[3.16][HC][SSF][Max Block][Tanky][Any Items]7K+EHP Frost Sentinels+ Phantasms (Arctic Refrigerator)❄️

I am trying this out in SCSSF. I am still early in leveling so forgive me if these concerns aren't valid. Very nice guide so thank you for the hard work! A couple questions/maybe suggestions for you. The build has quite a few defensive layers so is the stone golem and cyclone for lgoh both really necessary? A carrion golem would obviously boost damage. Also wouldn't you get more defensive value from animate guardian? With a carrion golem you could make frostbite just a 1 link.
For the last sentence I meant you should have enough damage if you had AG and carrion golem to not need to frostbite every pack. Sorry that wasn't clear :)
"
soultari wrote:
I am trying this out in SCSSF. I am still early in leveling so forgive me if these concerns aren't valid. Very nice guide so thank you for the hard work! A couple questions/maybe suggestions for you. The build has quite a few defensive layers so is the stone golem and cyclone for lgoh both really necessary? A carrion golem would obviously boost damage. Also wouldn't you get more defensive value from animate guardian? With a carrion golem you could make frostbite just a 1 link.
Greetings & welcome to my build guide,

-For HC, the tankier the better. Defense & Survivability first, DPS second.
-The inability to purchase the necessary items/uniques for Animated Guardian from other players.
(Without access to Trade in SSF)
Long Answer:
As you might have noticed from my little intro at the top, I focus my builds primarily around HCSSF, meaning that I will prioritize Defensive Mechanics over DPS in order to survive,
complete all end game contents, and to reach Level 100 with only self-found gears &
no unique items will be required.

I attempt to incorporate the most useful & relevant Defensive Layers to my builds while
making sure that they will still have enough DPS to finish all contents.
(Every little bit of defensive bonus will add up & boost our long term survivability!)

Pros of using Stone Golem:
-100+ extra HP regeneration
Useful during:
-Labyrinth traps
-Counter against Damage over time effects such as:
(Poison/Bleed/Ignite/Corrupted Blood/Other Degens)
More HP(Tankier) than Carrion Golem, can survive against the toughest end game contents better
Higher single target DPS
His Slab Slam aoe melee attack can taunt enemies:
-Taunted enemies focus on attacker for 3 seconds & deal 10% less damage to others
(This mechanic complements really well with our Decoy Totem so that
less damage will be dealt to both our totem & us.)
One extra hit prevented means one less chance of dying!

Pros of using Carrion Golem:
-With at least 10 minions near him, he does 50% more damage while providing
extra physical damage to our other non-golem minions, boosting the entire team's DPS slightly.
-(Faster & More Aggressive) attack styles

Extra HP regeneration for us & the ability to taunt enemies from Stone Golem are
more useful for us since we prioritize Defense over Offense. The extra DPS that we receive from using Carrion Golem is very minimal & insignificant.

However, for an all out, max DPS, glass cannon Necromancer in Softcore Trade league,
I will then recommend Carrion Golem over Stone Golem as DPS is now prioritized over Defense.

We have up to 75% chance to block (Attacks/Spells), meaning 25% of the time we will be
taking damage from hits. To further boost our survivability against hits & damages that we
(Didn't/Couldn't) block
, our 500+HP LGOH per second per enemy from Cyclone is here
in an attempt to help us recover back to full life asap after taking damage, before the next
Unblockable Hit/Damage reaches us.

We can't reliably obtain the Most Useful/Best In Slot(BiS) Uniques/Items to equip on our Animated Guardian for SSF leagues. Even when we do come across something useful,
when our AG dies, we will lose those items permanently.
(With the exception of a non-unique Body Armour crafted with):
"Equipped Animated Guardian drops item on death"

Without unlimited supplies of these essential items, unpredictable drop chances,
combined with the inability to trade with other players in SSF leagues, we will not benefit
from using AG as he does very negligible amounts of damage without the proper equipments. Therefore, we won't be using AG at all. However, I highly recommend using AG for both additional Offense & Defense in Softcore Trade leagues where you can easily purchase these items from other players.

For end game we will aim for using a "Curse Enemies with Level x Frostbite On Hit" ring.
This ring alone will allow Shield Charging/(Vaal)Cycloning/Leap Slaming/Flame Dashing to
apply the Frostbite curse automatically, while also saving us 2 gem slots at the same time as we
no longer need to link Shield Charge with (Awakened)Hextouch+Frostbite.

Frostbite not only lowers enemies' cold resistances, it also gives us 25% extra chance to
freeze enemies
. The ability to freeze enemies is one of our core & the
most important defensive mechanic for this build.
Frozen enemies can't Attack/Cast spells/Perform anything harmful.
(Dealing zero damage to us!)
"
soultari wrote:
For the last sentence I meant you should have enough damage if you had AG and carrion golem to not need to frostbite every pack. Sorry that wasn't clear :)
-More DPS & Safer by using the Frostbite curse.
Long Answer:
The harder the contents, the higher the enemies' cold resistances.
Using the Frostbite curse will help lower a portion of the monsters' cold resistances,
reducing the time it takes to kill them. (Curses are less effective against bosses)

Utilizing Frostbite will provide:
-Extra DPS (Lowered enemy resistances) &
-Useful defensive bonus (Extra 25% chance to freeze enemies.)
Frozen enemies can't Attack/Cast spells/Perform anything harmful.
(Dealing zero damage to us!)
Last edited by RisenHell666 on Dec 1, 2021, 4:05:30 PM
Got any videos yet?
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info