Weapons Question

So im new here and was just wondering how weapons work.
I have a couple questions:

What are the different item quailities ie rare, uncommon...
How do the stats work? Are they all random?

Thanks
Yeah i'm pretty new as well, but i've been watching some Gameplay videos, and from what i can tell... I've seen white (or grey) items, which are i'm assuming normal items. Then i also saw blue and yellow. And if it's anything compared to Diablo 2, then that would be uncommon and unique. As of for stats on the items... I'm actually not quite sure, but i just have a feeling it is random. Not sure if ALL are random, but i think most should be. Maybe someone else who's been up-to-date with POE can clarify =]
White items are lowest quality and most common, they don't contain any extra stats besides armor or damage.

Blue items are slightly less common than white and have two to three extra stats, like fire damage, magic find, hit points etc.

Yellow items are more rare, have unique names attached to their item tag (for example: Zephyr Thunder, Driftwood Bow) and contain more extra stats than blue items.

Beyond that I'm unsure about item ranks. There might be set items and legendary items, but I'm not in the beta so I don't know for certain.
I hope there are sets of items that go together. I love getting a whole set together. Plus my character doesn't look so mismatched with sets.
Set items would be brilliant, but hopefully they aren't as hard to obtain as they were in say D2.

Hopefully they won't make us wear items with stats that increase the chance of magic items dropping or anything.
Hopefully people would read more.

There are no item sets but there are item mods similar to magic finding from diablo.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
Ranko wrote:
Hopefully they won't make us wear items with stats that increase the chance of magic items dropping or anything.

Well they won't make you...
Thanks for the replies!
I was under the impression that yellow items are rare and theres also unique items or was that just my imagination?
Yes, yellow is rare - uniques are a brownish colour and have a fixed name and stats (haven't found one myself yet)

Also items can have a quality modifier which is randomly +1-20% to the base item stats.
*Now with added Kiwi*
(His name is Colin)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info