[3.17] Shockwave Cyclone Build (Non-Crit Version) | Occultist | Archnemesis | Path of Exile 3.17

"
Raheer wrote:
hey guys,
what are you doing against spell damage? how can I be more tanky against them

Came here to ask the same. Please let me know if you got something that works.
So far I've removed one jewel slot and invested into Magebane and Reflexes as we can't evade attacks anyway.
Gives roughly 40% Spell Suppression and feels quite good.
Last edited by Forunke on Nov 9, 2021, 4:16:42 AM
"
Forunke wrote:
"
Raheer wrote:
hey guys,
what are you doing against spell damage? how can I be more tanky against them

Came here to ask the same. Please let me know if you got something that works.
So far I've removed one jewel slot and invested into Magebane and Reflexes as we can't evade attacks anyway.
Gives roughly 40% Spell Suppression and feels quite good.

I think scaling Str / Life is the best way to get tanky with this build. Sitting at 9,5k life with nearly 3k Str and with the LL we have it feels pretty safe even in scourges with 150 - 200 stacks (above 200 i try to avoid).

@Forunke: I think you are short-cutting the passive tree bottom left area where you have allocated the 30 int node. This shortens the path to your split personality jewel, so you might want to optimize that. As well a second split personality jewel is highly recommended.

"
Bernhart wrote:

@Forunke: I think you are short-cutting the passive tree bottom left area where you have allocated the 30 int node. This shortens the path to your split personality jewel, so you might want to optimize that. As well a second split personality jewel is highly recommended.

Yeah, I did that on purpose to get enough points for 1% Dmg per 16 Strenght Attack Mastery and my cluster jewel. Did some comparing with the top builds on poe.ninja and some had this route.

Also got an Elixir of the unbroken circle and Enfeeble on hit corruption on gloves which I feel boosted defense quite a bit.

Doing T15 Cemetery 100+ Quant, Beyond, Nemesis, Scourge over 200 Stacks and I really only die to some really bad map modifiers.

Also, does Stone Golem really do anything for the build? It's really dying a lot
Last edited by Forunke on Nov 11, 2021, 8:44:37 AM
Hi! Working on making a decent char with this build. What are our main options if I want more speed? Do I invest more into attack speed for leapslam, or something else for more "regular" movement speed?
Last edited by Avous on Nov 12, 2021, 4:17:28 PM
just put the build together and can not understand why OP is using

Damage on Full Life + Blood Rage ?!

My life sits just below full all the time. Am i missing something?
- End of line.
- Priority one.
Last edited by Sirens_of_Titan on Nov 13, 2021, 9:55:57 AM
"
just put the build together and can not understand why OP is using

Damage on Full Life + Blood Rage ?!

My life sits just below full all the time. Am i missing something?

They work together.
As long as your regen (and leach) is higher than the degen from Blood Rage, you are considered full hp. Your life showing a few hp lower than max is just a visual bug they haven't fixed in ages.

Edit: Another question: Why do we go Frigid Wake? I'm using Purity of Elements so I'm already ailment immune, and the 15% more cold damage doesn't help us. Is it simply for the chance to freeze nearby unique chilled enemies for 0.6 sec? Or is it something else I'm missing.
Last edited by Avous on Nov 13, 2021, 5:32:15 PM
"
Edit: Another question: Why do we go Frigid Wake? I'm using Purity of Elements so I'm already ailment immune, and the 15% more cold damage doesn't help us. Is it simply for the chance to freeze nearby unique chilled enemies for 0.6 sec? Or is it something else I'm missing.

- thx for answering my question

- Frigid Wake offers 2 things worth considering i suppose:

(1) Every 4 seconds, 33% chance to Freeze nearby Chilled Unique Enemies for 0.6 seconds - this effects bosses, does not(?) require an actual hit and does notrequire additional investment into ailment effect

(2) Nearby Chilled Enemies deal 10% reduced Damage with Hits - this is like a mini Fortify effect that effects all damage sources

My guess is that its a defensive choice as OP intends to make the build tanky without having to invest in otherdefensive layers (evasion, spell suppression, etc)

Layered with the increased duration on Immortal Call you should have a lot of global reduced dmg mitigation

Ur only other choices are Forbidden Power but we dont crit, and Vile Bastion which wont be useful unless you decide to go ES, and without Profane Blood to effect Hexproof mobs Malediction isnt that useful

Does that help...? (im considering it as i write this too lolz, did we miss something?)
- End of line.
- Priority one.
Last edited by Sirens_of_Titan on Nov 13, 2021, 8:32:44 PM
So! I am following this build and pretty close to be exactly like you are! The dammage output and viability is quite great.

Though I just happened to enter the hall of grandmaster and ended up facing enemies that only die when their energy shield is down. Chaos damage doesn't hit energy shield so how did you managed to get through this kind of enemies?
IM switching over to this build to try it out.. On the POB the skill tree as leveling option and then end game.. which are completely opposite. My questions is when am i suppose to switch over to the end game tree? im level 70 and i have all of the gear mentioned in the build
"
meandorph wrote:
So! I am following this build and pretty close to be exactly like you are! The dammage output and viability is quite great.

Though I just happened to enter the hall of grandmaster and ended up facing enemies that only die when their energy shield is down. Chaos damage doesn't hit energy shield so how did you managed to get through this kind of enemies?

Just don't play the map. Its not required for Atlas progression or Bonus objectives. It's just a "for fun" content which is fully exclusive to play.

This map requires usualy some special builds or at least knowledge of ccertain game mechanics / PVP mechanics:

- you can deal with exiles with huge life regen with frost bomb
- you can use culling strike to one-shot low life Exiles

My proposal is: just don't deal with this content at all its waste of time ^^.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info