Building with Oro's sacrifice and ignite

Hello ya'll I've been getting into this game recently and following a Build guide and I wanted to try making my own thing with a chieftain build focused on this weapon and ignite damage, then doing something with the frenzy charges that grants.

Problem is I dont really know where to start, I've been looking at other builds for some inspiration. I don't want to use totems as my last build was a totem build. Any advice on how I can build this? Specifically struggling with what skills to use

Heres a POB link for what I have thusfar https://pastebin.com/QepQauVf
Last edited by Lupoldo on Nov 3, 2021, 11:00:32 PM
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2021, 2:18:00 PM
If using Oro, you can try Flicker strike to utilize those frenzy charges :-) Grab Savagery, Fervour, Disciple of the Slaughter (?) and probably anoint Frenetic.

Also, your accuracy seems to be lacking, Resolute Technique may be the way to go.

And drop Ngamahu, Flame's Advance, it is next to useless, as Oro has no phys dmg.
"
llang wrote:
If using Oro, you can try Flicker strike to utilize those frenzy charges :-) Grab Savagery, Fervour, Disciple of the Slaughter (?) and probably anoint Frenetic.

Also, your accuracy seems to be lacking, Resolute Technique may be the way to go.

And drop Ngamahu, Flame's Advance, it is next to useless, as Oro has no phys dmg.

Here is some crude outline of Flicker strike on PoB:
https://pastebin.com/s7pnfiJb

Boots seem to me to be best-in-slot for Flicker.

For body armour, you can use Bronn's for dmg or rare. They will also have sockets :-)

Devoto's helmet provides chaos res. and speed, mostly for quality of life. Of course Hrimnor's or rare can provide life and other stats.

Before using Xoph's Blood, Ngamahu Tiki is a reasonably priced lvling amulet.

Belt, rings and gloves are there for resistances/life and hopefully some ele/fire dmg.

Fireborn jewel is used to convert that phys dmg cluster to fire.

The Eye of Innocence seems to me to fit more into dedicated self-ignite build (Hotheaded, Sunspite, etc.)

For leveling before Oro, and if everything else fails, you can use Consecrated Path as the main attack with no fear about Frenzy maintaining :-)

Totems (Vaal Chief+2 Protectors) are used to buff during bossfights. Anger does NOT reserve anything.

Well, I tried all that myself. Currently lvl 82 (name: Orolog). White/yellow maps done fast and easy. Didn't yet tried red maps/other endgame content.

Changed the tree a bit to utilize endurance charges: https://pastebin.com/Lpq4BhPm

Still not sure the Infernal Cry is the best. Also the Culling Strike Support is probably superfluous with Oro.

Budget: 18c for 6l Oro (somewhat lucky to enchant Harvest quality means AoE), 5c for Kaom's, 5c for Devoto's, 20c for Xoph's Blood, 2*13c for Silver oils (Frenetic). Rest is self-found (and subject for change).

Lvled using Ground Slam (dry), Sunder (still dry), Consecrated Path (fun). Melee phys. and Added fire dmg. are good before using Oro.

Lvled with the usual suspects (Tabula Rasa, Goldrim, Wanderlust) and other self-found uniques - Lochtonial Caress, Karui Ward. Weapons: The Blood Thorn, 2*The Screaming Eagle, and maces - Hrimnor's, 6s5l Geoffri's, 6s5l Chober Chaber. Changed Tabula for 6s5l rare body around lvl 50 to have more armour/life.

Switched to Oro with Flicker at lvl 67.

Last edited by llang on Nov 22, 2021, 4:13:24 PM
Any updates for this cheiftan flicker? was looking to switch to this.
Well, no, didn't really got to the end-end game content, as my graphics card seems from time to time to have a sort of disagreement with Scourge effects (lags --> RIP). Last I tried Flicker way back in Breach league, this wasn't an issue.

Edit: Generally, I think this is good, fast and fun for map clearing (beware: elemental reflect, mosters immune/very resistant to burning), questionable for boss killing and bad for bosses with mechanics (Conquerors, Guardians, Elder, Shaper, Maven, Atziri...)

Next league, I'll probably try something safer/calmer. If chieftain, then perhaps strength-stacking ancestral totems...
Last edited by llang on Dec 13, 2021, 2:31:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info