Want to Support PoE! Some advice/clarification please!

Hi All,

I've just been exposed to this hugely promising game.
I saw this on CynicalBrit's YouTube channel and it looks amazing and cool.

I would like very much to contribute to the developers and the gaming community as I have been playing games since I was a child.

I don't really know too much about the game.. seen some streams, read through most of the website material and forums, so will really like some advice from people who have been playing the alpha/beta.

I'm considering to be a Gold or Diamond Supporter as having my name appear on the credits feels like I have contributed to the community. (My programming skills just can't cut it to be a developer.)

Would like to hear from those that are already supporters.
What made you want to be one?

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by SkullandSuits on May 17, 2012, 10:25:51 AM
I wanted to support GGG with money and I also wanted a bronze kiwi pet. Pretty simple.
Forum Sheriff
I wanted to support GGG and paid as much as I could reasonably afford.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Because I can! (Plus I live close to the Devs ;D)

Also just something to watch out for OP, I don't see how most of the future posts in this thread can't turn into a "I like/support PoE, because xxx game sucks/fails".
So yeah...
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on May 17, 2012, 10:42:06 AM
I chose to support GGG not so much for the perks like name in credits, custom avatar, and Mr. Sparkles (Kiwi).

But was rather more compelled because of what GGG is accomplished and trying to accomplish, a True F2P, only cosmetic/aesthetic non-game breaking cash shop, no Xp boosts, etc.

GGG is going a step in the right direction here regardless, and the fact they are doing everything I could wand in a ARPG, the True Diablo II successor.
I chose to not support GGG so I didn't buy anything. It's a good game but only good as a F2P.
I've given much longer answers elsewhere (as Malice has just demonstrated), but the easiest is 'because the game deserves to exist and I want it to be as good as it can be.'
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 17, 2012, 4:53:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info