Custom Character... What would that cost?

Do it! Please do it! GGG would love a big lump of cash, and I would like to see them get one!
*WARNING* - expect typos!
Well, Chris speculated a while ago that getting the other gender for each class in would cost about 250000$.
So for a rough guess what a custom character model would cost, divide that figure by six.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:
Well, Chris speculated a while ago that getting the other gender for each class in would cost about 250000$.
So for a rough guess what a custom character model would cost, divide that figure by six.

Wow. That's a lotta microtransactions! =@[.]@=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
dust7 wrote:

I really do not understand how this value was derived. Perhaps it's due to their 'gear tech' and anchoring tech, but it should not cost that much.

250,000 is like 10,000 hours of work, which means 5 people working for an entire year. If we assume that's 250k for 6 characters, then it's roughly 40k/character, or 1 person working for an entire year.... no way.

If that new model was created from a previous model that reused proportions and anchoring points and just changed certain proportions, textures, and the face... I believe that could be done in a couple days with few resources.

So for a few thousand dollars, GGG could probably make a custom character with your own face and certain aspects changed, and still make a profit.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I like the sound of that :)
"
But you might be some Shire stud (yeah, I'm from Sydney too), so who knows? ;)

Oh god the winking smiley face made me laugh. Cheers Char.
The Anti-Troll, Troll.

BLARGHNARGHANGHA
"
dust7 wrote:

not too bad for the 250000$ gender class change......

if many gamers r willing to fork out that kind of cash, every ggg staff will be driving porsches and ferraris. :)
34pre98qua
"
P4N1K wrote:
"
But you might be some Shire stud (yeah, I'm from Sydney too), so who knows? ;)

Oh god the winking smiley face made me laugh. Cheers Char.

I never noticed that haha. I was more freaked out by the Shire call... they make us lol out here in Penrith. They are kind of a joke round here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info