[3.19] Boneshatter Jugg - Cheap to start with room to grow. Fast mapping/Endgame boss videos

"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:
Spoiler

Warlords mark can only tick once per second, you did not and will not sustain 50 rage while bossing on this build.

You killed a map boss quickly, that's not very impressive. Here's my last build in much more mediocre gear than you killing a cortex

https://streamable.com/fid3g6

it was also about 8x tankier than your jugg going off of pob calcs.

I'm aware of the section where you explain why you have low life ticked at the very bottom, "newbs" can read a skill gem and I really hope a "Newb" doesn't have the misfortune of playing this.

If you think that clear is anything better than okay you should try a stronger build to get a reference point of what okay is.

It's zdps without investment, your current pob for scourge is lower than my hcssf char in damage and obviously a lot squishier. With investment, you're better off playing something else, by investment I mean bottled faith and your double pride WE and an unnatural instinct you can play a much better build with that level of investment.

Using a bunch of uniques isn't just dumb, it's suboptimal and hinders the performance of anyone playing a build with that much unique bloat. You don't have any interesting mechanics being tied in with your uniques or anything game breaking, I doubt it takes much creativity to slap BF, Oskarm and Marylenes onto x crit build.

I don't understand how you think 70k armour, ailment immunity and spell supression are "fancy" when armour is just determination/basalt of iron skin, a granite and tree paired with some shitty bases for flat scaling. Ailment immunity is tempest shield, a pantheon and one bench craft on gloves. The reason you don't have those is that your pathing is jank and you aren't picking up Reservation efficiency even though bannerman is absurly strong in terms of PPP or apparently are unable to use pantheons.

Why would you have hard feelings? You literally came into my guide and accused me of copying whatever the hell this is lmao. This isn't even remotely original, quinn and multiple others played a crit jugg using boneshatter, as a meme. Jugg is non-subjectively mediocre for melee right now and the only build worth playing on it recently was acc stacker balistas which have since been nerfed. Anyways best of luck with whatever this is, super cringe to come into someone else's guide and accuse them of stealing your tech when your build isn't even remotely close to mine. Interested to see when you figure out why I use hydro, you should try it :)

LOL, wow are you butthurt over a post in which I state "it could all just be a misunderstanding on my part" and "apologies ahead of time if I am wrong", but:

1) You appear to have joined the game April this year
2) We appear to have very similar trees
3) You appear to have no example character
4) You appear to have no videos
5) You have zero achievements in 3.16, yet are writing guides
6) Your PoB is just a bunch of rares with max 48% res all around

None of these things are incorrect and at first glace appeared to me to be the hallmark of an attention seeker looking to avoid doing the exploratory in-game testing of a build, by just taking a tree that had evidence of working well enough in endgame that it could be adjusted by switching to a higher DPS Ascendancy and whatever other changes you deem necessary. Was I wrong? I dunno, only you know that.

Either way, I have no regrets about voicing my opinion, being wrong and moving on. I said what I had to say and left it alone after you denied it.

According to GGG, the forum is a place to discuss potential issues with a build. Had my post been out of line, Kane or JC from GGG would probably have edited it and let me know what I did wrong, as they have done in the past.

You then come here to "put me in my place", so, sure no problem, I'll reply honestly, without taking it personally, because I started this mess. However, this last post is just a salty diatribe and you've made your point: My builds are total shit, yours are fucking amazing!

GL
Last edited by corosou on Oct 27, 2021, 11:59:57 AM
Hey @Corosou, how come you run 4 diff curses? Ass Mark + Vuln / Warlord's Mark + Punishment
"
corosou wrote:
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:
Spoiler

Warlords mark can only tick once per second, you did not and will not sustain 50 rage while bossing on this build.

You killed a map boss quickly, that's not very impressive. Here's my last build in much more mediocre gear than you killing a cortex

https://streamable.com/fid3g6

it was also about 8x tankier than your jugg going off of pob calcs.

I'm aware of the section where you explain why you have low life ticked at the very bottom, "newbs" can read a skill gem and I really hope a "Newb" doesn't have the misfortune of playing this.

If you think that clear is anything better than okay you should try a stronger build to get a reference point of what okay is.

It's zdps without investment, your current pob for scourge is lower than my hcssf char in damage and obviously a lot squishier. With investment, you're better off playing something else, by investment I mean bottled faith and your double pride WE and an unnatural instinct you can play a much better build with that level of investment.

Using a bunch of uniques isn't just dumb, it's suboptimal and hinders the performance of anyone playing a build with that much unique bloat. You don't have any interesting mechanics being tied in with your uniques or anything game breaking, I doubt it takes much creativity to slap BF, Oskarm and Marylenes onto x crit build.

I don't understand how you think 70k armour, ailment immunity and spell supression are "fancy" when armour is just determination/basalt of iron skin, a granite and tree paired with some shitty bases for flat scaling. Ailment immunity is tempest shield, a pantheon and one bench craft on gloves. The reason you don't have those is that your pathing is jank and you aren't picking up Reservation efficiency even though bannerman is absurly strong in terms of PPP or apparently are unable to use pantheons.

Why would you have hard feelings? You literally came into my guide and accused me of copying whatever the hell this is lmao. This isn't even remotely original, quinn and multiple others played a crit jugg using boneshatter, as a meme. Jugg is non-subjectively mediocre for melee right now and the only build worth playing on it recently was acc stacker balistas which have since been nerfed. Anyways best of luck with whatever this is, super cringe to come into someone else's guide and accuse them of stealing your tech when your build isn't even remotely close to mine. Interested to see when you figure out why I use hydro, you should try it :)

LOL, wow are you butthurt over a post in which I state "it could all just be a misunderstanding on my part" and "apologies ahead of time if I am wrong", but:

1) You appear to have joined the game April this year
2) We appear to have very similar trees
3) You appear to have no example character
4) You appear to have no videos
5) You have zero achievements in 3.16, yet are writing guides
6) Your PoB is just a bunch of rares with max 48% res all around

None of these things are incorrect and at first glace appeared to me to be the hallmark of an attention seeker looking to avoid doing the exploratory in-game testing of a build, by just taking a tree that had evidence of working well enough in endgame that it could be adjusted by switching to a higher DPS Ascendancy and whatever other changes you deem necessary. Was I wrong? I dunno, only you know that.

Either way, I have no regrets about voicing my opinion, being wrong and moving on. I said what I had to say and left it alone after you denied it.

According to GGG, the forum is a place to discuss potential issues with a build. Had my post been out of line, Kane or JC from GGG would probably have edited it and let me know what I did wrong, as they have done in the past.

You then come here to "put me in my place", so, sure no problem, I'll reply honestly, without taking it personally, because I started this mess. However, this last post is just a salty diatribe and you've made your point: My builds are total shit, yours are fucking amazing!

GL

imagine thinking you need to copy resists on a rare l m a o, it's literally called lazy resists in the configuration which you apparently don't know how to use. ChemistHCSSF is just my account which alligns with the branding on my discord and socials.

The trees are nowhere near being the same, my tree is 76% more efficient per point. The fact you see any similarity is hilarious. For some reason you're a jugg going crit and mine is an RT build with warcries investing into Reservation efficiency.

Yes, my PoB gear is mostly life and resist rares that can be crafted on day 1 and 2 of an SSF league that are providing very little to the build offensively, all the damage is from proper pathing and link efficiency. Once again there is literally nothing unique about your tree and it looks like you didn't even take the time to look at power per point.

I came here because myself and many from my community opened your PoB and were amazed that you thought there was any form of similarity between these two builds. It goes about as far as we're both using boneshatter, anyways as for you saying your builds are total shit, if the shoe fits ya know?
Last edited by ChemistHCSSF on Oct 27, 2021, 1:58:39 PM
"
sacz1 wrote:
Hey @Corosou, how come you run 4 diff curses? Ass Mark + Vuln / Warlord's Mark + Punishment

Just a random cheese I'm trying. Since I only need one cursed mob with Warlord's Mark to gain the Rage. Seems to work fine, but it's pretty hard to tell if Punishment is doing much at all.

Wouldn't worry too much about it, I try all kinds of random things in-game.

GL
"
Spritz wrote:
Hey guys, first, thank you for this build, it seems really neat. Secondly, thank you Abbadon for putting together the dummies' guide to it, it's helping me a LOT.

I tried a couplea three or four times last league to get a marauder started, but I always just started dying a LOT around maps. So, I'm gonna try this one instead in the new league, hope springs eternal after all.

Would someone mind looking me over and making sure that I haven't borked Cheebs here? I'm using Smite with Ancestral call as my main damage doer, is that right or should I use soemthing else?

Sorry for the really basic questions, I'm still kind of new to the whole thing and haven't quite managed to make anything work yet.

I'm glad to have helped out! I'm just passing on some tips and things I've learned that I feel would help players in a league-start scenario or are playing SSF. Marauders usually have a rough start compared to casters but can be some thicc bois!
Hi, I have been playing this build as second character because my first character IceCrash Jugg not tank enough for some reason. Just get destroy whenever i try to do league mechanic. Probably lack of hp and armor. Skill point isnt big different from this build. It just IceCrash with Warcry, nasty damage tho thing get deleted just i got deleted too by mob.

When i try this build but i cant help wonder

1. We only got armor mitigation and no other method to defend ourselves from other attack like using block/spell supression etc. But from PoB 423 evasion rating (idk how much evade it is but i hope is in comfortable zone). Mabye there is some other way to help with spell or burst damage from the scourge (like when you enter the scourge zone, some of them will drop a blood ball on you that thing deal alot of damage)

2. Berserk skill isnt much for jugg tho consider berserker ascendency is better for stacking up rage faster or using warcry. Mabye i should swap out slaughter for more life/armor/fortitude node or even Deep Breath(warcry cooldown) node for more Enduring Charge

3. I was thinking swapping out Undeniable for Unbreakable for extra T H I C C might not so bad or Unyielding for Unrelenting for extra protection from chaos consider the build is using oskram(-chaos res)

4. Pantheon. Why not using Soul of Arakaali instead of Soul of Solaris consider Juggernaut biggest enemy is DoT like ignition n poison/chaos

PS: About the ChemistryHCSSF, something fishy about it. I check the PoB, my man start with 11k armor as base in lvl 1, when i remove all the equipment n flask. I could miss some configuration or something even then if all armor remove no matter how many % add to 0, it will always be 0. Bruh 70k armor how is that even possible only if he start with lvl 1 11k base armor.

Dont argue to much with that type of people.They think they better just because they play HCSSF, try 4 stash tab biatch. After all creating guide is like a buisness. It always better in the long run, you got video proof n we can inspect your character as you leveling and ask you why you make this decision etc.

Anyway i also follow your Bladestorm Jugg in 3.14 but dropped it because it seem i prefer SMASH type xD. Probably this build will suit me way better
Hi, I have been playing this build as second character because my first character IceCrash Jugg not tank enough for some reason. Just get destroy whenever i try to do league mechanic. Probably lack of hp and armor. Skill point isnt big different from this build. It just IceCrash with Warcry, nasty damage tho thing get deleted just i got deleted too by mob.

1. We only got armor mitigation and no other method to defend ourselves from other attack like using block/spell supression etc. But from PoB 423 evasion rating (idk how much evade it is but i hope is in comfortable zone). Mabye there is some other way to help with spell or burst damage from the scourge (like when you enter the scourge zone, some of them will drop a blood ball on you that thing deal alot of damage)

2. Berserk skill isnt much for jugg tho consider berserker ascendency is better for stacking up rage faster or using warcry. Mabye i should swap out slaughter for more life/armor/fortitude node or even Deep Breath(warcry cooldown) node for more Enduring Charge

3. I was thinking swapping out Undeniable for Unbreakable for extra T H I C C might not so bad or Unyielding for Unrelenting for extra protection from chaos consider the build is using oskram(-chaos res)

4. Pantheon. Why not using Soul of Arakaali instead of Soul of Solaris consider Juggernaut biggest enemy is DoT like ignition n poison/chaos

PS: About the ChemistryHCSSF, something fishy about it. I check the PoB, my man start with 11k armor as base in lvl 1, when i remove all the equipment n flask. I could miss some configuration or something even then if all armor remove no matter how many % add to 0, it will always be 0. Bruh 70k armor how is that even possible only if he start with lvl 1 11k base armor.

Dont argue to much with that type of people.They think they better just because they play HCSSF, try 4 stash tab biatch. After all creating guide is like a buisness. It always better in the long run, you got video proof n we can inspect your character as you leveling and ask you why you make this decision etc.

Anyway i also follow your Bladestorm Jugg in 3.14 but dropped it because it seem i prefer SMASH type xD. Probably this build will suit me way better
Hallo thread! Another update with the progress of Cheebs McNaldo:

First, to see where I am at, a PoB export
Or just hit my name and have a look at Cheebs there

https://pastebin.com/xmEa5zei

Commentary: So, had my first, second, third and fourth deaths today. It seems like it's mostly alphastrike bullshit from Kitava (act 5 kit.) and heist baddies.

I've switched over to boneshatter now, as it seems to be doing more damage and burning down mobs quicker. I've started working on getting my life up some more, which I think is the right thing to do to help survive a bit.

I got lucky and found the belt of the deceiver and a decent replica wings for level 68, which shouldn't be too far off now!

My immediate goals are: a) Start working towards the next labyrinth and b) get through the acts at a good pace.

I'd also like to solicit suggestions... am I doing this right? Where should I go next?
"
YamamotoChan wrote:
Spoiler

Hi, thanks for posting!

1. In my testing, prior to and during 3.15, having around 15-20k armor, Endurance Charges, Fortify and some Ailment mitigation from Flasks/Pantheon felt enough, but the issue was Elemental damage as we had no easy way to get above 76% max res or 77% by taking both Soul of Steel and Crystal Skin. Now we have Resistance Mastery and we can reach 80/79/79 resistances by Act 3-4 and it makes a huge difference. Now, I dunno if you're aware of this, but there were several over-tuned mobs in Scourge that were doing insane amounts of damage that no one was able to mitigate. Those have been tuned-down in the latest patch, so that may have been what was killing you. Either way, one-shots are going to happen from time to time with a build that can only ever reach around 5-6k life.

2. You can certainly go Zerker, but you're going to have to deal with Freeze, Accuracy and Temporal Chains, which is certainly doable, but will require effort to fix. As far as Rage goes, I never considered it a resource you are meant to sustain and I just use it for burst damage whenever I feel I need it or want to take down a boss/mob quicker.

3. Any build you play you should adjust and make it fit your play-style. In 3.16 I feel tanky enough to go with Unyielding, instead of Unrelenting, but if you don't, switch as necessary.

4. I prefer to get Crit immunity + 50% Crit Ailment avoidance instead, but test and see which you like better. Ignite is taken care of by Sin's Rebirth, Shock with Life flask, Poison from Shakari Pantheon. Also, two of my Magic flasks have pure DPS mods, so you can switch one of those too for some other Ailment mitigation.

Looking at your character, you're just getting started, so don't judge the build until you're closer to my level and gear. I'll be posting some T16 videos soon, so you can see the Scourge mechanic feels pretty tame compared to 3.15 Logbooks. So far, every single Scourge "boss" I've encountered I was able to kill deathless or with a single death, so they are much much easier than Expedition was.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Oct 27, 2021, 7:02:28 PM
"
Spritz wrote:
Hallo thread! Another update with the progress of Cheebs McNaldo:

First, to see where I am at, a PoB export
Or just hit my name and have a look at Cheebs there

https://pastebin.com/xmEa5zei

Commentary: So, had my first, second, third and fourth deaths today. It seems like it's mostly alphastrike bullshit from Kitava (act 5 kit.) and heist baddies.

I've switched over to boneshatter now, as it seems to be doing more damage and burning down mobs quicker. I've started working on getting my life up some more, which I think is the right thing to do to help survive a bit.

I got lucky and found the belt of the deceiver and a decent replica wings for level 68, which shouldn't be too far off now!

My immediate goals are: a) Start working towards the next labyrinth and b) get through the acts at a good pace.

I'd also like to solicit suggestions... am I doing this right? Where should I go next?

Very nice! Glad to hear it's working well for you.

I see you picked up the Reservation Mastery, even though I never mentioned it. Good job for thinking for yourself, evaluating the tree and adjusting as you see fit. That's how you learn to properly play this game :)

Keep it up and let us know how you're doing.

GL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info