[3.18] CheapBunny's Triple Offering Low Life Chaos Tornado/Seismic Trap Occultist

Updated to 3.18 - Sentinel League
No balance change in 3.18, everything remains the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction
Welcome to my build guide, this a two skill build again. Tornado got buffed in Archnemesis league and the damage is pretty decent now, when used together with the super meta Seismic trap, this build perform extremely well.

Triple offering gives the build very decent offensive and defensive power, it can deal with all end game content pretty easily, try it out if you looking for a build to take you to the end game without too much investment.

But keep in mind that Seismic trap might get another nerf in next league due to its popularity. Otherwise, enjoy =D.

Build Thought
Spoiler

The build idea is to ultilize Queen's Hunger, Leash of Oblation and CorpseWalker to get 3 offering buff up on myself all the time.

Because there is an offering duration penalty from the belt, I take all the increase skill effect duration nodes on passive skill tree to make the offering effects last as long as possible.

Why Tornado/Seismic Trap and Occultist?
Spirit offering provides extra physical damage as chaos damage, together with with duration nodes on the tree, the best skill to go with this build needs to have physical/duration tag, and I chose Tornado/Seismic Trap. I also want to make it full chaos conversion, Occultist become the obvious choice.

Why Disciple of Kitava?
Disciple of Kitava is really handy when you have unlimited coprse (thanks to CorpseWalker boots).

Disciple of Kitava is a keystone passive skill that grants the ability to consume a nearby corpse, recovering 5% of life and mana. However, if a corpse has not been consumed recently, 10% more damage is taken.

Why low life?
There is no other good damage aura to support non-crit chaos damage spell other than skitterbot (which I am already using), so I used Petrified Blood to stay low life, and get 30% more spell damage bonus from Pain Attunement.

Petrified Blood also essentially double the recover effectiveness of Disciple of Kitava

Videos

Skill Tree (PoB)
Spoiler

Kill all bandits.

26 Feb 2022 - [POE 3.17] 96 lvl skill tree
https://pastebin.com/2vqCGcWi

Leveling
Spoiler

Both Tornado/Seismic trap does not clear well in early game due to their delay/cooldown, I would suggest to level with Blade Vortex + Seismic Trap until you got Profane Bloom. Before you got enough chaos conversion, use Blasphemy with Vulnerability curse to trigger explosion.

After you got Malediction, change Blasphemy setup to Temporal Chain, and self cast Vulnerability.

Only switch Vulnerability to Despair curse after you get enough chaos conversion.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Profane Bloom -> Malediction -> Void Beacon -> Withering Presence

Pantheon
Spoiler

Petrified Blood low life build is generally vulnerable to damage over time because Petrified Blood does not protect against damage over time. Strongly suggest to stick with this two Pantheon unless you know what you doing.

Gears
Spoiler

Weapon
Spoiler

Early Game
Rare weapon with Spell damage/+level Physical Skill Gem

Mid/Late Game

You want to increase the quality of Disintegrator by either Hillock craft or 30% Beast craft, it will increase your spell damage due to battlemage.

Helmet
Spoiler

Life/ES/Resis

Helmet Enchant : Bone Offering Duration
(I personally think the block chance Bone Offering provides is very big part of the build defense, so I use Bone Offering enchantment, feel free to use other enchantment if you think otherwise.)

Body Armour
Spoiler

Early Game
Life/Resis

Mid/Late Game

(Block spell damage mod is mandatory to cap spell block)
(For second veiled mod, I like the ES regen most, you may choose what you prefer though.)

Gloves
Spoiler

Early Game
Life/Resis

Mid/Late Game
Life/ES/Resis/Physical to Chaos Damage Conversion

You want to get the high tier conversion as possible if you can afford or manage to craft it.

Boots
Spoiler

Early Game
Movement Speed/Life/Resis

Mid/Late Game

Belt
Spoiler

Early Game
Life/Resis

Mid/Late Game

Amulet
Spoiler

Early Game
Life/Resis/Spell Damage

Mid/Late Game

Annointment : Hasty Reconstruction

Rings
Spoiler

Early Game
Life/Resis

Mid/Late Game
Life/ES/Resis/Despair on hit

*One of the rings has to be Unset Ring

Jewels
Spoiler

Cluster Jewels

Unique Jewel

(Slot in specific jewel socket, refer to POB)

Rare Jewel

Gem Link
Spoiler

6L Tornado (Weapon)
Spoiler

(Divergent version of "Added Chaos Damage Support" is needed to convert physical damage to chaos.)

6L Seismic Trap (Body Armour)
Spoiler

Increased duration is the most important support gem in this setup, it not only does increase the duration of Seismic Trap, it also increase the duration of triggered Offerings from the Body Armour.

(Divergent version of "Added Chaos Damage Support" is needed to convert physical damage to chaos.)

4L Life Reserving Auras
Spoiler

Vitality/Clarity gem level needs to be controlled such that there is at least some unreserved life above 50% life pool to get overleech effect.

Mana Reserving Skill Gems
Spoiler

2L Blasphemy Temporal Chain

3L Withering Totem
Spoiler

1L Skill Gems
Spoiler

(Bind SteelSkin to your LMB to auto cast it when you walk.)

My other build guide
Spoiler

Summon Reaper Build (Hit based + Bleed + Poison) + Animate Weapon
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3155821

Petrified Blood Low Life 6 Aura Double Strike Champion
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3194071

Duo/Group Gravebind MagicFind Support
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3213600

Dual 8L Herald of Agony + Herald of Purity Necromancer
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3223035

Last edited by cheapbunny on May 12, 2022, 1:42:50 AM
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2022, 10:53:16 PM
Reserved
good bd so strong nice i hope you can do next build for guide .
Is the build tanky anough to forgive the mistakes on bosses like sirus/uber elder or i need to dodge everything to not die for one shot ?
Last edited by bastic on Mar 13, 2022, 2:24:20 PM
"
bastic wrote:
Is the build tanky anough to forgive the mistakes on bosses like sirus/uber elder or i need to dodge everything to not die for one shot ?

The main defense for this build is max block (with bone offering up), decent regen and temporal chain, which all are not effective against one shot, or at least not reliable. However, you still can expect to survive 3 out of 4 big hits (75% block).

With that being said, this build is ultra safe for mapping.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Mar 14, 2022, 9:42:05 AM
Hi, many thanks for your Build guide,
I swap to your build yesterday but i still something don't understand the build's mechanism. I hope you can see my post. I change somethings on the POB to fit my items.
First, i use a Unnatural Jew which you think it's useless?
Second, my damage isnt good to clear boss i think, can i do somethings to improve it?
Third, my reserved life percent is doing right? i dont understand it much.
Hope you have time to see my POB: https://pastebin.com/S2Kvt5ak
Thank you
"
khoatv1993 wrote:
Hi, many thanks for your Build guide,
I swap to your build yesterday but i still something don't understand the build's mechanism. I hope you can see my post. I change somethings on the POB to fit my items.
First, i use a Unnatural Jew which you think it's useless?
Second, my damage isnt good to clear boss i think, can i do somethings to improve it?
Third, my reserved life percent is doing right? i dont understand it much.
Hope you have time to see my POB: https://pastebin.com/S2Kvt5ak
Thank you

1. Unnatural Instinct is alright imo, I dont use it because I want to boost skill effect duration as high as possible, Unnatural Instinct prevents me from taking Potency of Will notable.

2. Look at your POB, you might just have higher dps than I do, I would suggest you to replace the Chaos Conversion mod on your glove to be a general one instead of "when Unique monster in your presence". For bossing, placing wither totem is very important, it double the dps when at max wither stacks.

3. Reserved life needs to be slightly lower than 50%, your reserve life looks good.
Hi! judt dropping by to say that I'm having a blast ending 3.18's league with your build.

I had been trying to figure out a way to build around Queen's Hunger's triple Offerings and you made it happen!

The defensive layers are absolutely refreshing and as a first time Seismic Trap player, wow... that skill is OP XD

Tornado is a very interesting idea, I wonder if you tested/experimented some ideas around this skill on this build? The increased Tornado movement speed when it has been hit with a projectile is such a nice addition. When I finally got my Ashes of the Star I was wondering... what about a second Disintegrator on swap with, for exemple, Ethreak Knives or Unearth?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DerPuhctek Vylana_Mortis if you're curious, altho pretty much a copy/paste.

Thank you :)
Last edited by DerPuhctek on Aug 7, 2022, 8:51:29 AM
"
DerPuhctek wrote:
Hi! judt dropping by to say that I'm having a blast ending 3.18's league with your build.

I had been trying to figure out a way to build around Queen's Hunger's triple Offerings and you made it happen!

The defensive layers are absolutely refreshing and as a first time Seismic Trap player, wow... that skill is OP XD

Tornado is a very interesting idea, I wonder if you tested/experimented some ideas around this skill on this build? The increased Tornado movement speed when it has been hit with a projectile is such a nice addition. When I finally got my Ashes of the Star I was wondering... what about a second Disintegrator on swap with, for exemple, Ethreak Knives or Unearth?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DerPuhctek Vylana_Mortis if you're curious, altho pretty much a copy/paste.

Thank you :)

Glad you enjoyed it :D. Given all the new end game and changes (ashes of the star price/trap cooldown/mana reserve) in 3.19, I think I will not update this guide for 3.19, as I think it wont be as viable as in 3.17.

I actually tried the projectile part in one of my previous build, but it seems didn't add too much damage for the chunkiness, so I dropped that part in this build.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Aug 10, 2022, 11:01:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info