Increased damage vs more damage

Can someone explain to me the mechanics behind this?
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2018, 2:29:39 PM
You have damage.
It is increased by your "increased damage" and reduced by your "reduced damage".
It is then multiplied by your "more damage" and your "less damage".
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
What the other guy said.

In math terms, "increased / decreased" is an additive effect, "more / less" is multiplicative.

Base Damage * (1 + increased damage - decreased damage) * more damage * less damage
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Increased Dmg you add every single "increased dmg" on gear/passives/gems up and have them altogether as one multiplier.
More Damage is a multiplier for itselfs and affects your base damage as well as your "increased dmg" from gear/passives.

so lets say 1000 base dmg and 100% increased dmg from gear and 100% from passives.
Gem A gives increased dmg by 100%
Gem B gives more dmg by 100%

A: gear+passive+gem = 300% increased, so 1000*(1+3.0) = 4000 dmg
B: (gear+passive)*gem = 200% increased and 100% more, so 1000*(1+2.0)*(1+1.0) = 6000 dmg
Thanks.

If the 1 is multiplier, why it is summed up in your calculations. Can you please explain it? I thought that if you do 1000dmg and you get 300% damage increase from the passive, you do 3000dmg, right?

I still do not understand the meaning of more / increased.
Last edited by Jplays on Jan 15, 2014, 3:53:18 PM
"
Jplays wrote:

If the 1 is multiplier, why it is summed up in your calculations. Can you please explain it? I thought that if you do 1000dmg and you get 300% damage increase from the passive, you do 3000dmg, right?

I still do not understand the meaning of more / increased.

1000 + 300% increase = 4000.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
Last edited by Robert_Paulson on Jan 15, 2014, 3:59:02 PM
Digging this thread from the grave, got a quick question to ask:

I am guessing without any "increased damage", having "more damage" will be not as effective.
So what is the best ratio between increased damage and more damage?
Is it like 1:3 or 1:1 or 3:1?
Most builds aim for around 400-500% increased damage.

Just to reiterate on the original replies the actual damage calculation is:

base_raw_damage = base damage * total_increased * total_more

total_increased = sum of increased / decreased modifiers

total_more = multiplication of all more / less modifiers (so having 2x 50% more damage multipliers isn't a 2x multiplier but a 1.5*1.5 = 2.25x multiplier)

If crit is in play:
base_damage = (base_raw_damage * crit_chance * crit_multiplier) + (base_raw_damage * (1.0 - crit_chance))
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Apr 9, 2016, 7:52:56 AM
more/less are standalone multipliers, increased/reduced stack into one multiplier

more is always the same effective, it just multiplies whatever your actual damage is by given modifier

"increased" relative strength goes down the the higher it is:

* if you already have 300% increased and add 100% increased, then it equals 25% more (multiplier goes from 400% to 500%)

* if you already have 400% increased and add 100% increased, then it equals 20% more (multiplier goes from 500% to 600%)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info