[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
Si6Ty9 wrote:
To clarify, such as note Cleaving and Slaughter that increased damage with aliments.

I just want to know that what ailment that you use in this build to add up the damage from these node or you just them because of other passive that come with its

Ah I see what you mean.

That's just the way the game is designed. If these nodes did not specify both attacks and ailments, then ailment builds wouldn't be able to use any of these nodes.

That doesn't mean my particular setup is taking advantage of ailment scaling. We can cause Bleeds, but not enough to make much of a difference.

In other words, you can ignore anything that says ailments. If we have something that does say, it's cuz we want the other effects.

GL
Hello, how is the build in terms of survivability? I'm looking for a build that could close everything, is this build suitable? Thanks
I'm still rocking the original Boneshatter build (the one without Farrul's stuff) and it's still pretty solid. I'm too lazy to switch to anything else. There are things that are so easy to do with it and yet there are some that make you feel like crap. Not sure if it's the new game mechanics or what but all of a sudden Delve has become a lot harder than it was before. But then on the other hand I killed Elder 3 times in a row 2 days ago. That was my first time ever fighting him (didn't even know a thing about the fight mechanics). The fight was over so fast that I was expecting another stage or something. Then I did it 2 more times (have loads of fragments in my stash). It was ridiculously easy. But then i failed on the uber atziri. Go figure...

The build is still fun to play but you really need to be much more careful than before. I make small changes to it pretty much all the time just to get a feeling if something works better or not. For example I thought that Ruthless would work OK for bossing but it doesn't really (at least I don't feel it does). But then again I replaced Oskarm gloves with Shaper's touch and the build feels a lot snappier (got myself a ring with mark on hit to keep the same functionality).

Long story short - it's still viable and one can have lots of fun with it
"
YukitoEiri wrote:
Hello, how is the build in terms of survivability? I'm looking for a build that could close everything, is this build suitable? Thanks

"
Spelac wrote:
I'm still rocking the original Boneshatter build (the one without Farrul's stuff) and it's still pretty solid. I'm too lazy to switch to anything else. There are things that are so easy to do with it and yet there are some that make you feel like crap. Not sure if it's the new game mechanics or what but all of a sudden Delve has become a lot harder than it was before. But then on the other hand I killed Elder 3 times in a row 2 days ago. That was my first time ever fighting him (didn't even know a thing about the fight mechanics). The fight was over so fast that I was expecting another stage or something. Then I did it 2 more times (have loads of fragments in my stash). It was ridiculously easy. But then i failed on the uber atziri. Go figure...

The build is still fun to play but you really need to be much more careful than before. I make small changes to it pretty much all the time just to get a feeling if something works better or not. For example I thought that Ruthless would work OK for bossing but it doesn't really (at least I don't feel it does). But then again I replaced Oskarm gloves with Shaper's touch and the build feels a lot snappier (got myself a ring with mark on hit to keep the same functionality).

Long story short - it's still viable and one can have lots of fun with it

Thanks Spelac! Toon looking good ;) rocking dat legacy explody gg!

I ran a few tests myself, earlier this week, with my 3.17 toon, and mapping/bossing felt pretty good! Kinda made me wanna put the build together again.

GL
thanks for the guide. really helped me out
https://poe.ninja/pob/UYh
OK, so a few thoughts from me since I've been using the original Boneshatter build all this time...

Chains of Emancipation absolutely rules! I've been trying Headhunter earlier today expecting it to work much better on open maps with lots of monsters (Dunes with Abyss mod). But no, Chains of Emancipation feels a lot better then Headhunter. Rage that just keeps recharging so fast is insane. And not only it gives you a lot more extra damage but also reduces the damage taken significantly. And due to its crazy speed the leech is massive. Ryslatha's Coil is really nice and it was my belt of choice until recently. But this thing is just crazy.

Related to that is Warlord's Mark. I've been using it with Mark on Hit gem, then switched to a Ring that had it and then went back to a gem (because annulment didn't go really well :)). It wasn't working very well and i was really upset. Then I noticed - my mana would get drained and the skill just couldn't proc. Not only that - my attack speed would get reduced significantly. That's when I decided to finally find Elreon in Syndicate and learn that -mana cost craft. After quite a few maps I was able to finally do that. Crafted my ring with that and wow... just wow! All of a sudden everything is so snappy, attack speed is insane and warlord's mark procs flawlessly. That makes me leech tons of life/mana and Rage is pretty much endless. Doesn't seems like a big deal that -7 cost can make such a difference. But it's like night and day

I removed Maim on hit support from my totems. Instead I went with Multiple Totems Support. It was just for fun at first but then I realized that those little bastards actually deal very serious damage. A pair of Vaal Ancestral Warchiefs can do miracles. Previously I thought those guys are only there to provide a buff. Man I was wrong... They actually grind monsters like nothing. If you hit "Player's Vaal skills don't apply soul gain prevention" with your sextants - you're in for a bloodbath.

Now, quite some time ago I got an Astral Plate with a mod that I thought to be pretty useless - "Enemies you kill explode dealing 3% of their maximum life as physical damage". 3% seems like nothing. Man I was wrong again. Just tried a different Astral Plate this morning without the mod to see if there's any difference. The difference is huge...
1. Clear speed is much better with exploding chest
2. Trauma stacks stay in comfortable zone while doing dense maps (it rarely goes over 6-7, without exploding chest it goes over 15 and that's when your health is in serious trouble).

To be honest - I don't know why those small explosions deal so much damage to surrounding enemies but packs of them just disappear when you get the first few of them. Also, there are no longer explosions caused by those same bodies triggered by other monsters (and that can kill you quite easily).
Speaking of the same chest plate - I have a mod on it that I find really useful: chance to generate power charge on a crit. I don't have to leap slam on monsters anymore to get my power charges. They are generated automatically (and when rage kicks in it's almost instant).

I don't have Pride in my setup. Didn't feel like doing that weird thing with flasks and blessing. Even without it I'm pretty happy with the damage. I'd like to get myself a nice Replica Wings Of Entropy with a useful corruption (Fortify if possible) and I have Abyssus helm in my stash with +1 to maximum power charges but I need to enchant it because I'm out of mana otherwise.

So long story short - this thing is still very good and so much fun to play. Keep your mana over the threshold and you'll be just fine
"
poisonknife_ wrote:
thanks for the guide. really helped me out

My pleasure! You're welcome )

"
Spelac wrote:
Spoiler
OK, so a few thoughts from me since I've been using the original Boneshatter build all this time...

Chains of Emancipation absolutely rules! I've been trying Headhunter earlier today expecting it to work much better on open maps with lots of monsters (Dunes with Abyss mod). But no, Chains of Emancipation feels a lot better then Headhunter. Rage that just keeps recharging so fast is insane. And not only it gives you a lot more extra damage but also reduces the damage taken significantly. And due to its crazy speed the leech is massive. Ryslatha's Coil is really nice and it was my belt of choice until recently. But this thing is just crazy.

Related to that is Warlord's Mark. I've been using it with Mark on Hit gem, then switched to a Ring that had it and then went back to a gem (because annulment didn't go really well :)). It wasn't working very well and i was really upset. Then I noticed - my mana would get drained and the skill just couldn't proc. Not only that - my attack speed would get reduced significantly. That's when I decided to finally find Elreon in Syndicate and learn that -mana cost craft. After quite a few maps I was able to finally do that. Crafted my ring with that and wow... just wow! All of a sudden everything is so snappy, attack speed is insane and warlord's mark procs flawlessly. That makes me leech tons of life/mana and Rage is pretty much endless. Doesn't seems like a big deal that -7 cost can make such a difference. But it's like night and day

I removed Maim on hit support from my totems. Instead I went with Multiple Totems Support. It was just for fun at first but then I realized that those little bastards actually deal very serious damage. A pair of Vaal Ancestral Warchiefs can do miracles. Previously I thought those guys are only there to provide a buff. Man I was wrong... They actually grind monsters like nothing. If you hit "Player's Vaal skills don't apply soul gain prevention" with your sextants - you're in for a bloodbath.

Now, quite some time ago I got an Astral Plate with a mod that I thought to be pretty useless - "Enemies you kill explode dealing 3% of their maximum life as physical damage". 3% seems like nothing. Man I was wrong again. Just tried a different Astral Plate this morning without the mod to see if there's any difference. The difference is huge...
1. Clear speed is much better with exploding chest
2. Trauma stacks stay in comfortable zone while doing dense maps (it rarely goes over 6-7, without exploding chest it goes over 15 and that's when your health is in serious trouble).

To be honest - I don't know why those small explosions deal so much damage to surrounding enemies but packs of them just disappear when you get the first few of them. Also, there are no longer explosions caused by those same bodies triggered by other monsters (and that can kill you quite easily).
Speaking of the same chest plate - I have a mod on it that I find really useful: chance to generate power charge on a crit. I don't have to leap slam on monsters anymore to get my power charges. They are generated automatically (and when rage kicks in it's almost instant).

I don't have Pride in my setup. Didn't feel like doing that weird thing with flasks and blessing. Even without it I'm pretty happy with the damage. I'd like to get myself a nice Replica Wings Of Entropy with a useful corruption (Fortify if possible) and I have Abyssus helm in my stash with +1 to maximum power charges but I need to enchant it because I'm out of mana otherwise.

So long story short - this thing is still very good and so much fun to play. Keep your mana over the threshold and you'll be just fine

Wow... Just what I like to hear :)

It makes me very glad to know that because of players like you the build now has a proven record, outside of my own experience with it.

Thanks for giving the build a shot and for taking the time to write such a great review!
3.19 Update: Farming Strategy!

Hi Fellas,

I know the Lake patch is out, but honestly, I haven't even run any of the Lakes I've been hoarding, just because I don't like the content:

Zone in > Kill overpowered Rogue Exiles > Open a Chest > Repeat :P

It's just not for me....

So, I've been testing a new Grand Design Atlas mapping farming strat and it's worked out pretty well!

YouTube: 3.19 Path of Exile - Splitting Steel Jugg - T16 Defiled Cathedral (Grand Design Mapping Showcase) **Keep an eye on my Rage counter

In just a few days of casual AFK mapping I got these drops:

*~900 fuse to 6L
**Not counting multi Divs/Exalt/Annuls + Enlighten + Empower, lots of Beasts, and a ton of other loot! (LOOT IS FINE GUYS! HONESTLY, IT IS!! JUICE PROPERLY!!)

So, how do you "Juice Properly"?

It's actually pretty simple and cheap:

Map Device: Ambush or Favours The Brave
Maps: Chisel + roll to at least 80%, and if you have Deli orbs, 20% is juicy!
Favorites: All Defiled Cathedral + 1 Atoll (I sustain Cathedral and hardly ever run Atolls to refill Cathedrals)
Scarabs: Rusted Ambush + Polished Abyss + Rusted Divination + Polished Bestiary
Sextants: Whatever you like! Sell whichever you don't like or are selling well (I sustain sextants)

Atlas Tree:

PoE Atlas Planner

Example Maps:

If you want to run Einhar Missions instead, you can run a different Scarab than Bestiary.

Switch the mechanics blocking in atlas to whatever you prefer (the whole point is to have ~40 notables allocated in tree)

Switch 2 points to Packed With Energy and run a Sulphite Scarab or Niko mission to make your toon extra beefy for tough maps

That's it!

Enjoy and GL with drops ;)

EDIT: Want a fun/fast/tanky/ranged/mf build to run this strat with? This is what I am running:

3.19 Splitting Steel/Spectral Helix Juggernaut PoB Export

Modesty aside, this setup is a lot of fun! I guarantee you'll enjoy it, if you put it together.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Sep 23, 2022, 6:17:31 PM
Hey, I am currently trying the build and I am an unexperienced player. Is it possible for you to add leveling sections for nodes on pob so I can see which nodes I should go first? The tree in the video was different and I couldn't find any related answers, thanks in advance.
"
Thrusther wrote:
Hey, I am currently trying the build and I am an unexperienced player. Is it possible for you to add leveling sections for nodes on pob so I can see which nodes I should go first? The tree in the video was different and I couldn't find any related answers, thanks in advance.

Hi,

It's very common for new players to fixate on how the tree should look, as though it were this monolithic thing that is never meant to change, when in reality the tree should be adjusted as necessary and they can look wildly different, yet have comparable performance. Leveling tree is fine, it's like that because starting the game with nothing dictates certain requirements and you don't have access to a lot of gear.

Additionally, Regret Orbs are plentiful, so there's no reason for you to worry about what the tree looks like when you're just getting started. You worry about that when you're in endgame and you need to setup things a specific way to min-max your character, but to get started you just want as much DPS as you can with enough survivability to let you farm comfortably.

GL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info