So i received this email from PoE

Then I guess we differ on what pay2win stands for.

I would not be cool with purchases like I mentioned in my last post, and would make me sad I so eagerly invested money in this!

EDIT - To clarify, you seem to think winning only comes from some sort of battle against another human being. Be it in a leaderboard, ladder, PvP or whatnot.

But what of the actual game itself? Is it no longer considered a game if you are playing against AI? Getting boosted past the crazy shit, past that hoard of necros everyone else got stuck wiping on, being able to breeze your way past that boss that struck fear in everyone else. Is there nothing to be said for those moments of awe when you see a high level character and you know they have seen some crazy shit in their journey to where they are now, not just got their credit card out?

*WARNING* - expect typos!
Last edited by krismikehunt on May 14, 2012, 6:51:49 PM
"
Tagek wrote:
"
krismikehunt wrote:
So Tagek, by your argument, if PoE started letting players pay say $10 to instantly level up by 5 levels it wouldn't be pay2win?

Like mr xxnoob said, what are you winning?
Sure, in leagues where leveling can get you a prize that should be disabled, but otherwise it's not an issue at all.

Because it stops me from having fun.

See above.
Last edited by xxnoob on May 14, 2012, 6:52:28 PM
"
krismikehunt wrote:
Then I guess we differ on what pay2win stands for.

I would not be cool with purchases like I mentioned in my last post, and would make me sad I so eagerly invested money in this!

EDIT - To clarify, you seem to think winning only comes from some sort of battle against another human being. Be it in a leaderboard, ladder, PvP or whatnot.

But what of the actual game itself? Is it no longer considered a game if you are playing against AI? Getting boosted past the crazy shit, past that hoard of necros everyone else got stuck wiping on, being able to breeze your way past that boss that struck fear in everyone else. Is there nothing to be said for those moments of awe when you see a high level character and you know they have seen some crazy shit in their journey to where they are now, not just got their credit card out?

No challenge is associated with leveling in MMOs.
The only hard bosses, as I said, show up after you reach the level cap.

All you do by purchasing an xp boost is bypass certain content you would otherwise have to go through to level up, thus lessening your own experience.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 14, 2012, 6:55:04 PM
"
Tagek wrote:

The only hard bosses, as I said, only show up after you reach the level cap.

WoW. Mentality. Seriously.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
coffecat wrote:

Do you realize that this will be the ONLY ONE game that will not be pay2win but with a cash shop?

If this game gets popular enough its items will show up on 3rd-party sites for purchase. Our beloved Diablo 2 was "pay2win" with your logic, since it has hundreds of sites that have made tens of millions of dollars selling items. Please stop with this pay2win garbage. If this game gets popular enough it will be "pay2win" just like Diablo 2. It's ill-informed and inaccurate. I'm thankful for Blizzard putting real money auctions inside the game instead of people having to use third-party sites made by chinese item farmers.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
"
"
Tagek wrote:

The only hard bosses, as I said, only show up after you reach the level cap.

WoW. Mentality. Seriously.

Maybe in some older MMos.
It matters not.
No content is truly challenging while leveling in today's MMos.
If you choose to skip the content, you only screw yourself.
GW2 will be no different.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on May 14, 2012, 6:59:00 PM
"
Tagek wrote:
No content is truly challenging while leveling in today's MMos.
If you choose to skip the content, you only screw yourself.
GW2 will be no different.

That's true, actually. Especially true of Gw2, due to the scaling down and resulting exp gain. In fact, I chose to do areas below my level simply because I'd missed some things the first time. Going back at level 15 to a level 3 area, being scaled back to effective level 3 and finding new events is surprisingly exciting, and occasionally *almost* challenging.

Although I should point out, and this is where Gw2 is really capitalising on that same scaling, the forced level of your character in the instances telling your 'story' makes the game VERY hard at times. This isn't really challenging content regarding leveling, though...

It's an odd creature, certainly.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Funny thing is, this will probably be the first online game I spend cash on.
"
SergioSource wrote:
Funny thing is, this will probably be the first online game I spend cash on.

Wish I could say the same. :)

"
coffecat wrote:
Here is a sentance from the email;
"As you hopefully know, Path of Exile will only be funded by the sale of services and cosmetic microtransactions (we hate "pay2win")."
I have read similliar quote to "we hate pay2win" and when i see the game shop, there is no items that will boost you character in a pay2win aspect.
Do you realize that this will be the ONLY ONE game that will not be pay2win but with a cash shop?

The game is amazing, free2play, no pay2win...is this a facking dream or what?

I did not read further. Just felt the urge to yell that the most played MOBA in the world right now, LoL, is impressively not P2win.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info