Can you "show off" if you play HC?

Yeah it really doesn't make sense from an instance standpoint that you can actually "physically" encounter HC players in normal towns as that would lead me to believe there would also be a method of questing with them.

What I would love to see implemented though is a nice trade chat that is available ala d2 channels but with (obviously) a much better search option and interface.

And while their at it they might as well add some method of keeping your character or items when you die in HC (one of the changes to d3 that I find to be absolutely stellar) because I never really wanted to put the time into a HC character that would just die to some random boss when I misclick a potion.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
"
And while their at it they might as well add some method of keeping your character or items when you die in HC (one of the changes to d3 that I find to be absolutely stellar) because I never really wanted to put the time into a HC character that would just die to some random boss when I misclick a potion.

When you character dies in HC it is moved to the default league. That way your death from the standpoint of the HC league is permanent but you still get to your character and its items.

The stash is also shared between characters of the same league. If your HC character dies, all your stashed items will still be there for your next HC character.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"

When you character dies in HC it is moved to the default league. That way your death from the standpoint of the HC league is permanent but you still get to your character and its items.

The stash is also shared between characters of the same league. If your HC character dies, all your stashed items will still be there for your next HC character.

So there is no way to possibly bring HC gear into "default" league? Good, good! :D

Also my bad I guess I missed out on that, definitely a good choice though since it's one of the things that's sure to be successful about d3.
@Faith_And_Steel
Hm, I suppose you could sell HC items for default items. You could easily make a mule character in HC, move whatever items you want onto that mule, suicide and then you're in default league with the HC items that you wanted to sell.

I know that there is no difference between "HC items" and "default items", I'm just saying that one-way trading is possible between the leagues.
Joined Closed Beta 20th August 2011
"
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"

So there is no way to possibly bring HC gear into "default" league? Good, good! :D

Also my bad I guess I missed out on that, definitely a good choice though since it's one of the things that's sure to be successful about d3.

Yes you can move items from HC to the default league, in fact it happens every time a HC character dies. Whatever items the HC character has equipped and in their inventory go with them to the default league.

But you can not move items from the default league into hardcore leagues.

Any items in the hardcore stash remain in the hardcore stash regardless of any character deaths. The stash is shared between all your characters in the league.
Last edited by Malice on Aug 17, 2011, 10:16:47 AM
I really strongly disagree with players having the ability to bring items (default) -> (HC). Since one of the super happy fun time things about HC (for me at least) is that you need to spend a lot of time grinding and at any point could lose your character and your items. This means that your items carry GREAT value because it is so difficult to build up a character in HC. So I strongly believe:

(HC) <- // -> (default)
(default) -> (HC)
but!
(HC) -> (Default)

Since there is no way to block the suiciding of HC mules into default stashes (as far as I can imagine anyway) there might as well be some transfer / trade system. But HC players should not have access to default gear, that's preposterous!
However, I bet GGG is already on it and I'm just rambling like an idiot.

may as well disregard my post!
Between me coming up with this idea and posting it two seperate individuals had already informed me that one, GGG's got it in the bag, and two, they already had the exact perfect system, probably better than what I spoke of anyways T.T
@Faith_And_Steel
Last edited by DodgySmalls on Aug 17, 2011, 10:17:51 AM
@ Double_Dare

It is impossible to transfer items from the default league into any other league.
Aw c'mon now...don't worry about showing off. When you die in HC and get miserably destroyed, you can come to the Default league and tell stories of how awesome you were on HC and we can use our imaginations to how cool you looked. I guarantee we will believe everything you say! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info