Any plans for any restrictions to logging out in the Cut-throat league?

In Diablo 2, it was ridiculous how you could just instantly leave a game if someone hostiled you and tried to find you. This will prove to be very difficult for anyone to kill anyone else in the Cut-throat league. Will there be any restrictions to logging out (must be in a town, 20 second timer, etc) to address this issue?

Also, I'd like to know if it's possible to make it so when people die in the Cut-throat league to MONSTERS, they also drop their items. This way there will be an incentive to kill people via a dirty TP. Diablo 2 HC players here will know about the system of 1/2/3. If you made a TP and said '1', it was clear - '2' for a couple monsters around, '3' for a lot of monsters around, anything past that meant sheer panic for the person making the TP and anyone who enters the portal will surely die. I'm sure the Cut-throat league is currently: you drop your items if you die to a player, but I'm not sure if there's any kind of punishment to dying to a monster. I'm assuming that yes, you do drop your items upon death to a MONSTER because it is said here:

"
Cut-throat
The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.

"
Slain characters drop all their items upon death.

But I'd like clarification on this.
Last edited by nakieon on Aug 16, 2011, 7:27:58 PM
How do you combat a faulty internet connection though?

I shouldn't be penalized because my ISP shit itself.
"
Wape wrote:

You should and currently are. You'll often die if you disconnect.
#Chris: dont quote me on that
"
Wape wrote:

Normally when two similar issues that lead to the same outcome arise (aka telling the game to log out or your internet connection gets nuked), you're supposed to be taking the side of the outcome that happens most of the time. Many people will be using the log-out functionality on the game rather than having a nuked internet connection.

So, if you have a bad internet connection or your connection blew up randomly, that's your problem.
It's quite likely that in cut-throat you'll persist in the world for a little while after disconnecting. There are a few issues that still need to be resolved with that.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
It's quite likely that in cut-throat you'll persist in the world for a little while after disconnecting. There are a few issues that still need to be resolved with that.

Great to hear you're already on the right track to fix it though.

That was one of my biggest worries with cut-throat.
ZedsFiction // AshesRelandi // akaZeds
"
Chris wrote:

But will there be any restriction to logging out in cut-throat? A logout timer, you have to logout in town, etc...? Otherwise only monkeys will get killed in cut-throat mode, the rest of us will be instantly leaving the game, only to relog back into town (which is the current mechanic).

And perhaps any clarification on whether a player will drop his items/loot/etc on death due to a MONSTER?
"
nakieon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

But will there be any restriction to logging out in cut-throat? A logout timer, you have to logout in town, etc...? Otherwise only monkeys will get killed in cut-throat mode, the rest of us will be instantly leaving the game, only to relog back into town (which is the current mechanic).

And perhaps any clarification on whether a player will drop his items/loot/etc on death due to a MONSTER?

He said what they are most likely going to do. Have your character persist in the world for a bit so that when you log out you can still be killed for X amount of time

Tbh, the league needs to be changed to cut-trout.
IGN: zerokontrol
"
zerokontrol wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

He said what they are most likely going to do. Have your character persist in the world for a bit so that when you log out you can still be killed for X amount of time

Tbh, the league needs to be changed to cut-trout.

If he meant 'disconnecting' as 'logging out AND disconnecting' then his post is just ambiguous. Both terms "logging out" and "disconnecting" are two very different things when it comes to a player's point of view. Logging out means you actually pressed some log-out button or anything else that that's provided by the game itself. Disconnecting means you exited the game without using the game's log-out functionality - examples include but are not limited to crashing, losing internet connection, ghosting, and various methods to exit the game on purpose such as alt+f4 or end processing the process.

He still hasn't said anything about whether you drop items if you die to a monster or not...
"
nakieon wrote:

He still hasn't said anything about whether you drop items if you die to a monster or not...

You do (in cut-throat).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info