What We're Working On

This is all? Disappointing :(

Guess I have to wait for another week to see if this league will be worth playing...
that map change is not ok. I paid for that thing. Fix it
So I take it you're satisfied with us getting no currency from the league until maps?

I had a lot of fun leveling chars in the last league. Now you're doing a complete 180, where the leveling is the least profitable it's ever been?

Man, for a complex game, you really don't want people to explore it much.

Delete this league and give us back Expedition. How can you go from best to worst so fast.. It's like the league isn't even developed by the same company.
There is also a bug in the Laboratory map. If you activate scourge and pull the final lever the portal doesn't open at it's still not open after the league mechanic finishes
Originally you said this:
"
Shield Skills deal too much damage for how little investment is required and have had their damage unintentionally increased by the buffs to base armour defences in this expansion.

And this:
"
Lower the flat added damage bonus on Shield based skills, and rebalance the added damage to slightly lower the damage of the skill in general...Overall this is only a slight damage loss for players using a high defences shield.

Now you're adding this:
"
Reduced the armour provided by the top end shields, but raised the average defence of other shields so the difference in base defences isn't as extreme. Skills that scale off these stats will be rebalanced to account for these changes.

Now the end result doesn't line up with this for SST. In fact if you're making a Eva/ES shield now you're getting slightly less defenses on it than before patch due to the loss of the quality craft.

Yet you do this to the skill:
"
Now deals 47 to 70 Base Off Hand Physical Damage at gem level 1 (previously 58 to 86), up to 203 to 304 at gem level 20 (previously 399 to 599).

I have no idea where you thought the defenses on the non-armor shields were raised but I can say that they were not compared to last league at least.

Chris often says that you don't want to make builds unplayable but this change nearly made it so. It's now by far harder to craft the shield and upped the requirement for the rest of the gear as well just to reach 50% of last leagues damage.

It's quite annoying as I went SST on the premise that it would only be a slight damage loss which in reality turned out to be ~50% less damage.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Oct 27, 2021, 6:00:06 PM
"We have no news on how we are going to improve scourge, but here is how we are going to make it worse:"
"
We're looking at updating two of the possible Scourge Map modifiers, specifically the "Only Shift into Nightmare on Killing a Rare or Unique Enemy" and "Shift on reaching Full Resource, Killing Enemies Drain Resource" modifiers. The former modifier implies that it is activated on every Rare or Unique kill, and will have its description updated as well as being changed to activate more frequently. The latter modifiers will be modified so that there is a slow Scourge Blood drain over time, so that there is still some time pressure for finding bosses while having a lower Blood drain from kills.
Didn't really understand the removal of dodge, and, if you can believe the people in this thread, it actually killed a few builds, as i'd imagined. With evasion and dodge, you could reach damage mitigation of over 90%, now you're at 75% evasion (if you even reach that) which gets potentially lower vs accurate enemies. I like the spell suppression thing and i never before understood why there's dodge and evasion both, but i'm afraid evasion alone is just not enough without like 7-8k HP?
amen

"
I don't really see a way for you guys to make krangling gear even remotely worth it, unless you flip the odds completely and make the build enabling, generally strong, and gamebreaking mods extremely common while basically deleting all the build destroying negative mods.

I am not going to spend 20-50 exalts on an item, throw it in the krangler, only to get "+20 life, cannot deal fire damage" at tier 3. This is basically an unfixable problem because making the odds better still doesn't improve the mechanic. There's a ton of worthless gamebreaking mods that effectively do nothing for your build, so you still at its core need to waste dozens of exalts buying a new item (or manually crafting it) over and over until you actually hit a beneficial mod that synergizes with your build.

It doesn't work. If Ritual's variant of Harvest was untouched, I would 100% be fine with this. The egregious cost and investment needed to get the same worthy items that you'd then gamble on krangling is not worth it.

Scourged map detriments are simply insane, and over half the rewards are pure garbage. They're valuable if after dozens of maps of grinding corruption you actually hit reward mods worth a damn, but that's a total crapshoot.

The corruption stack debuff does nothing favorable. Hitting 150%+ more item quantity should result in a noticeable amount of currency dropping, instead there's virtually nothing. You guys almost completely deleted the drop chance of currency from scourged mobs, making the only possible benefit of the debuff worthless.

Literally all you need to do is remove whatever obscene -2000% currency drop penalty you crippled scourge mobs with and I guarantee almost everyone would be immediately happier with the league, disregarding all of its other problems. If I'm going to buff the enemies into one-shot territory every map I damn well expect something more to drop from them than a bunch of whites and several worthless pre-krangled rares.
So, essentially fixing EO and ballista totems? 5 days of feedback and nothing on increased quantity effects in the nightmare realm, or mod weighting (or existence of good mods corresponding to the same level as bad mods), or anything on balance?
This is essentially a summary of what Bex had already posted on reddit in various threads.
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
"We have no news on how we are going to improve scourge, but here is how we are going to make it worse:"
"
We're looking at updating two of the possible Scourge Map modifiers, specifically the "Only Shift into Nightmare on Killing a Rare or Unique Enemy" and "Shift on reaching Full Resource, Killing Enemies Drain Resource" modifiers. The former modifier implies that it is activated on every Rare or Unique kill, and will have its description updated as well as being changed to activate more frequently. The latter modifiers will be modified so that there is a slow Scourge Blood drain over time, so that there is still some time pressure for finding bosses while having a lower Blood drain from kills.

Have you played these maps? ...any added drain is good in my eyes! So annoying having full cleared the nightmare part while only having cleared a third of the 'normal' map, and then you just get stuck in a loop of killing 2-3 enemies and get violently thrown into the nothingness that was nightmare, while furiously clicking your league interaction button, just to get shifted back into nightmare 3 seconds later >.>

...at least with some drain, I can go into nightmare, and maybe walk to the kitchen, get a glass out of the cupboard, run the tap to get it cold, fill the glass, drink it in a few slow sips, sigh, place the glass on the counter, saunter back to the computer, and maybe then I can kill 5-6 enemies before getting moved back into the void!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info