[3.17] Storm Burst Elementalist - League Start Viable for 3.18

Introduction
Welcome to Storm Burst!
This guide will take you through what I have built for a Storm Burst Elementalist. This skill and playstyle isn't for everyone so feel free to move along if this is not your cup of tea.

PROS
Spoiler

+ Can Level this skill from acquiring at Level 12
+ Bossing feels smooth
+ Fun to play
+ Good clear while channeling

CONS
Spoiler

- Channeling Skill not for everyone
- Elemental Reflect mod not viable to run
- Not mainstream uber fast mapping skill
- Requires to color an Armor Base Body Armor 6 blues

POB
Spoiler

Theory Crafted Build (Level 100): https://pastebin.com/kP6ezTRf

My Current Build (Level 80): https://pastebin.com/ShYcE78X

VIDEOS
Spoiler

COMING SOON

GEAR
Spoiler

BODY ARMOR
We use Craiceann's Carapace because we are stacking armor, we get a small damage boost out of Aspect of the Crab in combination with our Gloves, and it is nice to have no bleeding applied to us.

GLOVES
We use Craiceann's Pincers because it combos with our Body Armor giving us up to 45% increased damage and a 10% chance to gain maximum Crab Barriers every time we would gain them.

HELMET
We are using a rare helmet here. The important stats are Life, Armor and Resists if needed. You can also get + Levels to Minion Gems or craft Minion Life since we socket our Support Golems here. Grab the "40% Increased Storm Burst Damage" Enchant if possible.

BOOTS
We are using rare boots here. The important stats are Movement Speed, Life, Resists and whatever else you can roll on them.

BELT
We use a Rare Leather Belt here. The important stats are Life, Resists, Mana, and Attributes if needed.

WEAPONS
We Dual Wield Wands here. The ideal wands are uber expensive and I do not currently own them. The stats are as follows:
+1 to level of all Lightning Spell Gems
+1 to level of all Spell Gems
90%+ Spell Damage
Mana

AMULET
We use Ashes of the Stars here. We need the Mana Reservation to fit in all of our auras + Aspect of the Crab. The Quality is a nice bonus too. Our enchant is Divine Judgement for the 50% increased Elemental Damage, since it saves us points going out of our way.

RINGS
Ideally we can use two Opal Rings here. Before that, you can grab two rings that have resists on them to cover your bases. One of the rings should be a curse ring, inflicting Conductivity on hit. The stats should be Life, Resists, Attributes. We craft - cost to Channeling Skills on one ring to balance our Mana to be able to Channel infinitely.

FLASKS
Because we are mainly channeling standing still, I have chosen to use a Sapphire, Topaz, and Ruby flask to help our tankiness. This combines with our 90% Physical Damage Reduction to make us fairly tanky. Atziri's Promise gives us a damage boost by converting Elemental to Chaos, and if we have enough chaos resist on our gear, can cap 75% Chaos Resist with flask up.

GEMS
Spoiler

Storm Burst - 6 Link

Auras - 4 Link

Support Golems - 4 Link

(OPTIONAL) Carrion Golem - 4 Link

Movement - 3 Link

Defensive - 2 Link

Portal - 1 Link

Last edited by RavenCla on May 12, 2022, 10:48:25 PM
Last bumped on May 13, 2022, 9:26:30 AM
Interesting build and im totally going to league start this in 3.18. But I have one question, why does it use Carrion Golems? I can understand the other golems because of the buffs they grant, but carrion in a 4-link?
Last edited by MetalmadelSG on May 11, 2022, 6:27:32 AM
"
MetalmadelSG wrote:
Interesting build and im totally going to league start this in 3.18. But I have one question, why does it use Carrion Golems? I can understand the other golems because of the buffs they grant, but carrion in a 4-link?

It mainly uses Carrion Golems because I had 4 gem sockets and did not know what to do with them besides throwing in a Carrion Golem. You can totally remove them and put in something else if you have ideas, I just have not yet figured out what to put in there so I threw them in for now.
"
RavenCla wrote:
It mainly uses Carrion Golems because I had 4 gem sockets and did not know what to do with them besides throwing in a Carrion Golem. You can totally remove them and put in something else if you have ideas, I just have not yet figured out what to put in there so I threw them in for now.

Yeah, it's fine, Im probably going to use storm orb with culling strike and innvervate support for bossing and some extra damage, and that way I can remove the anima stone from the passive tree.

Btw, any ideas to colour the body armour to 6 blues? maybe harvest? or betrayal?
Last edited by MetalmadelSG on May 13, 2022, 2:35:03 AM
"
MetalmadelSG wrote:
"
RavenCla wrote:

Yeah, it's fine, Im probably going to use storm orb with culling strike and innvervate support for bossing and some extra damage, and that way I can remove the anima stone from the passive tree.

Btw, any ideas to colour the body armour to 6 blues? maybe harvest? or betrayal?

I used a combination of the crafting bench and harvest. I used 3 blue socket colors until it rolled me 4 and then you just have to find 2 harvest crafts of non-blue socket -> blue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info