Expedition Ends Soon

"
"
xweezyfbaby3x wrote:
Players have a limit on how much abusive behavior they can take.

Blizzard is still trying to find that limit. xD

i didn't play retail wow for a long time, but hasn't it lost like 90% of playerbase (comparing to wotlk where it peaked)? yeah, we can say that they are trying to find the limit, but actually it takes a lot of effort to kill a franchise of that magnitude. some can say that they have succeeded.

i think in case of poe it's much, much simpler task because ggg doesn't have that margin of safety. some can say the game is half-dead already because since 1.5 month there is a very low player count left playing and the game drops even from top50-60 of steamcharts. constant lack of qol, lack of proper balancing, catering to 0.1%, some serious rudimental ideological approaches are weak sides of the game. i still stick to opinion that 3.15 support gems nerfs were a big mistake.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Oct 11, 2021, 4:38:47 AM
Is it me, or is the console release getting further and further away from the PC?
Shit.

I got like 8 more achievements that I just don't have much time to get and it ends in a week?
I think the league was ok. Same as many other leagues.
I think that there are good production methods there like trying to make leagues a temporary 'boost' to the item pool without changing the base.
Sadly, GGG doesn't have the ability to let anything go, and try to keep absolutley everything, so instead of even just doing re-run seasons they add everything to the game and then have to go around nerfing and re-balancing the game from adding the 'item boosted' season stuff that should have been temporary.

On the other side too there are some terrible production methods that just can't be let go.
They insist on continualy modifying the game to try to make it, so that a character always has a chance to be one or two shotted.
Everything is min/maxed.
Yeah, we all like excitement, but we also all like rewards, and nobody can run 'on edge' forever. It's not possible even if ignoring mental health issues.
Just look at other ARPG's and what made them successful. Spending hours on end grinding up a character and getting to the point where you either become practically invincible or one shot. That is fun! That is a reward!
Half of the time anyone has played on games like Diablo is after their character is 'strong'. I have seen mates grind for hours on end for the items that 'perfect' their character despite already being able to smash content or having finished things 500 times.
But what about ecomony? Give me a break. If the economy floods with currency, then people will start using it to craft and might give up on items outside of standard drops. Oh no! That would be like...um... Exactly what GGG wants?

But a person might also get bored of that toon? Yeah, it means the person will probably get bored of that toon. But then having had fun and more particularly having gained success at the build they tried, they will want to do it again with a different build. If nothing else for the sense of achievement.

Challenge then reward. It is such a simple and basic part of any game, but GGG for some reason are trying to always turn the game into some kind of infinite on edge grind, that not only is impossible, worse it ignores the fact that people have limits (and burn out) and even more importantly the need for balance.

PoE is a good game, but it could be an awesome.
Come on GGG! Wake the F up and stop breaking your heads trying to micro balance items and insert more RNG. Gambling is addictive, but so is fun, and it doesn't burn people out or make them feel ripped off how gambling does. RNG Item pool is enough already.

Anyone who spends alot of time and effort, needs to have a time of ease and blowing off steam. (Maybe decimating 'simulated inhumane lesser beings')
Stop deluding yourself with more is better. Having more options, if they are pointless or unusable not only has no value, it de-values the options you have and produces clutter.
Get rid of crap like level 1 rolls on level 100 items, or atleast make it limited to 1 per item or something.
Once again. Stop trying to keep everything and force people to play it.

Was a bit of a splurge. I'll be the first to admit I am blowing off a bit off steam about it. Hopefully someone has enough brains to understand where I am coming from. This game still has the potential to go bigger, but also has the potential to flop.

GGG has my support. I am making these comments, not out of lost hope, but out of hope for greater things.

Peace out!
Universal Law - Balance
Last edited by Belurges on Oct 11, 2021, 6:52:08 AM
"
Belurges wrote:
I think the league was ok

i disagree

league is bad, patch is bad (imo)

too much micromanagement

reading mods, placing explosives, detonating, opening chests, picking up splinters = terrible gameplay not fun at all, not only it breaks the usual action gameplay flow (something like blight, but even worse), it demands tons of clicking

here's how it should have been:
- you meet the guy and explosives already pre-established
- difficulty of the encounter scales with map quantity (all garbage mods like immunities should be removed)
- all you have to do is to pull the trigger
- after league mobs are killed, all chests are opened automatically when encounter ends and all splinters are vacuum picked-up

so something like abyss 2.0, but improved, since no random movement of cracks and addition of vendors and logbooks.

thats. fucking. it.
dead game
bring back 3.13
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Expedition wont be the only thing ending soon if things keep going this direction.

Hear hear !

+1
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
"
Belurges wrote:
I think the league was ok

i disagree

league is bad, patch is bad (imo)

too much micromanagement

reading mods, placing explosives, detonating, opening chests, picking up splinters = terrible gameplay not fun at all, not only it breaks the usual action gameplay flow (something like blight, but even worse), it demands tons of clicking

here's how it should have been:
- you meet the guy and explosives already pre-established
- difficulty of the encounter scales with map quantity (all garbage mods like immunities should be removed)
- all you have to do is to pull the trigger
- after league mobs are killed, all chests are opened automatically when encounter ends and all splinters are vacuum picked-up

so something like abyss 2.0, but improved, since no random movement of cracks and addition of vendors and logbooks.

thats. fucking. it.

+1
"
Belurges wrote:
I think the league was ok. Same as many other leagues.
I think that there are good production methods there like trying to make leagues a temporary 'boost' to the item pool without changing the base.
Sadly, GGG doesn't have the ability to let anything go, and try to keep absolutley everything, so instead of even just doing re-run seasons they add everything to the game and then have to go around nerfing and re-balancing the game from adding the 'item boosted' season stuff that should have been temporary.

On the other side too there are some terrible production methods that just can't be let go.
They insist on continualy modifying the game to try to make it, so that a character always has a chance to be one or two shotted.
Everything is min/maxed.
Yeah, we all like excitement, but we also all like rewards, and nobody can run 'on edge' forever. It's not possible even if ignoring mental health issues.
Just look at other ARPG's and what made them successful. Spending hours on end grinding up a character and getting to the point where you either become practically invincible or one shot. That is fun! That is a reward!
Half of the time anyone has played on games like Diablo is after their character is 'strong'. I have seen mates grind for hours on end for the items that 'perfect' their character despite already being able to smash content or having finished things 500 times.
But what about ecomony? Give me a break. If the economy floods with currency, then people will start using it to craft and might give up on items outside of standard drops. Oh no! That would be like...um... Exactly what GGG wants?

But a person might also get bored of that toon? Yeah, it means the person will probably get bored of that toon. But then having had fun and more particularly having gained success at the build they tried, they will want to do it again with a different build. If nothing else for the sense of achievement.

Challenge then reward. It is such a simple and basic part of any game, but GGG for some reason are trying to always turn the game into some kind of infinite on edge grind, that not only is impossible, worse it ignores the fact that people have limits (and burn out) and even more importantly the need for balance.

PoE is a good game, but it could be an awesome.
Come on GGG! Wake the F up and stop breaking your heads trying to micro balance items and insert more RNG. Gambling is addictive, but so is fun, and it doesn't burn people out or make them feel ripped off how gambling does. RNG Item pool is enough already.

Anyone who spends alot of time and effort, needs to have a time of ease and blowing off steam. (Maybe decimating 'simulated inhumane lesser beings')
Stop deluding yourself with more is better. Having more options, if they are pointless or unusable not only has no value, it de-values the options you have and produces clutter.
Get rid of crap like level 1 rolls on level 100 items, or atleast make it limited to 1 per item or something.
Once again. Stop trying to keep everything and force people to play it.

Was a bit of a splurge. I'll be the first to admit I am blowing off a bit off steam about it. Hopefully someone has enough brains to understand where I am coming from. This game still has the potential to go bigger, but also has the potential to flop.

GGG has my support. I am making these comments, not out of lost hope, but out of hope for greater things.

Peace out!

Very true +1
Last edited by tolik49_5 on Jan 4, 2022, 7:46:40 AM
some of the comments in this thread really make me sympathize with the people balancing this game messing up something is like dropping a stick of dynamite in a kindergarten hope this next league is great though keep up the good work
Cassia supremacy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info