Path of Exile: Scourge Teasers

"
AngryC00kieZ wrote:
THIS IS NOT END GAME CONTENT...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uber breach and emblems are party play mechanics... not worth doing solo!

All uber variants drop from the non uber variant of the mechanic... this is boring!

Again... give us an end game that's worth playing from both a mechanic and economic perspective, this is not end game, this is called, WE HAVE NO IDEEA WHAT TO PUT IN THE GAME!!!

Calm down. They're literally just the "aspirational content" that was promised by Chris for the very top players/builds. They're specifically the content most people should not expect to ever play, and that's the whole point of it. Remarkably, GGG has delivered on this exactly as promised.

The actual new endgame content for the rest of us is the atlas simplification in 3.16, and the post-Maven atlas in 3.17.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
"
"
AngryC00kieZ wrote:
THIS IS NOT END GAME CONTENT...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uber breach and emblems are party play mechanics... not worth doing solo!

All uber variants drop from the non uber variant of the mechanic... this is boring!

Again... give us an end game that's worth playing from both a mechanic and economic perspective, this is not end game, this is called, WE HAVE NO IDEEA WHAT TO PUT IN THE GAME!!!

Calm down. They're literally just the "aspirational content" that was promised by Chris for the very top players/builds. They're specifically the content most people should not expect to ever play, and that's the whole point of it. Remarkably, GGG has delivered on this exactly as promised.

The actual new endgame content for the rest of us is the atlas simplification in 3.16, and the post-Maven atlas in 3.17.

Or possibly the aspirational content, if you decide to focus on it for a league. I'm expecting this to be about as hard as Uber Atziri was at launch or maybe a little lower - something that's 'top 500 players' only early on, but that much wider layers of players start being able to handle as the content gets more widely understood.

Which with how fast information spreads these days will be by week 4 or so of the league.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
HcChArLie wrote:
"
loudpinks2000 wrote:
Less than 5 pages of replies after 4 teasers. Does not bode well for PoE. People don't even care enough to be upset apparently. That is not normal.

its just a hidden section, dont worry

Or maybe people actually left to never come back again?

My perspective: I have come back to standard after 2.5 months. Redone my totem hiero from Incursion to FR totem (metaslave, kekw). I have come back from MedianXL and Dragons Dogma - I cannot see shit, literally. Died today 3 times to being stuck in the siren spawns in T16 Mineral pools. Couldnt see them because of the -horrible texture/skill effect/texture size of them- combo. Even in Median, which I cannot play in HD (annoying d3dxglide.exe bug), that has more shits going on then POE solo play has (unless we are talking about cwdt loops), I could have seen more than here. I am physically unable to play POE anymore after quitting.
"
AbyssOfManus wrote:

Or maybe people actually left to never come back again?

My perspective: I have come back to standard after 2.5 months. Redone my totem hiero from Incursion to FR totem (metaslave, kekw). I have come back from MedianXL and Dragons Dogma - I cannot see shit, literally. Died today 3 times to being stuck in the siren spawns in T16 Mineral pools. Couldnt see them because of the -horrible texture/skill effect/texture size of them- combo. Even in Median, which I cannot play in HD (annoying d3dxglide.exe bug), that has more shits going on then POE solo play has (unless we are talking about cwdt loops), I could have seen more than here. I am physically unable to play POE anymore after quitting.

Don't worry bro, we're doing fine without you. Look at the posts on the frontpage with 40-80 pages of replies and tell me no one cares again.
Teasers means shit and nada. Too many Leagues played to know better then getting excited over this.
Thanks for the teasers GGG, so hyped! :D
It's nice to read about all these changes but for years I stopped playing more and more, so 90% of everything mentioned in each patch note only makes me go:
"I have no idea wtf that means".

Haven't killed any league end boss myself in 5 years.
Never been deeper than 100 delve.
Wtf does all of this mean? A million things meta micro items fragments to open dingdong shlingshlongs wtf bbq.... ??
Some thoughts:

- In my honest opinion, you should take a break from league development and just hammer out PoE 2. The delays with the sequel are forcing the players to endure a flurry of spread out, negative balancing adjustment - which, I believe are predicated on PoE II. Everything we've seen changed in the last two development cycles appears - to me at least - to be power down-scaling accounting for new items, acendancies and every skill being a 6-link. You're making the players focus on the negative adjustments for many months without the bonuses to even things out. All stick and no carrot is not working out well.

- Five layers of breach stones? I have not ran even a regular breachstone on my own since legacy league. I've never used on of the enhanced ones. Ever. I just sell them all. I make more currency from that, and none of my characters can clear them fast enough to reach the boss regardless. I suppose you always want to challenge the top players - and you no doubt make good money from the streamer videos. But from my perspective, it all just begins to descend into parody after a point. I'll buy one to fill the socket on my tab and never run it. It reminds me of my kids running around playing. "I've got a star laser sword!" "Well I've for a NEUTRON star laser sword!"

- PoE needs some stability. I mostly play standard, and even there I feel like the product is in a perpetual beta state. Specific balance changes don't typically bother me - as I stopped trying to make expensive/powerful characters - but the fact that the game swings so wildly is bothersome. Some stability would be a wonderful thing - I would appreciate that a lot. I might even bother to make a good character. But, in the current system, trying for "aspiration content" is a poor use of my time - as a character capable of reaching that is very likely to be downgraded. I mostly just flip things on the trade-site, as this is the most "rewarding" play-style. And I never have to worry about it not working properly one day.

It's a very odd system PoE has going.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Oct 11, 2021, 4:21:05 AM
with all this tough new content, people will sure appreciate having aurabots to help.

oh shite, we just obliterated aurabots....
Brilliant, thnx GGG for listening to us and giving us aspirational content. You rock!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info