So i received this email from PoE

Here is a sentance from the email;
"As you hopefully know, Path of Exile will only be funded by the sale of services and cosmetic microtransactions (we hate "pay2win")."
I have read similliar quote to "we hate pay2win" and when i see the game shop, there is no items that will boost you character in a pay2win aspect.
Do you realize that this will be the ONLY ONE game that will not be pay2win but with a cash shop?

The game is amazing, free2play, no pay2win...is this a facking dream or what?
"
coffecat wrote:
Here is a sentance from the email;
"As you hopefully know, Path of Exile will only be funded by the sale of services and cosmetic microtransactions (we hate "pay2win")."
I have read similliar quote to "we hate pay2win" and when i see the game shop, there is no items that will boost you character in a pay2win aspect.
Do you realize that this will be the ONLY ONE game that will not be pay2win but with a cash shop?

The game is amazing, free2play, no pay2win...is this a facking dream or what?

This is not the only game with the "we hate pay to win" philosophy. ArenaNet espouses the same thing.

The problem is, people's definitions of "pay to win" vary significantly. For some, items that offer experience bonuses are pay to win because it gives the buyer an advantage in a key aspect of the game (leveling). Others argue that it's not pay to win because someone who doesn't shell out cash for the experience bonus can still level just as much as the buyer, it just takes them longer.

Some people argue that it's not pay to win as long as you can achieve the same goals (additional time spent playing notwithstanding) as someone who paid real money. Unfortunately, as someone who has played F2P games with cash shops extensively (I had a level 125 character in Rappelz when the highest monster level was 112) I can tell you that the line is very, very blurry, and when you are grinding without the experience bonus item it feels like you're doing something wrong.
Playing both PoE AND D3 (and Grim Dawn when it's released).

Deal with it.
Last edited by pskfry on May 14, 2012, 9:56:26 AM
"
pskfry wrote:
I can tell you that the line is very, very blurry, and when you are grinding without the experience bonus item it feels like you're doing something wrong.

yeah i can't play games like that. if i feel as though spending real cash is NECESSARY, i am likely to just delete the game and move on.
"
digibucc wrote:
"
pskfry wrote:
I can tell you that the line is very, very blurry, and when you are grinding without the experience bonus item it feels like you're doing something wrong.

yeah i can't play games like that. if i feel as though spending real cash is NECESSARY, i am likely to just delete the game and move on.

That's the problem, ArenaNet stated they hated pay to win, and then they added an experience bonus cash shop item.

Deal with it.
Exp boost are NOT pay2win, ArenaNet also give instance cooldown reduction, WICH IS pay2win.

Anyway if PoE keep the same mood with the cash shop, it will be pretty much the first game that have cash shop and is not pay2win at all, or atlleast i know it will be the first, if.
Last edited by coffecat on May 14, 2012, 10:51:11 AM
"
coffecat wrote:
Exp boost are NOT pay2win, ArenaNet also give instance cooldown reduction, WICH IS pay2win.

Anyway if PoE keep the same mood with the cash shop, it will be pretty much the first game that have cash shop and is not pay2win at all, or atlleast i know it will be the first, if.

You really think a brand new company with one game to make money off of (which is free) will be the first to have a completely non-p2w cash shop? Color me skeptical.

Deal with it.
u guys ever heard about LoL? would surprise me. its ftp and the things u can buy in cash shop are easy to get through ingame money apart from skins which are not affecting the game whatsoever.
"
Didarabocchi wrote:
u guys ever heard about LoL? would surprise me. its ftp and the things u can buy in cash shop are easy to get through ingame money apart from skins which are not affecting the game whatsoever.

Yes, though it does take stupendous amounts of time to get a large amount of champs + rune pages.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
pskfry wrote:
"
coffecat wrote:

You really think a brand new company with one game to make money off of (which is free) will be the first to have a completely non-p2w cash shop? Color me skeptical.

Yes, why not?
"
pskfry wrote:
"
digibucc wrote:
"
pskfry wrote:

That's the problem, ArenaNet stated they hated pay to win, and then they added an experience bonus cash shop item.

I too think that an experience boost is not a pay to win, after all, in Guild Wars 2, you can level pretty fast without experience boosts anyway, i think those boosts are designed for somebody who wants to have a pvp/pve alternate class up and running fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info