has Diablo stolen players from POE?

D3 is alot of fun, it is alot better game than its predessessors, it has quite possibly become even more addictive than before. D3 will bring a shitton of people who have never played this type of game before, which will increase the general playerbase for this type of game all around. I think in the long run this will be a boon for POE.

The only reason this type of game interest me is because of what diablo 1+2 did for the genre.
"
MM209 wrote:
A lot of people will path both...

Freud > You.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
nzrock wrote:
Geesh Charan, I don't think this thread needed that much of a (your usual) response :P

Charan seem to have a bit of a problem getting to the point, does he not? :)
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on May 17, 2012, 4:29:20 AM
Maybe that is the point. ;)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Beatz0121 wrote:
Just curious?

and why hasn't POE posted any NEWS recently? they seem to lag. they need to step their game up!

Please tell us what NEWS you want. If it is patch then, i don't know if you are trolling or just plain stupid!! If you want some news saying " We had a good 2nd open stress test weekend", i do not care about this (really no point to put this up).

No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
D3 is alot of fun, it is alot better game than its predessessors, it has quite possibly become even more addictive than before.

Seriously ? Why would D3 be a great game ?

Honestly - 12 years in the making, yet it took a Korean party of 4 to go through it for no more than just 7 hours.

Not to mention once you pass one difficulty you get to go through the very same levels with a bit tougher mobs and more colorful items.

D3 brings nothing new to the table and is pretty much an over-hyped and disappointing game. That's an epic fail for me...
7 Hours for an extremely competitive team of hardcore players is actually really lengthy I'd say.

It's besides the point either way.
That has nothing to do - whatsoever - with how good the game is, and you obviously have not played it.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 17, 2012, 6:33:24 AM
I did play D3 throughout the open weekend, but quite frankly it did not live up to the expectations I had. POE might not be as flashy and all, but it is close enough. Plus it's free to play.

And in order to stay on topic - I do believe there will be a major inflow of players into POE, just because there are no private servers (yet) that would provide players with the alternative ways to enjoy the game they want.
It's not going to convince you I guess, but the game only starts 'opening up' after the beta area.

They should honestly make a demo in a different area etc, the beta gives a very poor image of the game.

''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 17, 2012, 6:54:57 AM
"
Grancharov wrote:
"
D3 is alot of fun, it is alot better game than its predessessors, it has quite possibly become even more addictive than before.

Seriously ? Why would D3 be a great game ?

Honestly - 12 years in the making, yet it took a Korean party of 4 to go through it for no more than just 7 hours.

Not to mention once you pass one difficulty you get to go through the very same levels with a bit tougher mobs and more colorful items.

D3 brings nothing new to the table and is pretty much an over-hyped and disappointing game. That's an epic fail for me...

Keyword here is Korean. If you actually play the game for fun and enjoy every little bit it has to offer than it is a lot of fun. 5 hours in and still not done with act 1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info