has Diablo stolen players from POE?

"
Pandemoniac wrote:
I'm gone until after the next character wipe. I'm playing D3 now, I've got the opportunity to alpha test Grim Dawn, and Guild Wars 2 is coming down the pike. It really depends on the timing whether I'll be back for open beta.

How's Grim Dawn shaping up, if I may ask (and you're not under NDA)?
What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
Not really , there is a lot of things in diablo i like, but there are also many things i diablo 3 i still don't like, i think POE developers can use it as motivation to improve their game, but i won't expect them to revamp there animation system, what i would like for them to do, would be something like introduce hidden stones, maybe also areas in there dungeons, i really wonder why they don't hide more stuff and make it more randomized how the dungeons are made. this way it could be more fun and rewarding to find loot. in diablo 3 i can run into a dungeon and miss loot because none of the loose stones or barrels are highlighted "Barrel"

but i still love the gem system in POE, it makes it nice to experience so far in Diablo 3 it has just been a rollercoaster ride, with few options to change your build.
"highest character is lvl 25"
hidden/secret areas would be a nice addition, not too difficult to implement methinks (maybe in one of the post-release patches?)

also maybe add some more puzzle/logical elements into the mix (making it less H&S and more RPG)

for example: have some boss encounter be triggered by a combination of pressure plates.. the more pressure plates you stand on (i.e. in a party), the more bosses will spawn (something like the three brothers in d2) - making it scaling and unique with party size (maybe also wary the bosses based on what class is standing on what pressure plate)
Yeah, it stole me.

Whats most important to me, when playing Arpg, is how much fun do I have while fighting. The fighting in PoE is, to me, decent to very boring. The flow and the level of polish is not to good in PoE, for the moment. While in D3, the fighting shift between decent and very good. To me, this is a deal-breaker and is the primary reason why I pick D3 at the moment. I have much more fun with it.

This is what I hope the Devs are looking at, how can we get this flow and exciting fights in PoE (and the devs of Torchlight).

Oh, and for you who doesn't share my opinion: Error 37 on YOU! :)
"
Minttunator wrote:
How's Grim Dawn shaping up, if I may ask (and you're not under NDA)?

Right now I don't know anything more than what's on the Kickstarter page - we pledged enough to get the co-op alpha access. We played the crap out of Immortal Throne, so we're excited to see what they've come up with...
I find myself sinking a bigger portion of time into D3, not because of which game is 'better' as for me they both have pros and cons that make them both worthy of my time. It is purely the impending character wipe. I feel happier investing time into a character I know will stay my character. And that is not to try and fault the character wipe, this is a beta and do be expected. This is just my personal reason for playing more D3 than PoE currently.

I do, hoever, only frequent these forums. I have never been a big fan of the core blizzard forum users. And it is a bit more close-knit here and I prefer that.
*WARNING* - expect typos!
Also just one to mention that i prefer the spell effects in POE compared too Diablo 3, they are very very boring in Diablo 3. in the looks. it is however fun to freeze 18 mobs and blow them out in one single blow after finishing them, never gets boring. i probably would like to have a more powerful version in POE and made with cooldown time, so it would be more easy to freeze mobs.

But i really like the effects in POE they are very nicely done. so keep going with that. I think the games are very different and i will still play both. probably more POE in the long run.
Well Diablo is a more well known title then PoE but, stolen players? I don't think it has, maybe it has stolen the more casual gamer that are based on mainstream but, the hardcore gamer would choose either one of theses titles or even both.
To be honest I think that Diablo did take away some players, well what would you expect from a game that some of us waited 12 years?
"has Diablo stolen players from POE?"
more like the other way around lol.
We fall in line, we live the lie. It grows inside, nowhere to hide.
Give up and feed the machine. Wake up and kill the machine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info