👻3.20👻 Kay's Summoner💥SRS Bomber💀Poison SRS💀Melee SRS🕷️Spiders💀Skeleton Mages

just a note for any players using fleshcrafter armour

do not put chaos res on anything for AG if you are adding it to your build as it will wipe out your AG causing you to lose all the gear on it.

i don't know if it's mentioned anywhere in the 680ish replies but i know it's mentioned now lol
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Hi there. I am new to POE, started playing with spectre>another spectre> kay's carrion golems + harpies build which i like a lot.

Currently i am running yellow (rare) maps and heists. The problem is that sometimes i got one shotted. It happens often specially in maps T11+ with lvl 77-79 mobs (10+ lower than me!), so it makes my way to 90ish levels nearly impossible. How can i fix it?

I have elemental res cap, ¬20%+ cr. Full pob is here:
https://pastebin.com/Z4hmUk0p
"
Rein1sh wrote:
Hi there. I am new to POE, started playing with spectre>another spectre> kay's carrion golems + harpies build which i like a lot.

Currently i am running yellow (rare) maps and heists. The problem is that sometimes i got one shotted. It happens often specially in maps T11+ with lvl 77-79 mobs (10+ lower than me!), so it makes my way to 90ish levels nearly impossible. How can i fix it?

I have elemental res cap, ¬20%+ cr. Full pob is here:
https://pastebin.com/Z4hmUk0p

I just check your PoB and there are a few things I noticed. I currently dont have the time to investigate this in detail, but I can summarize what I noticed real quick and you high likely will find a solution yourself.

NOTE: I would not see myself as an expert. All of the below is based on my research, own experiments and experience within this league where I respecced and changed gear quite often. It is very much possible that I misunderstood something or missed something way better.

1. This build is in general far from being extremely tanky. It may happen to get one shot if you stand in the wrong place or, and this is what most people miss or underestimate, you are running maps with a bad combination of modifiers.

2. You only have 31% phys. damage reduction. This is not totally bad, but especially since and in scourge, this is basically nothing. One way to increase this is Determination, or having Endurance Charges from Enduring Composure from a small Cluster Jewel. Or in best case both.

3. Your immortal does not have increased duration. As mentioned above you are missing Endurance Charges. Endurance Charges are consumed by immortal, increasing its duration and effect. Combining this with the increased duration support, makes it last quite long. If you do this, you will have 3 Endurance Charges again, after immortal call ends. So if you keep getting small hits at least every 10 seconds to trigger Enduring Composure, you can have this defense layer all the time. And getting small hits is almost 100% happening in PoE

Also this alternative version of cast when damage taken increases duration of Immortal Call:

4. Your block chance can be improved. One thing that is deadly is spells. You currently do not have any way to reduce or avoid spell damage. Your only reduction regarding spells are your ele resistance and immortal. But as said before you only have IC for around 1 (!) second. Get a shield with chance to block spell damage, craft block spell damage on armor, use Rumis Concoction, use mystic Bulwark from your passive tree and maybe take the Keystone Glancing Blows. This should increase your spell block chance (and normal block) to the cap (75%). Due to Glancing blows you do not fully avoid damage from spells this way, but you will drastically reduce this, which can turn a 1 shot into it only being a "heavy hit". Combine this with the things above and you can high likely take 2 hits, which would have killed you without this, without dying.

You can also have "Recover 5% life when you block" which is highly recommend
when doing the above. This basically reduces any damage your survive by 5% of your life.

E.g you get a 1k hit. Due to your high block, you block. Due to Glancing Blows you get 650 damage from the hit. You have 5k Life. So 5% is 250. You instantly recover 250 Damage, reducing the original 1k hit to 400.

An alternative for getting block chance can be using Bone instead of flesh offering. I personally did not do this, since the dps from Flesh offering is too high in my opinion to give it away.

5. Often you do not really get one-shot. In fact you get multiple hits which are so close together that you cannot tell if it was 1 or 2. The above already reduces this, but using Forbidden Taste with "Used when you take a savage hit" can also save your life in case of multiple damage instances too close together to react with a normal reaction time. NOTE: this requires your chaos resistance to basically be maxed out. There is an anointment which doubles your chaos res, so you only need to reach 38%. But even without this, it is possible to max chaos res, since you have enough sources for the other resistances.

6. Your total life pool is not that bad, but not extremely good either. I have basically all of the above listed defence layers and still rarely get one shot or close to 0 health. My current health pool is 6.3k. So that is something you can surely increase quite a bit as well. For example your amulet and ring does not have life at all. Or find a place in your tree for the Jewel "Anatomical Knowledge".

7. (rarely but sometime relevant) I recommend the Pantheon for reduced effect of shock or any other way to reduce shock effect. Shock can really hurt...

8. keep distance if you have no good reason to be close to a pack of monsters or a boss.

Hope at least one of this helps.

EDIT: somehow some item links got fucked. I will never understand these. Removed broken links and kept some in. But I think you will get what I mean anyways
Last edited by Hakairo on Nov 30, 2021, 10:22:55 AM
Big thank you dude, i will give it a try for sure.

Tbh i didn't even know what charges are. I rly though it is just some melee stuff.
"
Rein1sh wrote:
Big thank you dude, i will give it a try for sure.

Tbh i didn't even know what charges are. I rly though it is just some melee stuff.

Well yes, most of the time you have charges in melee builds. But there different ones. While 2 of them are mainly offensive, Endurance charges are defensive and therefore anyone benefit from them. Normally you have skills in melee builds which generate them or have any normal passives. But all that does not fit in our kit. This is where the small cluster Jewel helps us out. And as described above, we do not only benefit from the endurance charges themself, we also use it to make immortal call much stronger. So it is basically 1 cluster jewel which costs us only 3 passive points to MASSIVELY increase defense.
Hiya, been using Kays guides last league and again this. Great fun and really good info!

I have been trying out the 10k hps build but notice it dissapeared the other day. Does any one know if this is being worked on to update to 3.16?
weakest build i've ever played.
After few hours of testing i got something like that:
https://pastebin.com/RpeKL6uQ

Runs became much more smoother, sometimes something still can bury me, but that mostly happens in times of 0 FPS or chaos (i guess) big spells, at least i was able to see ones (from kind of Sirus ghost) on 14+ lvl maps. Gonna lvl up and make some cash for upgrades and figure out about maps modifiers.

Thanks again Hakairo
for the league starter tree, is there a reason why minion offence mastery in the enduring bond wheel is not taken?
Good time of day. Please tell me which ghosts to use in the build Tanky Poison Spiders - Occultist - Arakaali's Fang?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info