Phys to cold conversion Magic Find - a Standard Guide [3.18]

Really cool guide, must've have taken centuries to gather all that experience!
Now updated for 3.16!
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
petrified blood hype!
great guide!

i have a question: what about raider as ascendancy?
"
Schwieger wrote:
great guide!

i have a question: what about raider as ascendancy?

Good question! I've seen a few people discussing it now and I'm wondering if it's viable. The main issue would be lack of additional frenzies on gear (given we'd likely use Onslaught on kill boots anyway). I think it's probably similar to PF in power (though you'd probably lose some slight EHP / flask effect) taking the frenzy nodes on the tree. I'll probably spin up a raider POB this league I think
I asked because i play Raider and i like the playstyle more than deadeye. Maybe it´s not the strongest of the 3 ascendancies. But for me it´s the best option. Thanks for the answer!
Last edited by Schwieger on Nov 8, 2021, 10:34:58 AM
If you didn’t want to use headhunter, and instead Mageblood, what do you suggest as far as flasks? Movement speed, all ele resists, attack speed, block/evasion..?? Or would something else be more optimal?
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
darciaz wrote:
If you didn’t want to use headhunter, and instead Mageblood, what do you suggest as far as flasks? Movement speed, all ele resists, attack speed, block/evasion..?? Or would something else be more optimal?

In Standard, if you have the currency, Mage Blood is not really the most sexy option. Simply because the full legacy unique flasks are way too strong.

If you really wanted to use it, I'd say you have to think about what you want out of your flasks as mageblood offers tons of options.

A staple is obviously enkindling all 4 utility flasks to 70% inc effect and then rolling 25% inc effect as a prefix on every one.
For general gameplay, one of the flasks should always be a legacy movement speed quicksilver obviously.
For the other three, you could go triple elemental (ruby, sapphire, topaz) flasks and cap your res through that alone, opening up many gear options. It also gives insane ele mitigation (since res flasks have the less damage taken implicit). As for Suffixes, you'd have many choices. Crafted Crit for damage, 17% Attack Speed for damage, 3% regen for Life sustain, getting curse immunity or filling out some ailment immunity via reduced effect, crafted rarity for more MF etc.
For bossing content and stuff where the movement speed doesn't matter, you could swap the quicksilver for a Diamond Flask which will give gigantic amounts of inc crit.
Which Suffixes are the most attractive depend on what you want. Full DPS or getting more defense?

The one Unique flask you still use can be any of the default ones: Vinktars for the Instant Leech, ToH for damage and tankyness, Dying Sun for better clear, Wise Oak (which should be balanced by default because your only res should be the 3 magic flasks) for damage and tankyness, Distillate if you use the petrified blood Setup for big MF and tankyness.

But all that said, legacy unique flasks are too stupidly strong in Standard to neglect. Especially the lineup for this build.
Also, if you go the triple ele flask setup then you obviously don't need res on Gear. But I'm not sure if there are attractive mirror tier options without res for every slot, so you might have to self craft a lot of stuff to be optimal.

Gotta say though, that a mageblood divined to 3 flasks with ruby topaz and sapphire + legacy ToH and legacy wise oak OR legacy distillate if you use the Petrified Blood Setup, is probably the most tanky option by far. Especially if you can get gear with some more phys taken as ele.
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 10, 2021, 4:28:54 PM
Guffins pretty much nailed the response. I would say of those options he presented I'd personally lean towards using it for legacy quicksilver and gold flask abuse, realistically HH is always going to be our BIS for Delirium mapping which somewhat relegates mageblood to our non-delirium gameplay. Personally once we get merge this league I'll be picking one up to test with non-deli gameplay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info