has Diablo stolen players from POE?

"
It is when GGG post the least that I've come to realise they're doing the most. Things go silent for 2-3 weeks, and then something big is announced.
Pretty sure it's quiet right now because the devs are all playing Diablo 3 - obviously for research purposes.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
It is when GGG post the least that I've come to realise they're doing the most. Things go silent for 2-3 weeks, and then something big is announced.
Pretty sure it's quiet right now because the devs are all playing Diablo 3 - obviously for research purposes.

Yeah, that too...if only it were a mutual research project.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
I think the body of the OP presented a fair query, actually.

(there, short answer, just for you.)

Lol, you didn't really needed to do it, heh.
Sweeping Maid
PoE has stolen more players from Diablo 3 than the other way around, that's for sure.
Its closed beta. Anyone who is a big fan of ARPG's will likely also be playing D3 or torchlight, and you can really only commit so much time to chars that are getting deleted in about a month.

Besides, you can't exactly steal customers if PoE is going to be F2P, since theres no reason not to play both.
A lot of people will play both, Diablo was just released so it's only natural a bunch of people would be playing it at this moment. I suspect most of them will be back in PoE by open beta.
Last edited by MM209 on May 17, 2012, 7:40:23 AM
POE is free to play, so I think its hard to steal players from it. I know POE sure stole me away from Diablo 3, but you can always play both.
"
Silty wrote:
PoE has stolen more players from Diablo 3 than the other way around, that's for sure.

Yes the question is how many players PoE stole from D3 ;/
Quite the opposite, all of the publicity around Diablo III will bring a lot of attention to the genre - and with that, people looking for free/cheaper alternatives to Diablo.
I'm playing Diablo 3 right now. I've been waiting for the game for bloody years, so why not? And I fully intend to play Torchlight 2 as well. No reason I can't play all 3 games. Each has some aspects it does better than the other two

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info