Between Season Race 25: 1 Hour Cut-throat

I am very happy!
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/012/2/9/soldier_ate_scout__s_dust_by_thetig3r42-d4m5e3z.jpg
This is going to be the best game mode EVER! Thanks to the devs!
I suddenly kind of want to see a Blood Magic cutthroat.
If I have two fish, and you have three fish, how many fish do we have?
None. These are MY fish.
not fun -- to many loggers.. and still the same ol losers rushing to act 2

and i ended up dieing beside people who i killed so i am done.

after seeing few of the level 8-10s i was fighting and beating log, I won't do this until you guys STOP logouts.

also you should hinder any progression past act 1 for 1 hours

This is pvp not log+out
Last edited by TheBuudah on Apr 13, 2013, 11:43:44 PM
As with all things, desync makes this unplayable. That and melee just don't have a chance with such low accuracy vs casters that will freeze you and never miss. Even if you do land a hit, its weak as heck unless you managed a very strong weapon. Like that's even possible to happen to someone like me, lol.

that was fun as hell! I can't wait for more!

There was definitely some desync action happening, but it didn't ruin the experience for me.

MOAR CUTTHROAT!
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
I think the big problem with Cutthroat is that PvP at level 1-2 is just not fun at all. FP is basically mandatory, and everybody just kites like crazy until someone lags/desyncs and gets frozen.

Also, if you don't have items stashed for death, it might as well be HC, because you can't get back on your feet with no items to equip your gems. Trying to fistfight mobs in Terraces while people come to gank you is amusing, but it's not very compelling gameplay.

Getting no exp sometimes because the person you killed doesn't have much exp toward the next level is also annoying. This is especially annoying since many (most?) players try to hit lvl 2 from killing Hillock and start PvPing at Terraces with basically 0 exp toward lvl 3.

It seems like the optimal strategy is to pretend this isn't Cutthroat and rush normally, hoping to luck out and escape the early zones without getting ganked. Fighting in Terraces is fun... Until you die without gear stashed so you can't use any of your skills. And unless you get insanely lucky, you will get little to no exp and loot from most of your kills.

I'm not really sure how to fix these issues. One thing that would help make it a little more worthwhile to keep playing after dying would be to get a replacement of your starting weapon, so you can at least use one or two of your skill gems. Another thing that might help is to start the instance invasion option at Mud Flats instead of Terraces, so people have at least one 'safe' early zone to farm some barebones gear after death, and to encourage people to try some combination of racing and PvPing rather than either rushing past everyone or staying in the Terraces dogpile. It would also give people the chance to do Hailrake for another skill gem, giving a few more options for skill gems to make the PvP more diverse.
Last edited by solistus on Apr 13, 2013, 11:46:19 PM
classic pvp on ledge, bear trap locking people then killing with burning arrows
Chasing/fleeting people then tables are turned with a chilling/bear trap/slow totem or change of target
now that I think about it, most people were above 8 when I was 6
gave up around ~~40 min when flickers started appearing, between the ping from us gateway and people with more than twice my level there was no point
I think I had close to 20 kills with 70 scrolls of wisdom, should have recorded
Last edited by Pam on Apr 13, 2013, 11:49:55 PM
My end game currency, died before the race ended T.T
Had 200 dps dual strike and 150dps flicker. Around 400hp.
GG y'all
IGN : BGARF / ICYGARF / BAMGARF / PVPGARF / resoGARF / SiphonTrollGarf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info