has Diablo stolen players from POE?

I agree they need to make a new demo or something for D3. showing the game off a bit more then beta did. the beta really didn't express the true potential of the game.
IM READY TO TEST!
"
Beatz0121 wrote:
I agree they need to make a new demo or something for D3. showing the game off a bit more then beta did. the beta really didn't express the true potential of the game.

I'm fairly certain the demo version of D3 (accessed with a guest pass or something) is the same as the 'beta' -- the first third or so of the first act, character available only up to level 13.

I can say that while this isn't a fair representation of the game, had I been given the option to keep playing the full game for $60 or whatever as I was playing the beta, I definitely would have. There's no doubt in my mind that what is on offer for 'free' is more than enough to sink the hook in and leave a neophyte wanting more.

And that's all the 'demo' is meant to do.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
Beatz0121 wrote:

I'm fairly certain the demo version of D3 (accessed with a guest pass or something) is the same as the 'beta' -- the first third or so of the first act, character available only up to level 13.

Yeah, that's what's been announced for it.

I'm also sure everyone already had their fill on why the fuck bliz called it a beta...
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on May 17, 2012, 5:16:38 PM
"
Grancharov wrote:
"
D3 is alot of fun, it is alot better game than its predessessors, it has quite possibly become even more addictive than before.

Seriously ? Why would D3 be a great game ?

Honestly - 12 years in the making, yet it took a Korean party of 4 to go through it for no more than just 7 hours.

Not to mention once you pass one difficulty you get to go through the very same levels with a bit tougher mobs and more colorful items.

D3 brings nothing new to the table and is pretty much an over-hyped and disappointing game. That's an epic fail for me...

Yea at least in PoE you have.... oh wait PoE is exactly the same as diablo 3 but with even less content and the same finish acts, next difficulty mode unlocked. Oh and wait MORE of the same mobs as last difficulty and colorfull items.

I really dont want to know what you were thinking when you posted that.
Closed Beta Member.
"
ogorhan wrote:
"
Grancharov wrote:
"
D3 is alot of fun, it is alot better game than its predessessors, it has quite possibly become even more addictive than before.

Seriously ? Why would D3 be a great game ?

Honestly - 12 years in the making, yet it took a Korean party of 4 to go through it for no more than just 7 hours.

Not to mention once you pass one difficulty you get to go through the very same levels with a bit tougher mobs and more colorful items.

D3 brings nothing new to the table and is pretty much an over-hyped and disappointing game. That's an epic fail for me...

Yea at least in PoE you have.... oh wait PoE is exactly the same as diablo 3 but with even less content and the same finish acts, next difficulty mode unlocked. Oh and wait MORE of the same mobs as last difficulty and colorfull items.

I really dont want to know what you were thinking when you posted that.

He was thinking the same thing as all the rabid POE fanboys let's push everyone away from POE so it's just our little cult game.
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
I'm gone until after the next character wipe. I'm playing D3 now, I've got the opportunity to alpha test Grim Dawn, and Guild Wars 2 is coming down the pike. It really depends on the timing whether I'll be back for open beta.

I've refrained from posting my D3 observations because 1) I don't think it's fair to compare a completed game to one in beta, and 2) it really doesn't add any information that isn't already out there. No one will change their minds at this point, and I think the devs already know everything I might say.

"
nzrock wrote:
"
"
Beatz0121 wrote:

Yeah, that's what's been announced for it.

I'm also sure everyone already had their fill on why the fuck bliz called it a beta...

Are you talking about the length?

The term beta has one hundred percent nothing to do with length.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
It is when GGG post the least that I've come to realise they're doing the most. Things go silent for 2-3 weeks, and then something big is announced.
Pretty sure it's quiet right now because the devs are all playing Diablo 3 - obviously for research purposes.

This ^

If I were Chris I would get my team together and everyone would spend a week playing Diablo 3.

Knowledge is power.

Learning from others examples is the fastest way to learn.

Im curious about how it will influence them on making POE a better game in the end. But this they will never tell.
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Let's hope 'don't do destructible chandeliers' and 'maybe secret levels filled with rainbows and ponies not such a good idea guys' are somewhere on the GGG notes in the 'things we learned from D3' file.

Also D3 doesn't have fishing.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Bulkathos wrote:
"
Silty wrote:
PoE has stolen more players from Diablo 3 than the other way around, that's for sure.

Yes the question is how many players PoE stole from D3 ;/

Zero. Blizzard is more than a gaming company, they have incredible marketing ploys to lure players to their 2nd to none juggernaut games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info