So i received this email from PoE

"
coffecat wrote:
Here is a sentance from the email;
"As you hopefully know, Path of Exile will only be funded by the sale of services and cosmetic microtransactions (we hate "pay2win")."
I have read similliar quote to "we hate pay2win" and when i see the game shop, there is no items that will boost you character in a pay2win aspect.
Do you realize that this will be the ONLY ONE game that will not be pay2win but with a cash shop?

The game is amazing, free2play, no pay2win...is this a facking dream or what?

I really enjoy POE but your statement that it is the only non pay2win game is incorrect. Check out LOTRO, DDO and CoX
Don't forget to register on the semi-official
Mumble server (212.16.110.188:64738 PW: poe)

.....And that's all I have to say about that.
"
krismikehunt wrote:
Well you are in a very small minority of PoE players. In fact, I dare say you may be the ONLY player in that minority, as I certainly haven't ever heard of someone making PoE in its current state out to be as easy as you say, even on default league.

I doubt they will abandon development because 1 person has somehow managed to develop a godlike ability on this game ;)

I didn't do anything special...I am in Act 2 atm (well, I was when they opened the flood gates) and every monster dies from 1 hit from my mace or 2 fireballs. I didn't do anything special. I took 3x8% stronger spells (I am not sure if that is 100% accurate) and I took that dmg with mace branch, took str and HP branch, and that's basically it. I have found most of my gear in act 1 and it's all yellow except amulets and rings. Seriously, I didn't do anything special. I use shield bash, frost spike or ice spike (dont know exact name), fireball and mana aura. For LMB and RMB I use that skill that converts my dmg to fire dmg and enemies explode, second one is I think "brutal strike" that knocks back enemies. They are all around lvl 10. Thats pretty much it. LAst thing I killed was that big spider in act 2, took 4-5 hits, freeze and a fireball...something in those lines...Ofc first I cleared the mob around it and that spider that buffs them and thats it.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
It is all about greed and design.
If GGG don't become greedy and keep the shop pure cosmetics I'm here.Designing your game around real fair f2p model is what I see so far from PoE and I'm really excited to see what will they offer in the shop.I think that GGG are building the good will to people like me that go away at the first sign of a forced payment.
Games like League of legends that claims to be that ,but taxing you with time are not really designed around f2p model with cosmetic shop,quite the opposite,they weary you with grind until you start buying stuff.
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
krismikehunt wrote:
Well you are in a very small minority of PoE players. In fact, I dare say you may be the ONLY player in that minority, as I certainly haven't ever heard of someone making PoE in its current state out to be as easy as you say, even on default league.

I doubt they will abandon development because 1 person has somehow managed to develop a godlike ability on this game ;)

I didn't do anything special...I am in Act 2 atm (well, I was when they opened the flood gates) and every monster dies from 1 hit from my mace or 2 fireballs. I didn't do anything special. I took 3x8% stronger spells (I am not sure if that is 100% accurate) and I took that dmg with mace branch, took str and HP branch, and that's basically it. I have found most of my gear in act 1 and it's all yellow except amulets and rings. Seriously, I didn't do anything special. I use shield bash, frost spike or ice spike (dont know exact name), fireball and mana aura. For LMB and RMB I use that skill that converts my dmg to fire dmg and enemies explode, second one is I think "brutal strike" that knocks back enemies. They are all around lvl 10. Thats pretty much it. LAst thing I killed was that big spider in act 2, took 4-5 hits, freeze and a fireball...something in those lines...Ofc first I cleared the mob around it and that spider that buffs them and thats it.

How long ago was this? As they have patched in a fairly substantial difficulty spike. I would find it hard to imagine judging by what you said that you are talking about post patch gameplay.

Admittedly Act 2 is still easier than act 1, but hey, this is a closed beta. Work is still ongoing and it has been well documented on the forums the difference in act 1 and act 2.
*WARNING* - expect typos!
I got there (into act 2) in first open beta weekend. In this last weekend I only played for about an hour, mostly just looking at what changed and respecing the skills since they flushed them. After respec I had a feeling that the game is even easier, I kid you not. In first open beta weekend months ago I managed to die in act 2 in the furthest west forest map. That was my first and only death in game. But this time around I went there, run around the mobs, made like 1/3 of the maps mobs to chase me and then I just casted (I am a templar lol) frost nova and that (forgive me for I do not remember the exact name) frost spike on mobs and cleared them all without a swing from the mace. Maybe I just made some op templar by accident, don't know really. My templar has ~400hp, 200 mana, 100 energy shield ~12 dmg return to attacker, and my armor is around 25% I think, evade chance ~15%, crit chance ~10% my dps with both spells and weapon is ~100, depending on a skill.
Hope that helps.

edit: compared to drakensang online this game is a joke difficulty wise. At least on "normal league" if that is what it's called. Especially boss fights. You need a team of 5 people there and it still takes 10 minutes or more to kill a boss. Maybe I haven't came across real boss here, I really couldn't tell from where I stand since I am not in the beta.

Also, I don't think that difficulty is the real issue with this game. It's the lack of transparency on objects that obscure the vision (loot, enemies, your char) and lifeless character that makes no sound when fighting, taking a hit etc. Same goes for most NPCs. Fighting just feels kinda of blunt and too generic. I hope they add some more animations and sounds to make it more immersive. I also hope that they will add over-head dmg display, so we can see when we dodged, did crit and all that jazz.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on May 20, 2012, 9:02:23 AM
Drakensang online is the weirdest game I have ever played.

Every class has like 4 skills, and that's it.

But difficulty wise, normal is just the start in PoE, like in any (good) arpg.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 20, 2012, 10:43:45 AM
I tried Drakensang Online, and you're right, it is pretty weird, I played it for 30 minutes and got bored, but eh, it's ok for a Browser game I guess, even though there is no customization what-so-ever.
"
BlackAdderBG wrote:
It is all about greed and design.
If GGG don't become greedy and keep the shop pure cosmetics I'm here.Designing your game around real fair f2p model is what I see so far from PoE and I'm really excited to see what will they offer in the shop.I think that GGG are building the good will to people like me that go away at the first sign of a forced payment.
Games like League of legends that claims to be that ,but taxing you with time are not really designed around f2p model with cosmetic shop,quite the opposite,they weary you with grind until you start buying stuff.

Okay what the hell are you talking about? Have you ever even played LoL before? Im a lvl 30 who has 80 champions i have played the game for about 1 year and i have never bought any champions with RP. You can only buy things like Skins champions XP and IP boosts there. The role AD carry has about 8 champions more or less in that category, so if you would be AD player you would get those champions and thats really simple. Also you can very easily farm IP in LoL with small amount of time. Get first win of the day in Normal game custom game and dominionm, you will get atleast 400 IP for sure. XP boost is useless, it only works against you. THe more you play the better it is for you. No need to rush to lvl 30 and then get ass whooped, also you wouldnt have that much IP for the champions and runes you would need.
Last edited by iDaeK on May 22, 2012, 11:12:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info