[3.19] Tanel's OCCUPYING FORCE Toxic Rain RAIDER\CHAMPION - True ALC & GO build!

just wanna say thnks, on my 2 years of playing poe never reach tier 16 maps, but thnks to you and this build finally reach tier 16 maps and more and that more was my first mirror of kalandra and all of that with a 6link quill rain.

thnks so much
Last edited by BersekerBlack on Mar 6, 2022, 9:32:25 PM
"
BersekerBlack wrote:
just wanna say thnks, on my 2 years of playing poe never reach tier 16 maps, but thnks to you and this build finally reach tier 16 maps and more and that more was my first mirror of kalandra and all of that with a 6link quill rain.

thnks so much

Goddamn :D grats!
I will most definetly play this build next league start aswell. Testing out other builds now and a bit of a break from POE :)
Mathils actual cat
Haven't really ever followed a build 100%.

However after playing nothing but Necro builds. I may have to see about running this.

Was pricing some items, and it's not way to expensive since I've already geared up my Necro and made some $$.

Thanks for taking the time to post it up. Very interesting and informative post.
"
R4g3qu1t wrote:
Haven't really ever followed a build 100%.

However after playing nothing but Necro builds. I may have to see about running this.

Was pricing some items, and it's not way to expensive since I've already geared up my Necro and made some $$.

Thanks for taking the time to post it up. Very interesting and informative post.

Glad to hear it!
Yea I try to NEVER play anything more expensive then 20-50EX.
Maybe one day I will farm HH money.. I am actually right now just accumulating money by trying to complete this leagues challenges and I havent found anything better to play really.
For me POE is get to maps, get to endgame bosses and do random maps as juiced up as possible. So with chaos builds its alc + vaal and hope for insane 8 mod maps then add scarabs, sextants etc. Juice up all the bosses if possible and so on.

THE ONLY THING I have NOT managed to do with this build is 30 WAVES of Simu. I stop at 26-28 usually as Kosis gets Chaos Res and its very very hard to survive that.

My thoughts are though to try out EA Totems or something and then compare how easy it is to gear vs TR. Also Im thinking on Occultist TR.. for the insane clear pops.

Anyway a quick new video I made today
My first CORTEX of the league on Endgame 6-LINK BOW and EMPOWER LVL4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYLUTXfnAbg
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Mar 15, 2022, 10:29:38 PM
Following your guide (which is fucking amazing) and I am now at the point where I am trying to craft an amazing bow and chest piece. I'm about 25 ex into trying to craft a T1 only bow and on my 5th attempt to craft a chest piece with any form of useful mods apart from the explode and blind stuff, and I am starting to become rather demoralized when it comes to creating these endgame items, is there any way to improve the crafting process, or am I just incredibly unlucky?
Highly recommend this build now to anyone looking for a great start to 3.18 :)
Again in short why?

+ALC AND GO, can do 5LINK Quill Rain up to T16 maps pretty easy, dont have to worry about any mods or any bosses if you have 60\60 evasion\phys reduction and chaos res.
+Super SSF friendly
-Viridis Veil you need to wait 2-3 days until price comes down from 1EX to 5-10C, and maybe a day more with the enchant.

Want even more tank, just respec a few points to Duelist start and get Champions perma Fortify with the loss of a bit damage and speed.

With Champion youd take Fortitude, Conqueror and Inspirational.
Then Forbidden Flesh and Flame with Gladiators CHALLENGER and youd get insane attack and movement speed buff to RIVAL Raider and with the Onslaught Totem jewel youd have perma Onslaught..
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on May 5, 2022, 5:43:04 PM
Would you say this is good to league start expedition / heist? Survivable and can kill the expedition bosses decently?
"
jibjibman wrote:
Would you say this is good to league start expedition / heist? Survivable and can kill the expedition bosses decently?

Should be no issue at all, Expedition is my go to too. Heist is not worth it unless you get there superduper fast and start farming and selling in the first hours of the league.. too much other good content nowadays to rival that, focus on Expedition and chaos recipe.

Heist is no problem but you have doors.

I mean just look at the 3.17 first few day videos I made, Quill Rain with random gear, not maxed res got me up to T16-s on a 5link.. with no real issue with dam or survivability. Then just slowly started to gear up and just enjoyed the game.

I do have my Explosive Arrow Totem build up and running and soon gonna finally test some endgame content to do proper comparison vs this TR..
But yea.. I love TR.. and now with the buff to Empower.. and I havent tried Champion with Gladiator node yet.. might do that! Also.. NEW Forbidden Flesh\Flame jewels with ascendancies that are not on the Ascendancy anywhere in the game.. thats gonna be interesting. AND... Forbidden jewels actually gonna be dropping left and right.. AND all other new content.. I donno, a champ should be near immortal if we wish after this patch.
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on May 7, 2022, 9:53:06 AM
OK, back with a bit of update from doing a league start scenario on an Explosive Arrow Totems Elementalist (on my character list TanelHC, ded in SSF now)

The biggest thing I felt, was that on a 4link EA Totems got me to do T12-14 maps pretty fine.. (just a rare +2 bow) added Ignite Prolif and Elemental Damage support for my 6link in T14-s.
After doing some Eater of Worlds and Searing Exarch I noticed my 6link dam (which still had ignite prolif in it) was on bar with my 5link quill rain TR Raider.

Now with EA you can just put down totems and do not have to do anything yourself.. while with TR our totems shoot only when we do.. so we need to facetank a lot of stuff.
Then again I found out you always need to cast your TRAP and Arcanist Brand AND shoot Frenzy in order to do maximum damage.. kinda hated that part, also we only curse one mob at a time with frenzy and curse on hit.
Then again.. I was missing the +1 totem annointment and +2 totems from the Jewel..

So in terms of damage without damage gear they felt almost identical but with the new rare mobs coming into play I think chaos is gonna be better just because there is a lot less chaos resistant mobs out there then there is all sorts of elemental bullshit, also we need to avoid things that say block attacks or more importantly cannot ignite, cannot inflit ailments etc with EA Totems.

Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on May 9, 2022, 9:06:06 AM
I UPDATED THE CRAFTING SECTION FOR THE BOW!
It is a bit better and easier to craft the Attack Speed bow then Dot Multi!

On the 3.18 league:
So, a few more hours to go for the league start and here is what im doing personally.

Going pretty much copy paste of THIS build BUT as a CHAMPION for moar defence. We get Onslaught from cluster jewel so we just lose some Onslaught buff effect and some Spell Suppression chance that we need to get on gear but gain a ton of defences from FORTIFY and some other damage reduction from Champion.

Added to that I really wanna see how Gladiators ARENA CHALLENGER node would work with TR. Champ gives us 10% less reservation because Defiance Banner is free which means we could equip Blood and Sand so we can switch between the stances for Arena Challenger to come into play.

Id just hunt for a 5link Quill Rain or 5link The Tempest and a body armour aswell and that would take us easily into T16 maps super fast!

I couldnt stand that Explosive Arrow Totems needed so much niche gear to get good, something TR never really needs, just a bow and EMPOWER lvl4-5, everything else is super easy to craft or buy.
Mathils actual cat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info