Shield Crush Disccussion and thoughts.

Hi I'm just trying to get some insight here. I research most skills and builds I try. I am currently trying a shield crush and running my own build knowing there are better or more effective.

There is a specific mechanic that is stated on the gem.

currently:

4 to 5 physical damage per 15 armor or evasion rating on shield. (scaled according to level of gem.)

Now there are specific nodes in the POE Skill tree that state rules such as given:

100% armor from equipped shield. (when applied)

I see no difference in my damage when I select these nodes.

Obviously this must mean the base defense or evasion rating of the shield right?

Am I missing something?

Does this sound flawed?

I'm kinda perplexed.
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2021, 11:35:42 PM
I went through this same question. The reason you don't see increased damage is because those nodes give you added armour BASED on the armour rating of your shield. It doesn't actually increase the armour rating of the shield itself. Thus you get no change in damage because the armour rating of the shield itself hasn't changed. Hope this makes sense. If not maybe some else can do a better job explaining.
Thanks man for not ripping me and giving me some useful information!
That makes perfect sense which is frustrating considering what I had in mind! Take care!
Glad to help! Yeah, it's always disappointing to find out something wasn't as good as you thought. Hope you can still make your build work and have some fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info