[3.16 Juggernaut] Megaton Sweeper

Travel left towards Bone Breaker and Skull Cracking (Mace damage nodes), then down towards Steadfast (Fortify nodes). Pick up Resolute Technique and Call to Arms, then branch out towards life and damage nodes as level and gear allow. For the first 2 ascendancy points, grab the extra endurance charge from Unflinching. This should provide us with ample flexibility for offense and defense. Take advantage of the guilt free experimentation the Story gives with all the free refund points as well.

Prioritize the best 2h mace available or a scepter and shield. Sweep's level requirement is 12, although, so is Static Strike's. With Static Strike and a high damage weapon, the buff kills nearly everything we run close to for 3sec. Purity of Elements and Dread Banner can be used before the reservation requirements can be met for the recommended auras.

Prioritize getting Tidebreaker first, then Kaom's Sign, which is cheap and can be upgraded through the prophecy King's Path, which is cheaper than buying Kaom's Way directly. Blunderbore pairs with The Gull, consider sourcing them together. Death's Door is a bit mediocre and kind of pricey. Any good rare or any +1 endurance charge boots will do to keep costs down. Replica Atziri's Foible is the most expensive and preferably acquired last, using lower level gems and possibly a divine orb on Blunderbore to get our attribute requirements settled.

I've amended the build to provide a section for leveling, including some useful items. Thank you for posting! I am always looking for ways to make this build better.
Last edited by Cerce86 on Nov 4, 2021, 1:56:22 AM
hello , about the fortify ... how do we get fortify without having it linked anywhere? (or am i missing something) :D
"
artek88pl wrote:
hello , about the fortify ... how do we get fortify without having it linked anywhere? (or am i missing something) :D

Did you figure this out? I don't see it either

Nvm I found it on a mastery
Last edited by xxtraPickles on Nov 4, 2021, 11:02:30 PM
Hello. The new skill tree in 3.16 provides fortify mastery nodes after allocating the notables Steadfast or Rampart. One of the mastery options for fortify allows our melee hits to fortify at the cost of minus 3 to our maximum fortify stacks.
The build looks with very solid defenses and relaxed playstile, but it has damage? Can be pushed to endgame bosses and T16 maps and content? I really want to try it
All T16 content no problem. This build can push end game content like bosses, blight maps, and deep delves as well. Knowing the mechanics and strategies for boss fights, blight maps, etc.. is recommended, as not all mechanics can be tanked and sometimes avoiding damage is required for success.

Damage is strong, although less than other builds that favor damage over defense.
Last edited by Cerce86 on Nov 5, 2021, 11:11:45 AM
Hey I really like this build even though damage looks ok but defence is great since Juggy. Wanted to ask couple of things. What would you take for last 10 points from 90-100 since it does take some time to get there? How does the build perform in scourge? After switching to most uniques how hard is it to manage resists attributes? Last thing, how do you stun with sweep since the weapon gives you end charge on stun?

I don't do 100% delis or uber content since I can't seem to make that kind of currency in a league to play those 100m dps builds. I'm dying a lot this league so this build looks awesome in terms of defence plus almost everything in this build is cheap atm.
Hey thanks for the build, it was great leveling and early mapping. Would like to pile on 2 questions from above as well.

1. I can understand the benefit of running the 3 purity gems for a major boost to max resistances but switching from purity of the elements will remove the elemental immunity that it provides. Still trying to feel it out, but are you doing anything else to mitigate that?

2. Regarding chaos dmg which for me is pretty much a insta-death do you find that just a single amethyst flask is enough, or is that in addition to putting a ring on for it?

One other note, very early on I picked up one of these 2h maces and it made leveling a breeze, even a six link is less than 10c, in case its helpful for anyone early on

for chaos res remember u can try out a watcher's eye with +chaos res when affected by purity of elements , shud cost like 1ex or less for that , i have mana leech on gloves instead of a jewel
I held off allocating the points surrounding Prismatic Skin and also the 3 points leading to skull cracking. That should save around 9 points. We still get max res from auras and less damage from flasks and the extra damage from skull cracking can be saved for later. We still get mace mastery from allocating Bone Breaker.

I can't speak first hand about scourge performance since I play in standard, but from what I know about scourge it should offer, at the least, above average performance if not better.

If resists and attributes become a problem, consider allocating another jewel slot in lieu of either regen or life nodes, making sure to pick up % life and res on the jewel. The boots can also be swapped for a strong rare with life, res, stats and possibly +1 end charges.

We do strong damage per swing at the cost of attack speed. This synergizes well with intimidating Cry and double damage. Doing that much damage in a single swing is enough to kill most enemies outright or, at the least, provide a nice duration stun. Stun is further augmented by our skill tree choices. Stun chance and duration are based on damage done in a single hit relative to the enemies maximum life. Stuns versus bosses have other rules, but are weaker overall versus them.

Unstoppable will provide resistance/immunity to chill, freeze, temporal chains, and stun. Prioritize ignite, shock, poison, and curses mitigation on flasks.

I experience the same problems versus high chaos damage. I carry a Ming's Heart for when I do Sacred Grove. I do not carry an amethyst flask because most of the time with the Ming's Heart it is enough, with kiting, and flasks to be successful.

In regards to watcher's eye, I think the potential can be big with purity of elements and chaos res affix. Swapping in purity of elements for one of the other auras and allocating reservation efficiency from reservation mastery and possibly a level 4 enlighten might work to provide more quality of life and less gotcha moments from chaos damage. I have not tested this and do not know if it will work.

Thank you! I will add the Maul to the leveling path and items section.
Last edited by Cerce86 on Nov 7, 2021, 1:20:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info