[3.19] CoC Ice Spear Build | Occultist | Lake of Kalandra | Path of Exile 3.19

Hey guys, cast on crit ice spear occultist build is here. I usually go for ice nova but I already have and updated version of that and wanted to try ice spear this time. Setup is pretty much same with ice nova, you can switch one to another easily.

Ice Nova Version: https://youtu.be/xiW5--YiJQc

Uber Bosses: https://youtu.be/gSr7Yezyy9c

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 20-50 ex

Before asking a question please read.

Mana: How do I sustain mana?
- Non-Channelling Skills have # to Total Mana Cost mod on rings
- Divergent Inspiration, Anomalous Greater Multiple Projectiles
- Mana leech from Essence Sap (Amulet annoint)
- You can also use Replica Conqueror's Efficiency if you still have mana issues

Critical Strike Chance: Aim for %100 crit chance.
- Power charges
- Diamond Flask with crit chance mod
- Inspiration charges
- Precision
- Ascendancy, Skill tree, Medium cluster
- Cospri's Malice
- Brittle Ground
(Crit chance is still 100% without Bottled Faith, just using it for extra damage)

Cooldown recovery: We need at least %14 for this build. I got it from awakened gem because it's really cheap this league.
- Awakened Cast on Critical (minimum lvl 3)
- Shaper/Crusader belt
- Shaper/Crusader boots

Accuracy: We need %100 hit chance.
I got flat accuracy from one ring and using level 21 precision.

Aps: With 14% cooldown recovery optimal aps for cyclone is 7.57. Don't go over it. Cyclone's aps is 7.54 with this setup.
- 10% inc attack speed, Quick Getaway (x2)
- 8% inc attack speed, Repeater
- 20% inc attack speed, Onslaught

If you wanna play with more or less attack speed check out the link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

Militant Faith: Dominus to get Inner Conviction keystone.
Try to get one with these mods:
- 4% increased Elemental Damage per 10 Devotion
- 1% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras per 10 Devotion

If you feel squishy add determination drop skitterbots and spider. Use molten shell instead of immortal call.

How do I generate power charge on bosses?
When we spend 200 mana we get a power charge so we keep spamming vortex and cyclone before the fight started.

Leveling: Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

Leveling Uniques:
- Axiom Perpetuum (2x)
- Tabula Rasa
- Karui Ward, Carnage Heart
- Praxis
- Seven-League Step
- Goldrim
- Replica Prismweave

PoB: https://pastebin.com/NmR7yQTX

Build Video: https://youtu.be/_1yACRmw07o

Bandits: Kill All (Alira is fine too)

3.19 CHANGES:
- The Reservation Mastery that grants increased Life Reservation Efficiency of Skills now has a value of 20% (previously 30%).
- The Reservation Mastery that granted 15% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills has been removed from the Passive Skill Tree.
- The Brittle Ailment now grants up to +6% chance to critically strike afflicted enemies (previously +15%) and now has a default value of +2% (previously +5%).

You may run into some problems after the changes.

Problem: We can't use Hatred - Grace - Zealotry at the same time without getting some reserve efficiency.

Solution: We need "2% increased Reservation Efficiency of Skills" mod on one jewel. (Implicit)
Get the "Discipline has 25% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency" Energy Shield Mastery. Also get other reserve nodes near the Sovereignty.

Problem: We can't reach 100% critical strike chance after the brittle changes.

Solution: Use Increased Critical Strikes instead of Added Cold Damage.

(Footage is from 3.18)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Cyclone (Divergent) - Cast On Critical Strike (Awakened) - Ice Spear (Anomalous) - Inspiration (Divergent) - Greater Multiple Projectiles (Anomalous) - Added Cold Damage (Awakened)

Vortex - Arcane Surge (Lvl 1) - Bonechill - Vaal Discipline

Immortal Call (Lvl 1) - Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 10) / Precision / Flame Dash

Sniper's Mark - Mark on Hit / Herald of Ice / Summon Skitterbots

Prism Guardian:

Vaal Grace / Hatred / Zealotry

Cospri's Malice:
Freezing Pulse - Creeping Frost - Onslaught
Last edited by wishdropper on Aug 17, 2022, 5:13:32 PM
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2022, 11:13:06 AM
You got some plans for upgrades? Wondering how to transition it further. I have around 200EX but wouldnt be sure what to change here.
This build is FAR more expensive than the stated 25-50 ex.
Hey! Your PoB link is down could you update it please. Thanks
Last edited by Castiel343 on May 27, 2022, 1:25:41 PM
What should I use for pantheons ?
Bleeding is kinda of a problem and ignite.
Hi, i'm trying to start this build :) but i'm limited in currency so i would like to know what items are really mandatory in order to get the build going so i can buy those first and start doing more currency to get the rest?
Like a little list in order of importance. i have pretty much 20ex to start with.

Ty and gl exile :D
"
CptAlbatar wrote:
Hi, i'm trying to start this build :) but i'm limited in currency so i would like to know what items are really mandatory in order to get the build going so i can buy those first and start doing more currency to get the rest?
Like a little list in order of importance. i have pretty much 20ex to start with.

Great question, would love to know as well
Last edited by AussyELO on May 30, 2022, 10:59:09 AM
I love this build but I have a problem and that problem is that no matter what I do I can't get to 100% crit chance on cyclon, so a lot of times it feels clunky. I would love if someone could help me
"
OmegAMM wrote:
I love this build but I have a problem and that problem is that no matter what I do I can't get to 100% crit chance on cyclon, so a lot of times it feels clunky. I would love if someone could help me

What i have noticed :
You don't have the brittle ground implicit on your boots
You don't have the crit chance mod on your diamond flask
You don't have all the viridians jewels you could have so you could grab %inc crit chance with cold skills and global crit chance.
Your precision aura is lvl20 try to push for a lvl21
IF this is still not enough maybe get a bottled faith

hf and gl exile :D
"

Same, i really need a budget edition

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info