Can you "show off" if you play HC?

Back in the old days, in Diablo 2, when I was still a young newbie, I started playing HC so I could show off in the channels (be in combat stance with an epic name in red, special titles, etc).

So, in PoE, is there a common area (like towns) where you can interact (chat) and see players from other leagues, without being able to party and trade with them ?

If so, will your character have a special "aura" or "thing" about it that will show others you are in a "special" league ?
Fourier - Level 41 Templar (Hardcore League)
FourierII - Level 55 Duelist (Hardcore League)
HC Ladder Rank: 7
hahaha I loved the HC people who did that in D2, especially when they came back as gray cloaks.
You can link your item to the global chat (ala WoW) for everyone to see.
I am the greatest
"
vintorez wrote:
You can link your item to the global chat (ala WoW) for everyone to see.

No, but I mean, if I'm in town, and I encounter a HC player, will I be able to tell ?

Will I have a special status in common areas, so Default leaguers can Ohh and Ahhh as they see my display of pure talent and skill ?
win i see a hardcore char in a d2 chat channel my only thought is "i cant remember the last time i saw one of those" or "why is he in ladder trading channel"

its kind of like seeing a rare breed of dog.
Towns are currently separate for each league. I do not know if they have plans to mingle the league towns while disabling trading between leagues... but I doubt it.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
Towns are currently separate for each league. I do not know if they have plans to mingle the league towns while disabling trading between leagues... but I doubt it.

So players can't interact across leagues ? They can't see each other at all ? :-/
"
Fourier wrote:
So players can't interact across leagues ? They can't see each other at all ? :-/

As far as I understand it, Hardcore league is completely separate from normal/default league. You can't trade with people in normal, you can't see them in town, you can't instance with them etc

It does seem logical that you can still chat with people in normal league, whisper your friends and talk in the same channels, but I can neither confirm nor deny that.
Joined Closed Beta 20th August 2011
You can chat across leagues but town instances are separate for each league. I could see some limited functionality like this being added sometime in the future.
Forum Sheriff
"
dopefish wrote:
"
Fourier wrote:

As far as I understand it, Hardcore league is completely separate from normal/default league. You can't trade with people in normal, you can't see them in town, you can't instance with them etc

It does seem logical that you can still chat with people in normal league, whisper your friends and talk in the same channels, but I can neither confirm nor deny that.

This is all correct, currently you can chat with people in other leagues.
That's about to change though, I think in the next patch.

The friends system isn't implemented yet, but I think it's safe to assume you will be able to communicate with friends regardless of what league they are currently playing in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info