 second , i got 4000 life ...

Did u really think of anything when u put those in this game ? or u just did it randomly ?

Sry for my bad English O.o

Let me introduce myself : Critical build - Shadow lvl 86

no one care of this ?
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
GGG guys, i just wanna let u know that i'm really amazed how u are aware of the core problems/issues that the current state of the game have and how impressive is ur way of thinking and possible solutions for them. To be honest, i usually don't read such things in the other games' forums but ur long posts regarding this subjects are so attractive and so full of useful info that it's hard to be avoided. I simply enjoyed reading every line of every subject in Development Manifesto and ur future plans, PoE will be surely even bigger giant than it is currently. Seriously, keep up the good work guys, not many game developers have such passion and understanding for THEIR OWN game and it's current state, u are true jewel :)

PS. Sorry, my english is not perfect, i just can't describe with words in english language what i would like to say lol.
Check my shop at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/201211
My gem shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/876899
BUYING ITEM/ORB/GEM PACKS WITH BULK PRICE, PM ME!

IGN: KillKillKillKillKill
Regarding physical damage status ailments, why not do a "dazed" stack or "intimidation" stack that increases chance to stun and has a flat % chance to stun.

im thinking similar to shock stacks meats evasion mechanic.

you deal physical damage crit, you put a stack on the mob making your hits

f you land a critical strike with an attack or spell that deals physcial damage, the enemy becomes Dazed. This can be stacked up to three times on one target. In this state, monsters or players have 35% increased stun duration and 10% lower stun threshold per instance of daze. Daze stacks additively with itself, for a maximum of 105% stun duration and 30% lower stun threshold with a stack of three.

the increased stun threshold would be a new mechanic to work into the stun formula, the stun duration portion would work as a negative value in the increased recovery portion of the formula.

the current formula's from the mechanics thread are:

Current mechanics thread formula's

Stuns
Whenever a player or monster takes damage, there is a chance they will be stunned. A stun interrupts whatever that creature was doing while a brief animation is played. The default length of stuns is 350ms. The duration of stuns can be altered by increased block and stun recovery, increased stun duration, and similar modifiers.
For increased block and stun recovery modifiers, the formula used is:
350 * (100 / ( 100 + increased recovery) )

The formula used for determining whether or not a stun occurs is:
stun_chance = 200 * damage / defender_effective_max_life

The new formula for determining whether or not a stun occurs would be something like:
stun_chance = 200 * damage * threshold adjustment / defender_effective_max_life

I would then suggest that you do an evasion style calculation that applies the resulting % chance to an entrophy number from 0-100 (adding the stun_chance to this number if the stun fails, so that doing physical damage will eventually stun the target but may take more hits, making physical damage still capable of stunning if you do lots of little attacks compared to big hits being the only way (even though armor will still mitigate a lot of your little hit damage)

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
The problem with phys crits, is mainly how dangerous building a phys crit build is due to reflect. If they can't stop the dmg thru armour, we pretty much can't either. Even after the reduction.

All in all, a fantastic read. Thank you for putting this together.

You can evade reflect. :P

Anyway, about the physical ailment. I suggested something a while back.

"

Chance to apply a mini enfeeble with some weakened armor effect on physical abilities.
Ideally you would put the chance on hit in % physical dmg or weapon nodes around the tree. It should also apply on crits as all other ailments.

For numbers well, that's your department but stacking 3x to around 12% less dmg (all sources) and 18% chance to miss sounds reasonable. I'm not sure how much armor mobs have so I can't give any estimate on that, but I would rather it be -% armor over +% physical dmg. Otherwise things like EK get even stronger.

I think this kills two birds with one stone so to speak. (more like injure two birds but still!)

You address melee survivability as well as smaller faster physical hits not being penalized as much by armor.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 12, 2013, 4:25:20 PM
the critical hit should avoid those physical damage reduction of Endurancy charges ...
and it should have something like 'Armor piecing' .
Thanks for the clear and concise desync information and proposed strategies. I'm very interested to see what kinds of approaches will be taken. Keep up the good work!
"
SunPrice wrote:
the critical hit should avoid those physical damage reduction of Endurancy charges ...

problem is armor piercing would just make armor suck more. Armor already does almost nothing on high damage hits (crits)
"
SunPrice wrote:

Physical critical hits already result in inherent reductions of the benefits of armor, as it is scaled inversely with damage.
"
SunPrice wrote:
Make it simple . You get a crit with about 15000 damage (which is not bad at all) , he has 30K armor which means reduce 14,3 % of ur total damage , he also has 7 enduracy charges ( max is 8 with the unique ring ) which is reduce 35% phyical damage more . He also get those 2 nodes Reduce damage from critical hit ( 30% - near the starting of Marauder class )

Let's do the math : 14,3 + 35 + 30 = 79,% damage reduction from critical

And he got 10000+ life (Kaom chest) with about 7-8+% life regeneration per second (600-1000+/s !!! ) .

THAT'S ALL . Hope u read this GGG ..... or u should remove critical from the game ...

Dont tell me that there's no guys got 13K life and 30K armors ...

This guy with Rightous Fire killed me in 1 second , i got 4000 life ...

Did u really think of anything when u put those in this game ? or u just did it randomly ?

Sry for my bad English O.o

Let me introduce myself : Critical build - Shadow lvl 86

How's about endurancy charges ?

5% per charge , and 30% reduce extra damage from critical ( 2 nodes ) , right from the starting of marauder class . They make critical hit becomes useless ...
well let's say i get a critical which deal 15000 damage total , he got 30000 armor ==> 14,3% damage reduction .
if i land a critical which deal 10000 damage ==> 20% damage reduction ...
So i have to deal extra 5000 damage ( which is 50% extra ) to reduce 7,7% enemy's damage reduction from armor ...

See my point now ?

What i want is something like '10-20% Armor piecing per critical hit' , it makes sense .

And critical hit could not be affected by those endurance charges also , lol

Last edited by SunPrice on Apr 12, 2013, 4:39:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info