[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

This evening we posted the first articles in the new Development Manifesto.

Please use this thread for feedback about topics we've discussed in the initial Development Manifesto posts made today. I'm keeping feedback in this forum rather than that one because we're going to update the manifesto over a long period of time and the first few pages of comments will lose their relevance once we have updated the manifesto or deployed the changes it describes.

Note that there are plenty more topics coming to that forum - the ones posted today are just a small initial set to let you know what we're considering and to promote some discussion!

Modedit: Stickied!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Qarl on May 1, 2014, 10:17:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Very nice reading - looking forward to more
Thank you for listening to your players, it's great to see a company that does this. Specifically when it comes to loot allocation changes in the works.

Also, really appreciate the amount of time you've placed into the Manifesto.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Will one of the new topics in Development Manifesto contain info about cutthroat league?
(Btw the 7 new Cutthroat races are something I think people are very happy for. GJ. Very happy to see some focus on this.)

And +1 Wittgenstein. Nice forum.
"
FIreskull wrote:
Will one of the new topics in Development Manifesto contain info about cutthroat league?
(Btw the 7 new Cutthroat races are something I think people are very happy for. GJ. Very happy to see some focus on this.)

I expect that based on the feedback of the set of cut-throat events we're running in a few days, we will probably discuss our long term plans for the league in the manifesto. There are some other more urgent topics I'd like to write about first. Enjoy the leagues!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:

I expect that based on the feedback of the set of cut-throat events we're running in a few days, we will probably discuss our long term plans for the league in the manifesto. There are some other more urgent topics I'd like to write about first. Enjoy the leagues!

THX ALOT!
Thanks! I was a little confused about how map experience gains will change. I understood the manifesto to mean that more lower level maps will drop, but not more higher level maps, but that the experience gained by low level maps will increase so its possible for high level players to gain experience. Is this a correct interpretation?

My suggestion would be to also increase the drop rates of higher level maps. I can't seem to maintain drops of maps higher than 69 even when spending lots of currency to increase quantity through mods.
IGNs: Boslin, EmilysVermiciousKnid, Sansarya, Hathem, Rejnah
Time zone: US CST (GMT -6)
Chris, sticky this for god's sake.

Does melee really need ANOTHER active defense? You see the alpha thread I have up, look how many people have listed (I'm very tired I can't name them all right now). I think one guy listed like 5-6, most melee builds are running around with end cry, granite flasks and enfeeble/warlords. Is the solution really just "fuck it, add another required skill."

Also, I'm not sure how the hell this would work but it would be nice if physical damage got an offensive and defensive proc. Stun, knockback and LL (LL kinda fits) are all there currently but as that side of the tree doesn't have as much access to crit it will never match elemental damage when you figure in that it scales much higher, procs CC or damage and is close to crit allowing for it to all compound. A crushing blow or puncture or bleeding type thing might be good.

With maps, I actually never considered the item spam before when making my suggestions. Make those positive map rolls that everyone seeks give IIR or negative IIQ (the former would be less harsh) cut all IIQ values in half, double map drop rate and then have hard mods compound. The common one I always refer to is lowered res with added damage should give more IIQ when together. Maps on average will have about half the IIQ they do now but very hard maps will still reach similar values they do now.

Maybe I'll have more later, I really should go to bed.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
IMO it would be nice if the life nods where upgrades, since if you play CI for example, you can easily get to 5k or more of shield, but normaly if you play with life and melee, you get around 3k, plus if you play CI you just go away for literaly 3 seconds and you have full shield back up. BTW life regen could use some love.
Life leech also could be upgrade, if you take vaal pact you simple will die from things like viper strike, and the life leech isnt that great with the cap.
Also it would be very nice if staking defense get some interaction with the elemental resist, its seems like with all the elemental damage from monsters and people, that there is no point in staking defense, and for 12k defense you only get like 54% reduce or less, but staking elemental resistances is SO easy you get 75% almost all the time, so this would give IMO melee physicals dude more resist to elementals too. I only say this becouse i have a duelist lvl 77 with 12k armor, 3,2k life and almost 75 all elemental resist (not chaos) and physical moster almost dont hurt me, but if they come like 3 or 4 Voidbearer i almost died in 1 sec. This is just my opinion. I really love the game :) and i really like how you guys update it every week or so.
IGN: Laloo1990
Hi Chris,

Is there room in the manifesto for a thread on Security enhancements?

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info