January 2 Screenshot of the Week

We've posted this week's screenshot of the week.

There's no dev diary entry this week because of Christmas/New Year holidays, but we'll probably post some photos from our annual office party sometime soon :)

I'm really excited for 2011. It's going to be great to finally let you guys play Path of Exile.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
maps3
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Jan 2, 2015 2:39:35 PM
A bit of giblet shrapnel is always good. I like the graphic effect for the explosion, kind of like spikes of blood and gore flying out from the corpse.

Are monsters going to be able to use the same skills as players? Tactically you would have to move around avoiding monster corpses in an area where the monsters explode corpses, interesting.
Armor for Witch and Marauder looks great.

BTW, will you support in-game antialiasing and anisotropic filtering?

Although I probably know the answer, I wanted to ask it because screenshots so far miss them.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
nice shot, love the detail on the face and dagger. will we have an option to zoom in for screenshots?
proud member of clanDA
Looks good. Nothing really new but I guess that's to be expected considering it was christmas.

The ground and wall textures are too similar. If you kind of focus out of the image you'll see that it all looks like one solid mass of stones. You need to more clearly differentiate the two. Maybe make the floor stones darker or lighter. You can probably find some way of getting a decent contrast without completely redoing the texture.

The torture equipment is pretty cool but don't forget more mundane stuff like tables and chairs. Those can help to make things more believable like these structures were actually used and lived in.
Forum Sheriff
Looks pretty awesome... just look at the details and lightning <3
thx man, I was looking at main page for new SS and I was oh damn still no new SS and here surprise ^_^
When you guys post these shots are you running max detail with AA on? It looks nice.
"
Completed 5 Challengestpapp157 wrote:
Looks good. Nothing really new but I guess that's to be expected considering it was christmas.

The ground and wall textures are too similar. If you kind of focus out of the image you'll see that it all looks like one solid mass of stones. You need to more clearly differentiate the two. Maybe make the floor stones darker or lighter. You can probably find some way of getting a decent contrast without completely redoing the texture.

The torture equipment is pretty cool but don't forget more mundane stuff like tables and chairs. Those can help to make things more believable like these structures were actually used and lived in.


Completely agreed. I have pointed it before too. Wall textures should be more different.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
vorlon wrote:
nice shot, love the detail on the face and dagger.

Couldnt agree more :)
"
vorlon wrote:
will we have an option to zoom in for screenshots?

Cant remember if this has been said, but dont think so.
"
Completed 4 ChallengesChris wrote:
I'm really excited for 2011. It's going to be great to finally let you guys play Path of Exile.

Please dont let us wait to long, the waiting is killing me :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info