Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 1 - Flasks and Ailment Mitigation

If you want to address the problem of have to go fast meta making flask infinity better I think adding a mode to Enkindling Orb that turns off charge generation and turn it into a cooldown it would be massive QoL for slower builds. It would make flask weaker for quick builds but allow slowers ones to say not charge into the next pack right away because their flask will be off cooldown soon. It would also encourage people to make a 2nd set of flask for bossing as it would also be a huge QoL for slower bossing builds that don't have a lot of adds.

I'd say any where between the flasks duration and double it's duration as a cooldown that starts when the flask isn't active would be reasonably fair.
Last edited by SourFae on Oct 6, 2021, 12:06:32 AM
"
everfeather wrote:
I like this format used for this balance article

+1
"
PaineD_ wrote:
finally aurabots and cursebots are getting nerfed
gut them into oblivion without hesitation
Thank u <3

Just seems really rude to people that enjoy playing support and having a meaningful reason to have friends they play with.
aura/curse bots are the main reason for team play on high level (100% deli maps, fast farming in general etc.). if you destroy them you destroy team play if I may say so.
Mirror of Kalandra?
still a 0 build league lmao
"
SourFae wrote:
If you want to address the problem of have to go fast meta making flask infinity better I think adding a mode to Enkindling Orb that turns off charge generation and turn it into a cooldown it would be massive QoL for slower builds. It would make flask weaker for quick builds but allow slowers ones to say not charge into the next pack right away because their flask will be off cooldown soon. It would also encourage people to make a 2nd set of flask for bossing as it would also be a huge QoL for slower bossing builds that don't have a lot of adds.

I'd say any where between the flasks duration and double it's duration as a cooldown that starts when the flask isn't active would be reasonably fair.

Excellent idea! I agree.

Putting the flask charge alternative on a jewel or in passives is wrong -- it uses precious slots on the passive tree, which only further proves there is only one true way to play PoE: fast meta DPS.

At first the new flask mods read like buffs.
But considering the modifier pool got bigger and the RNG to the the right one is way less than before.

And also why would anyone use purity for ailment immunity in a longterm sense of way.
That aura is pretty useless and hardly ever used for its former main effect beyond leveling or early progression.
Even with ailment immunity it willl get replaced fast when people transition to immunity through passives and items and the 50% reservation does not entice people to use it longterm either.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 6, 2021, 12:27:35 AM
Thank you for providing tools to mitigate ailments. I also appreciate options for increased defenses based on flask mods. I'm actually looking forward to part 2...
Well, well, well: If that doesn't sound nice :-)
"
ama wrote:
aura/curse bots are the main reason for team play on high level (100% deli maps, fast farming in general etc.). if you destroy them you destroy team play if I may say so.

Not necessarily.

If it's the stacking that makes Aurabots OP, and they reduce the amount of auras any single character can use at once (raise reservation cost) but in turn raise their effectiveness (you get more out of each vanilla aura), it could actually encourage more diverse party play instead of just "everyone pile in and we need one Aurabot to provide all buffs." Parties would have to be more discerning about needing elemental protection, offensive speed, more EHP, etc. The reward for a 6-player team who harmonizes could be BETTER than current "all auras on one support character" -- it'd take more social effort and organizing, but if the goal is truly to play with your friends or guildmates and not just wreck the endgame with one aurabot, it seems the work would be inherent in the collaboration from the get-go. Also makes leveling much easier if you have a character who specializes in a certain aura, offense, and/or defense mechanic.

Or maybe like how there is monster and rarity scaling while in a party, there could be aura scaling, too. If number of simultaneous auras ends up being reduced, and most characters could only handle 2 or 3 auras even with heavy investment, what if aura effectiveness was buffed while in a party, since monsters are harder and everyone's got to share the 6 portals? It's a reward for working together.

Not to mention... sticking together. If 6 players are all interdependent on one another for aura coverage, they are more likely to stay within a screen-length of one another. Not just the aurabot and DPS leader running ahead, with the rest of the party hobbling along to mooch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info