43% more base dmg per charge
33% more dmg effectiveness

BV buffed
Ice nova buffed
Added dmg to spells rolls improved on rune daggers

cospris malice changed from 150 ms to 250ms
CoC Gem changed from more multiplier to less multiplier

OVERALL -- Build will be WAY better
CoC gem is used only to generate charges, apply elemental ailments, and for some leech- the dmg multipliers are irrelevant
BV and Ice nova having more dmg is a nice but somewhat irrelevant buff
Changes to EK might make it a more viable option for charge generation (would most likely have to use the threshold jewel for 360 nova)
It will likely depend on progression (Volls protector interacts very differently than PCoC gem for example)

How the build works

and eventually,

The 250 ms CD on endless misery overrides all other CDs, including the 4 or 8 second one from Jun or bench.

By rolling a shaper rune Dagger with this mod, socketed spells deal 40% more damage, hits cant be evaded, socketed gems have crit, etc. We are able to essentially add 4-5 links to Discharge. Paired, eventually, with the Squire-- we have a 9-10 link discharge which is triggered on skill use up to 4 times a second. Since its not "on crit" this means we can trigger simply by shield charging around map, or by cycloning on single target.

Gear Progression

Voll's Protector--> (optional) Kingsguard ---> Farruls Fur--->rare (PCoC/crit/crit) influenced rare

Boots: Inya's, Skyforth, Death's door, Tailwind/onslaught rares

Rings: +charge implicit synth rings if possible , if not, rares with res/whatever you need to fill out. Precursors with +1 pc and 15% chance to gain max power charges whenever you get a PC are bis.

Amulet: Volls or badge , I prefer volls.

Gloves: ele weakness on hit is the only neccessity from a corruption here. For ease of access I ussually just use hands of high templar with whatever other beneficial corruptions I can get.

Belt: Mageblood is really the only play here and is super important late game, I would not pursue this build if I didnt believe I had the capacity to save enough money for it at some point.
barring that disclosure, HH, rare abyss.

Shield: The Squire. Mandatory for any meaningful progression.

Helm: Rare. warlords Hubris. +1 power charge, evenetually elevated to also grant 10% chance to get full charges any time you gain a charge. After that, awakened onto nearby enemies take increased elemental damage. Starting out, can use Devotos.

Jewels: Unending misery. Elemental dmg large cluster, 8 passives, pick 3 dmg nodes. Mediums get Vast power and towering or vast and magnifier. this will be pretty much all the AoE you need to get via tree. Rares get multi (up to 65% on 1 jewel)-- while fillout out first and foremost your needs with res, mana cost, and IAS breakpoints (its not CoC so breakpoints arent as strict but I would still aim to get at least 7+ cyclone aps for comfort + speed). Watcher's eye-- 10% pen with zealotry is a must. - mana with clarity is likely going to be needed and will make gearing alot easier.

Auras: Zealotry, Purity of elements, clarity (if needed via watchers eye for - mana), discipline (if es or hyrbid), Vaal Haste, Aspect of Cat if using Badge/Farruls.

Gear Mentioned above

ps. discharge still under the radar. this build isnt cheap. but its not that bad either minus squire/mageblood. Every single item below I was able to buy within 1 week playing this build last league. In many cases, they are practically free because of being overlooked for so long.

pps. Helm enchant 30% discharge nto to consume for ST- +5 radius for mapping
16% ias or Pen for boots

divergent discharge is bis.

Discharge- inspiration- conc effect- awakened ele focus- PCoC (once 7+ pc), awakened AoE/Crit Dmg (depending on your jewels)/ele pen.

Spoiler

Last edited by Belton on Feb 4, 2022, 1:37:01 PM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2023, 2:37:09 PM
100% agree with getting discharge back on top of the meta, there is nothing like slapping a pack with shield charge and it going poof in an inflating bubble of destruction. I dont think we will ever get the feeling of old discharge though with the changes that have been made. Maybe something similar, but Im not sure if it will scratch the itch or not.

A couple problems I see with a trigger dagger are:

1) Using ANY skill will trigger it, and as such, use all your charges. If using volls, this gives you a max of 2 skill uses before you have no charges left. This means any travel between packs = no charges when you get there.

2) Using a movement skill triggers it at the beginning of the move, meaning you move into a pack, discharging where you started, then needs to smack them a few times with charge generation before actually killing stuff. This pretty much equates to delayed damage unless the density in the map is pretty damn high.

I think these two things will keep discharge, at least this version of it, from ever reaching its previous god status of a skill.

A couple things I'm toying around with:

Hidden Blade- Is an attack and can trigger with CoC. Could be nice with Squire and Astral Projector. This works exactly as you would expect, it's an autobombing discharge. With some investment this could be super dumb. Obviously you would want a single target set up as well as the CD on hidden blade is pretty low.

Oros/replica Oros for charge generation: Haven't tested this yet, still in theory crafting stages, but scaling attack speed on something like a zerker could remove the need for other forms of charge generation for single target builds. With 50% chance to gain max charges, you only need cyclone to hit 20 times per second, which is pretty doable with decent investment. Unfortunately these dont have a power charge version, so volls (both) are useless here and this would be 100% frenzy or endo charges build. I was playing with the idea of a frenzy charge raider and normal oros, gives access to EE, raider make good use of frenzy stacking, so you get more benefit from max frenzy sources.

Volkuurs: Stacking 1 charge type and maximizing discharge hits per second to try to hit insane poison numbers for bossing.

Overall, I think cosrpsi/squire probably has the most potential for old CoCDischarge, subbing in SC for WB to move and trigger at the same time. If you can get the charge gen high enough (stacking chance for max to 50%, using high HPS skills for gen like BV), you can supplement single target with a second discharge setup to kind of make up for the .25s CD and get the feelsgood of spamming bubbles.

Last edited by Tripartist1 on Feb 5, 2022, 2:27:46 PM
Also, any videos of your current setup in action?
I think endless misery destroys the build, it most likely will be better to drop it and use cospiris with a precision aura/accuracy gear as 60% on damage on aoe is way too much. GGG should seriously change the jewel.
I dropped a mageblood day 2 of league and thought to myself 'wow im rich and can play my favorite build of all time CoC discharge now!' without knowing they gutted any variation of the build. So I'm DEFINITELY keeping an eye on this. Hope you keep working on it and +1 to requesting vid of a map :)
IGN: ArcKid
Top 10 gotta be
Yeah, they killed the build, dug its grave, poured concrete over it, then booby trapped the whole thing. The amount of direct and indirect nerfs to this build is truly astounding. Instant leech nerf, es nerfs, shield charge not proccing, cooldown nerf, aoe nerf 1, aoe nerf 2, aoe nerf 3, trigger damage nerf... like, they really don't want discharge usable in a zoom zoom way...
It has some potential, I don't think we will every get back to the satisfaction of the old shield charge discharge poofs: (https://streamable.com/zz786g) - Watch this video if you want to cry, you have been warned.

It's still an admirable attempt and I'm happy that there's still people out there like me who's nostalgic about this build, nothing has beaten it yet in terms of fun and satisfaction.

Maybe I'll try to respec into this late league when I eventually get a Mageblood just to tinker around.

Love you all, one day we will have fun again :painW:
Is this still viable? I tested it in standard and discharge does not trigger when skills are used, is something patched or am i missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info