[3.24] The dirty Scorpion-tail 60M|The Arachnophilia Allstars| Chaos-Necromancy| Herald of Agony CI

Hi Guys. What is the best setup to clear wave 30 simulac consistently? Prefer without dying.

Here is my POB and gear currently. I seem to get overrun around wave 25:

https://pastebin.com/2PYqqfzE

Last edited by xaeror35 on Feb 16, 2023, 3:37:14 PM
PlayL proudly presents another new showcase - the Ubers

Some Ubers - U-Shaper - U-Exarch - UU-Elder

Last phase shaper, second phase exarch.

Recorded with around 40M, 87% resis, keystone Iron reflexes on SoL, Lethe shade, no Ghost dance, Uul-Netol's amulet, selfcasted frostshield, selfcasted molten shell

Recorded as necro, without sanctum-relic, without balance of terror, witherings with glorious vanity / ritual of shadows - so it could have been optimized 6-10M more.

For HoA-virulences choosed:
storm burst - faster casting - cwc - firestorm
and divergent storm brand - hextouch - despair - temporal chains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8jYY2kwpmE
"
xaeror35 wrote:
Hi Guys. What is the best setup to clear wave 30 simulac consistently? Prefer without dying.

Here is my POB and gear currently. I seem to get overrun around wave 25:

https://pastebin.com/2PYqqfzE

Hi Xaeror!

Simulacrums in high tier waves checks all your defensive layers with inflicting all ailments and almost all debuffs.

For example scorch, shocks, bleedings and ignites can oneshot you in half a second. Interruptions from stuns can stop your active recovery of the watcher's eye. The charged explosions of Kosis kill you as well as 2 bosses when they crit.

So most important is to reach 100% ailment avoidances. Improve the eldritch-implicit on the boots with orbs of conflict/ orbs of dominance or get better boots. More alternatives are in the spoiler "balancing & managing" -> "fire and other ailments".

A set-up with Awakened cast while channeling lvl 4 helps a lot to continuous recover uninterrupted with the watcher's eye, more es on hit is healed with storm burst. Ball-lightnings are also okay, but often you get multiple micro-stunned in simulacrum.

Your 15M damage should be enough. Awakened fork is much better than pierce in the HoA-supports in simulacrums.
Use only 1x grace, not double with granted by the shield, for a free socket. Or when needed anomalous grace for a bit ailment-avoidances and get a different shield-implicit (a lot options are filtered in the aegis-tradelinks).

Wicked ward don't help much in simulacrums' high density when you get nonstop multiple attacked, regret it.
And change the ar/es-mastery to decreased curse-effects in simulacrum.

Improve the flasks. Mana and Quartz-flask need to be changed out to jade-flask and in high-tier-waves use fitting elemental-damagereduction-flasks against the dominant elemental mod (Fire > Lightning > Cold).
Use 1 increased armour-flask-suffix. The increased ms-suffix is not that much needed in simulacrum (on the quicksilver flask). You need mandatory an anti-bleeding-flask-suffix!

When pob calculates correct you have ingame 198 unreserved mana? That is much too much, 80-100 are enough. Change out the "self-control"-cluster for pure guile (+20 dex) with 2 passives.

Use attr-catalysts on the amulet. Use resis-catalysts on the belt. Use tainted armourer scrap on the shield.

Regret all the +30-attr-notes for the 5 free passives.
Path "practical application". Path another jewelslot and use another small cluster winterprowler +2 max-resis with +5 dex on the transferpoint (or use "utmost intellect" instead "essence surge" or "severed in sleep" instead "united in dreams" or a large cluster veteran defender instead the large-minion-damage-cluster for dex).

So you can balance in better the needed dex, mana, max-resis and flasks and improve ailment-avoidances.

Your gear and almost all clusterjewels are great, after that adjustements simulacrum wave 30 is no problem.

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 21, 2023, 3:40:52 PM
https://poe.ninja/pob/US9

Made changes and still having issues with regular maps.

Any other suggestions?
"
chrischoi wrote:
https://poe.ninja/pob/US9

Made changes and still having issues with regular maps.

Any other suggestions?

Hi chrischoi!

85% resis, inf. ehp - that stats are great.

You should get rare eldritch boots for ailment avoidances and more es - many ailments like ignites are dangerous.

Change the sulphur to a jade-flask.

Limit Arcanist brand to lvl 1 for reduced mana-costs.

Then you can upgrade often cheap the implicits on the helmet, shield and ring - visit the tradelinks in the last spoiler of the build for the fitting tradelinks called "b.i.s.-upgrades". There are strong upgrades available and you can manually adjust the tradefilters for wanted stats.

Next an watcher's eye with the discipline-mod es on hit would be tanky.

Then take a look into the "checklist defences" too if something like a maxed pantheon is missing.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 26, 2023, 8:35:10 AM
"
Jagroen wrote:
I have tried this build a few times, my friend did this league and gave up after 40/40, he gave me his left overs (arakaali's fang and united in dreams with quality increases area of affect)

I am trying to follow the build, but all the different upgrades, dont know which once to do atm.

if you view my profile, and look at "GoddessAbaddon", I need a Veteran Defender jewel,

I was debating on using a Megalomaniac w/ Veteran Defender, prodigious defense and either arcane adept for arcane surge and mana regen or victim maker for reduced dmg taken and enemies take more dmg (malediction), just having to wait for 33% of the duration to expire first, compared to arcane surge almost always up.

im just about to convert to melding of the flesh, and once my gems corrputed i have a ghost dance armor.

would you suggest getting a 2nd grace corrupted aegis for switch, so mapping i can use spiders, during boss switch to united in dreams, activate aura if i have enough mana?

Hey Jagroen!

Sorry for late answering! As far as I can import your character you got now the veteran defender and activated grace.
Don't activate envy of course, it's not effective with Herald of agony.
Victim maker is interesting when you are good in timing the curses, but abyss jewels with minion chance to poison or increased wither-effects with +1 chaos mastery corruption are favoured with more reliable damage.

So you can:

- path straight to wicked ward, regret the 3 passives in the right starting witch area to lethe shade. With the 2 passives get the next medium cluster pure agony, with a bit resis and the 2 missing fire resis.

- in the moment without es-regeneration you can regret 1 passive zealot oath too

- Don't activate cult-leader passives, there are more effective ones

- upgrade to awakened void manipulation instead default void manipulation

- Get an abyss jewel with minion chance to poison on hit for the open slot and when possible on the belt-jewel too
Last edited by Chromino on Mar 19, 2023, 8:53:58 PM

For your defences more es and more spellblock are be the best upgrades. When I didn't missed something you need to reach 5% more ailment-avoidances on the boots. On the eldritch implicits easy with some orbs of conflict etc. Then you can use "charisma" as anoint on the amulet and activate tempest shield (linked too to enlighten).

Alternative a second circle of nostalgia does the job nice too when you get a bit more resis or attributes on other clustertransfers or with "practical application" and change the cold-resis implicit of the boots to another element. I advice to charisma-anoint and craft the boots better.

This will almost tripple your ehp.

- More cheap upgrades would be better implicits on the circle of nostalgia and use fertile catalysts on it. Or when available late in league use also the helmet 90% mana-cost-multiplier.
You find the tailored links titled "B.i.s.-Upgrade" in the last spoiler in endgame-gear.
Impossible escape or winterprowler will improve your max-resis.

- yes, you are at the point that arakaali's will clear a bit faster in low content and labyrinthine dungeon-maps and HoA with united in dreams in juiced content and against bosses. Around 12M with united in dreams is much better as 8.5M with arakaali's overall. I would advice to HoA and take in "convocation" when wanted. Use anomlaous pierce or awakened fork in the HoA supports for mapping.

For all that try to league start with this.

Don't.
Getting through Act 3 with it, is literally impossible with the recommended Tree and skills.
So At least for leveling lokk at others guides or you will end up like me.

"
xXMarvin2Xx wrote:
For all that try to league start with this.

Don't.
Getting through Act 3 with it, is literally impossible with the recommended Tree and skills.
So At least for leveling lokk at others guides or you will end up like me.

Hi Marvin,

when you have problems in act 3 you are doing something truly wrong in your set-up.

Your char / profil is set hidden - please publish it in your settings or post your pob, so we can take a look and advice which stats and skills you are missing.

In early acts not so much experienced gamers most often (98%) miss generating full HoA virulences (poisonchance and brands and autotriggered) or dex, the resis, have forgotten a guard skill, lack the needed recovery and/ or an instant recovering life-flask.
Last edited by Chromino on Apr 3, 2023, 3:14:01 AM
...To summarize:

The build uses and optimize some more stats and factors as other ordinary cookie-cutter builds - so it's in leaguestart best when you understand the HoA-mechanics and have in poe a bit know-how about auras, manareservations, ailments and clusters.

But it's not the most easy build out here and as so is able to balance in more stats, tankyness and also damage than most others.

And of course simply visit the spoiler "Tipps for Beginning, Levelling, Gearing and Leaguestart" or "FAQ" or the "Checklists" where you find all needed guidings and explanations about...

When you know the basics and a bit about crafts, you can rush in leaguestart also without aegis aurora and in cheapest gear until invitations like the Hidden and complete the atlas and all red maps.
Last edited by Chromino on Mar 29, 2023, 2:52:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info