Attention Developers: Please make Path of Exile Mac-Supported

I just found out that it might not be mac supported and i'm assuming Beta is not. Disappointing but i'm still hopeful something can be done.

What is the process by which this game could be made mac-supported? Is it very difficult and expensive? Could the mac-supported version cost money and pc version be free? i'd totally buy it if that was the only way to play.

Is there a developer out there that can give me some idea of the logistical concerns of this idea and a realistic assessment of its possibility.

Thanks a lot!
Moderators coming soon. Genius publicity ideas have sucked me into this game.
I don't have access to the beta yet - does anyone know whether they're using OpenGL or DirectX?
Templar Shadow Knight (build in progress)
It would be -very- difficult to set the game up to be Mac supported. Your best option is to use Bootcamp and just drop a version of Windows on your machine. For a company this small it just isn't going to be something they could accomplish.

Pretty sure it's DX at the moment also Emory.

"
Penance wrote:
It would be -very- difficult to set the game up to be Mac supported. Your best option is to use Bootcamp and just drop a version of Windows on your machine. For a company this small it just isn't going to be something they could accomplish.

Pretty sure it's DX at the moment also Emory.

Balls. Bootcamp is money, like 100+ and my 10.4.11 can barely run D2 as it is... not an option for me. I am getting a new mac this january or when the new version comes out, depending if its close to january so maybe the game will be out by then and i can get bootcamp?

How do you know it would be expensive? Just wondering what the process is
Well, I thought Mac's could do everything better?
XBL: Ekpaidefsi Current game playing: COD: BO
You can't just check a little box in the game properties marked 'Mac'.. It costs money to port the game to an entirely different system, and I doubt GGG is going to spend that money so early in the life of the game for an audience so small in comparison.
There will probably be a Mac version later on, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

For the time being you'll have to use Bootcamp or switch to Windows.
"
NeighbourJim wrote:
You can't just check a little box in the game properties marked 'Mac'.. It costs money to port the game to an entirely different system, and I doubt GGG is going to spend that money so early in the life of the game for an audience so small in comparison.
There will probably be a Mac version later on, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

For the time being you'll have to use Bootcamp or switch to Windows.

I understand you cant check a box dude that's why im asking about the process. You're probably right that its not likely, but i'm asking people who can give me an answer out of knowledge not speculation. i did windows for 10 years and i've switched to mac for a reason, so bootcamp may be my only option
"
Nekrosis wrote:
Well, I thought Mac's could do everything better?

They can. they can even do windows
Works just fine on Macbook Pro + Bootcamp.
Sound Engineer
Even high quality ports to mac don't work well. Look at frame rate comparisons on the same machine for Starcraft 2 on windows and Macs. And starcraft 2 was a simultaneous development on Mac and Windows. A port would be even worse. The video card drivers for OSX just aren't as well developed. I use OSX lion now for everything BUT gaming. Boot Camp and windows 7 when its playtime.
Last edited by Jpfcozmo on Aug 17, 2011, 3:13:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info