[3.18] Death Wish (Maw of Mischief) Build | Elementalist | Sentinel | Path of Exile 3.18

Hey guys, here is the ignite death wish build. This might be my favourite ignite build ever. Damage scales super well with minion life and it's really tanky (84% all res, max block chance, very high physical damage reduction). Playstyle is little weird because you have to reposition your golems with convocation to deal damage.

How this build works?
- Death Wish explodes minions and this skill deals spell damage around them. Explosion deals base Fire Damage equal to 13% of the Minion's maximum Life.
- We use Stone Golems. (Highest life golem) Thanks to Liege of the Primordial "Summoned Golems are Resummoned 4 seconds after being Killed. So you don't have resummon them every time.

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 10-50 ex

Death Wish: Death Wish is a skill grants by Maw of Mischief.
- As you channel this spell, it spreads its effect to more of your minions. When you stop channelling, each affected minion explodes, and this skill deals spell damage around them. The explosion of the minion is not affected by modifiers to spell damage, and cannot be reflected.
- The targeting of the skill is random.

Stone Golems: Playing with 4 of them.
+1 from Ascendancy
+1 from Skill tree (Golem Commander)
+1 from Anima Stone

Golem Level: Using level 30 Stone Golem. This increases golem's life and our damage.

Thanks to "Aegis Aurora + Melding of the Flesh + Purity of Ice" combo my elemental resist cap is 84%

Brutal Restraint: Names or numbers don't matter. I just needed some dexterity and got some useful mods.

Leveling: You can equip Maw of Mischief at level 73. Before that use Armageddon Brand. Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/ck5UENZ0

Build Video: https://youtu.be/dqmqn0gr9cM

Bandits: Kill All

3.18 CHANGES:
- No Changes

(Footage is from 3.17)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Maw of Mischief:
Burning Damage (Awakened) - Combustion - Inspiration (Divergent) - Cruelty

Summon Stone Golem - Minion Life - Empower - Enhance - Vaal Molten Shell - Convocation (Lvl 1)

Determination - Purity of Ice - Malevolence - Enlighten (Lvl 3)

Wave of Conviction - Flame Surge - Hextouch - Flammability

Herald of Purity / Tempest Shield / Enduring Cry

Flame Dash / Reckoning (Anomalous) - Life Gain on Hit
Last edited by wishdropper on May 26, 2022, 6:40:36 AM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2023, 5:10:26 PM
Any videos?
This build looks pretty fun and tempting. Has anyone tried it with Siegebreaker or Replica Siegebreaker thrown in? Or what about a Replica Primordial Mights?
Hi! Great build
Last edited by Tailsone on Apr 9, 2022, 10:16:33 AM
is it leaguestart viable?
I would assume you could level up as Arma brand + golems until you can start getting the uniques, but you wont be able to use Maw till 73, Not sure how fast you get to maps and all that, but I think it would take you through lower-level maps to start generating currency with just arma brand.

On a scale of 1-5, how would you rate the clear of this build? I assume bossing is good.
"
Hornzilla wrote:
This build looks pretty fun and tempting. Has anyone tried it with Siegebreaker or Replica Siegebreaker thrown in? Or what about a Replica Primordial Mights?

I would advise against Replica Siege breaker as you're already creating burning ground with Flame Surge. Normal Siege breaker might be a nice stopgap belt until you can get a decent Stygian Vise but it already looks very light on flat life without silly gear.

Gonna try it myself this league, I agree it looks fun.
How u activate "Elemental overload" cause in Pob u have only 9% chance of crit?
And try set The scourge claw - it adds 3mln damage
Last edited by starden81 on May 12, 2022, 5:44:59 PM
How's this build without the ashes? What would be the substitute?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info