Diablo mechaninc in PoE wasting time and code

Diablo mechanic is:
beat Diablo boss in Normal difficult and move to next Act,
beat Diablo boss in Hell difficult and move to next act,
bear Diablo boss in Nightmare difficult and move to next Act,
beat Diablo boss in Inferno.

All the bosses are the same in each act, all the areas alsoo (except the slightly randomize levels to hide the repetetive gameplay)

Dablo3 is made like that so Inferno to be hard so the game can be played alot.

Why PoE follows this mechanic? Why not just do difficulty to start increasing after 60~ level, and in time to become like Inferno for example.
This will save time for the Developers, the towns wont be repetetive, couse now they have to spend ton of time to make same level few times so we can load a random level each time. Will save ton of code wich is time and money. Also the game will come open beta faster.

What do you think? If you are curious on what i was talking, ask again and ill explain better, just dont want wall of text^^
That's what they'll do eventually, ggg only leeches on the ideas of Blizzard, absolutely no originality.
Yes no originality ofcourse but im talking about this.
Its waste of time, its much much more friend gameplay than the repetetive one. Look Diablo now, after 2 days people are at Inferno. All the random levels for act 1 to act 3 was a waste of few years work.
That was retarded from the Blizzard i say.
Because it takes a fraction of the time to rebalance the drops/monsters per difficulty, instead of producing 4 times as many monsters/maps/random events/quests/and so on.
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
What if in higher difficulties monsters are reused, but shifted through the maps, eliminating the lowest (Terrace mobs) and adding a new batch of monsters and bosses for the last map of each Act?
"
crusio wrote:
That's what they'll do eventually, ggg only leeches on the ideas of Blizzard, absolutely no originality.

Your back now? For someone who seems to hate PoE so much you spend an awful lot of time here.
I say after 40-50 level difficulty starts to increase drasticaly higher. At around ~80 level you will be stuck farming for gear, if we assume max level gonna be 100.

This way you will play the game for years, just the areas around 50-100 need to be alot to reduce boredom.
"
coffecat wrote:
Diablo mechanic is:
beat Diablo boss in Normal difficult and move to next Act,
beat Diablo boss in Hell difficult and move to next act,
bear Diablo boss in Nightmare difficult and move to next Act,
beat Diablo boss in Inferno.

.... because many people enjoy it, and it's pretty much a staple of the ARPG genre.

Once the core mechanics & assets are in for random map generation / increasing enemy difficulty - it's minimal effort to add new difficulties.

I have fun re-running through the areas with a new set of skills / items facing enemies that are increased in density / harder / with more special auras.

For me, once I get to the final act / level / difficulty - I start to loose interest and either end up quit playing, or rolling a new character.
Last edited by kaniz on May 17, 2012, 9:10:09 AM
The process from loging into the game for first time and reaching begining of Inferno took 2 days (for a serious gamer like most of us), there are tons of streams that can proove it. This cost to Blizzard more than a whole year of Developing, and they are bigger team that GGG.
1 years of develop for 2 days of playing, worth it?

PS: If you reached Inferno and you got boored, than you have no idea whats the core gameplay of Diablo ;)
I'd bet that the number of players that are already at Inferno are far, far, far less than the players that are still in Act 1 / Normal.

The 'hardcore' gamers will always get there fastest, it's the trick of balancing the ability to satisfy the hardcore, while still being enjoyable for other types of players.

Some people beat Normal in like 5 hours - other players have spent 9 hours and haven't even gotten past Act 1 yet.

It took me over 6 hours to beat Act 1 - but that's because I explored every map, went into every optional dungeon, listened to the dialog, watched the cut scenes and took in the scenery.

One thing that 'uber-hardcore' gamers seem to often forget, is that they often represent a far smaller % of the gaming population, and many games (especially mainstream / mass market games) do not cater to them and them alone.

Really, why bother with Act 1-4 in any difficulty at all, why not just Spawn us at lvl 60 in Inferno and have at it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info