⭐ Your Scourge Final Impressions? ⭐ ⋆Updated⋆

Kinda whatever.

Corruption is as excpected random and so far despite corrupting only weapons I havent got any bow that is usefull for toxic rain (besides rolling from time to time attack speed).

0 rewards and tons of wasted time.

Maybe higher tier "rewards" are better but at the same time I can't see myself corrupting gear once i hit late red maps. Im not interested in playing "fix your resistances/stats" game with extra annoyance in form of linking and colouring items.

I hope scourged maps are better. If not i will most likely start skipping all league mechanics and focus solely on... well i don't know.
Last edited by karoollll2534 on Oct 22, 2021, 9:00:15 PM
"
AShugars wrote:
These things should drop once you go back to your reality to make your efforts/rewards accessible! O.O

Everything that drops in the scourge zone is available in the regular zone after scourge ends. You don't have to pick it up in scourge, and you never lose anything because you can just pick it up afterwards if you want.
- here's my sig
I've been enjoying it so far, although I agree that the scourge areas seem a bit to bare sometimes and the timer goes away too quickly.

I think scourging items has been fun for leveling. Lots of bases turned into semi-usable items with extra mods.

More often than not though the scourged items aren't very useful, and occasionally the scourge bad mods exactly cancel out the good mods, making for a good laugh.

But if scourging items is all there is to the league, well then this may get old quickly.
- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on Oct 22, 2021, 9:25:52 PM
I feel like they took the worst aspects of the game and made a league around it. A speed clear uber strict loot filter required mechanic that rewards you with a gacha roll that mostly just bricks everything you put into it. A few people are going to get lucky gambles and have a good time, other people are just never going to feel rewarded by the league.

I'm sure the late game power traders are going to have a field day buying perfect items to make even more crazy builds then ever before possible. As somebody that just wants to hop into the game and play for an hour or two, a convoluted race mechanic to delete my items doesn't really grab me.
Didn't meet any NPC on the coast... but the scourge event started anyway. Must have done something wrong. Anyone pass me a clue?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Didn't meet any NPC on the coast... but the scourge event started anyway. Must have done something wrong. Anyone pass me a clue?

That's strange you missed it (maybe a bug), it was really close to the entrance portal for me. I saw the NPC right away. You might try checking in town, since that is where he went for me once I had already spoken to him.
Feels like they didn't learn anything from delirium in terms of gameplay, it's heavy back tracking and overtuned mobs. Mechanically the start and stop nature you're supposed to do to find enemies feels real clunky. Corrupting items as a reward feels like there's basically no reward at all, it's a heavy trading league mechanic that's for sure.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I missed her at the start too you gotta run around the starting area a bit.
and the thing is, I thought killing Scourge mobs was supposed to slow the timer down, and as I see it so far, it doesn't appear to affect it at all, if it does, it is not very noticeable, that's for sure.
Last edited by AShugars on Oct 22, 2021, 10:24:12 PM
It's pretty decent, but it doesn't drop any currency or anything really and the mob density is low in some zones - I waste so much time just looking for mobs, backtracking.
3/5 for now, it will probably get better in maps.

And the new poison flask throwing skill is fun to play, so that's something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info