Any plans for any restrictions to logging out in the Cut-throat league?

It's a win/lose situation.

If someone DCs and their character remains in the world they die because of shite internet.

If someone purposely DCs to avoid being killed it makes it easy for people to avoid death and pathes the way for mods "chicken."

Streaming [url]http://twitch.tv/insidethesun[/url] tue/thur/sunday 11am-3am mon/wed/fri after 10pm and sat 11am-3pm then after 10pm [pacific times]
It's a win/lose situation.

If someone DCs and their character remains in the world they die because of shite internet.

If someone purposely DCs to avoid being killed it makes it easy for people to avoid death and pathes the way for mods "chicken."

Streaming [url]http://twitch.tv/insidethesun[/url] tue/thur/sunday 11am-3am mon/wed/fri after 10pm and sat 11am-3pm then after 10pm [pacific times]
I think there should be a PvP and PvE only Cut-throat option
Last edited by Maledon on Aug 16, 2011, 9:54:49 PM
I like the idea of a timer being put on logout in cut throat. even if its only 20 seconds. A 20 second timer will keep you from doing stupid shit. Any actions cause the timer to go away.

"
Maledon wrote:

If there is an arena like place for cutthroat that provides pvp this still isn't a viable option. Then it's just hardcore. I don't see the difference.
The purpose of argument should not be victory, but progress.
Last edited by wickedhood on Aug 16, 2011, 10:00:37 PM
"
Maledon wrote:

lol
How can we see the other player to kill him unless we have to party with him first? As it is now, we have to invite a player to the group to be in the same instance outside of town.

So, invite someone, ask them to play, go outside then kill him? I can see no one ever playing together if it stays like this.
It's tough because log-out timers alone don't work. People just pull their Net cable or turn off their Router instead.

If I persist for 30 seconds after I lose connection, then if my ISP dies out - I die.
(Or if someone starts to D/L a game client from some game manufacturers with crappy code, their downloaded will slay all bandwidth in my house and I will DC)

I was thinking about this the other day. Their is no real completely happy solution. One scenario will get the short straw just like everything in life... (Yes, there are innocent people in jail, but it is better than no jails and rampant crime)
"
Sparka wrote:
How can we see the other player to kill him unless we have to party with him first? As it is now, we have to invite a player to the group to be in the same instance outside of town.

So, invite someone, ask them to play, go outside then kill him? I can see no one ever playing together if it stays like this.

lol! so many players in beta who know nothing about the game ... so unfair, but okay. Cut-throat will work with open and bigger instances (bigger = for more people).
novakatze < Upcoming Veteran
Invite on 22/08/2011 - Closed Beta 0.9.1
Why so rude? I know plenty about the game, but no I don't know how cut-throat will work, its not in game yet.

Will we exit the town and load into an instance with many other players? And will we have some sort of temp protection so we dont die as we load? (people camp zones)

While I probably won't play cut throat because I don't like permanently losing items (and in the case of PoE, your skills too -- this especially will sting!), I think the developers should move more in favor of, well, cut throat. Make a hard log-out/disconnect timer, and while it'd be unfortunate for those with shaky connections, it IS supposed to be cut throat, for the most hardest of coriest of gamers.

That is, while it seems like a jerky sort of answer, cut throat is simply not for everyone, nor should it be.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info