[3.18] 🍄 Sporeguard Incinerate Elementalist 🔥 3-10M Shaper DPS & Tanky 🔥 League Start To Endgame

Okay stupid question:
Would a build similar to yours also work with a CwC Firestorm? No particular reason, I just wanted to use both skills together but I'm REALLY bad at making my own builds...
"
Miek1337 wrote:
Okay stupid question:
Would a build similar to yours also work with a CwC Firestorm? No particular reason, I just wanted to use both skills together but I'm REALLY bad at making my own builds...

Not a stupid question. I personally wouldn't use Incinerate to support a CwC setup, but I know Volatile Dead has been coupled w/ it in the past. However it has been out of style for a couple years now -- so it probably drops off very hard somewhere (most likely single target scenarios). CwC w/ Firestorm sounds pretty clunky and low damage to me, and if you like Firestorm you're probably better off going self-cast.

If you're bad at making your own builds, I suggest you keep following build guides. Following guides shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. I think they teach you all sorts of game fundamentals, often help you from hitting unforeseen walls, and can help develop an inner sense of discipline as well. I'm also pretty bad at High-IQ character creation, so I'm often copying builds and enjoying learning from others while I play.

Take Care :)
Last edited by WarPig17 on Nov 10, 2021, 1:39:53 AM
"
WarPig17 wrote:
"
Miek1337 wrote:
Okay stupid question:

Not a stupid question. I personally wouldn't use Incinerate to support a CwC setup, but I know Volatile Dead has been coupled w/ it in the past. However it has been out of style for a couple years now -- so it probably drops off very hard somewhere (most likely single target scenarios). CwC w/ Firestorm sounds pretty clunky and low damage to me, and if you like Firestorm you're probably better off going self-cast.

If you're bad at making your own builds, I suggest you keep following build guides. Following guides shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. I think they teach you all sorts of game fundamentals, often help you from hitting unforeseen walls, and can help develop an inner sense of discipline as well. I'm also pretty bad at High-IQ character creation, so I'm often copying builds and enjoying learning from others while I play.

Thanks for the reply! I can see that it could struggle in single target scenarios, true. Maybe a version that focuses on ignites would work a bit better then?

Maybe I'll also just follow this build and play solo Incinerate since it looks really fun already :P
"
Miek1337 wrote:
"
WarPig17 wrote:
"
Miek1337 wrote:
Okay stupid question:

Thanks for the reply! I can see that it could struggle in single target scenarios, true. Maybe a version that focuses on ignites would work a bit better then?

Maybe I'll also just follow this build and play solo Incinerate since it looks really fun already :P

Sounds good :) I think you'll like Incinerate as a standalone skill. As I mentioned in the intro, I've (now) spent over 300 hours playing the build and am still enjoying it. It'll take you through Acts no problem and transitions well into Maps / Bosses on a budget. Enjoy the rest of your season & drop in with any questions you may have going forward. Cheers.
Hi, for 97 large cluster jewel, is 10% attack damage preferred on small nodes, or is there smth better?

edit: is cinderswallow urn still viable? if not what flasks to use?
Last edited by Geronimaa on Nov 11, 2021, 7:59:32 AM
"
Geronimaa wrote:
Hi, for 97 large cluster jewel, is 10% attack damage preferred on small nodes, or is there smth better?

Hello.

1) The Large Cluster(s) I suggest are made from bases that can roll Cremator -- this requires a jewel base w/ 12% increased fire damage on small nodes. A 10% attack damage base would be rolled for a melee class and we are not melee and our 'Projectile' tag on Incinerate does not make it a ranged attack either. Beside that any extra mods you get on small nodes are not super important, but can play a role when u need say a few extra stat points or mana regen, etc.

2) Yeah Cinderswallow is still great for mapping (provides damage + survivability), even post 3.15 nerfs. But if u needed to I could understand rotating it out for a utility flask that can roll ailment immunity, etc.

Hope that helps. Stay safe.
"
WarPig17 wrote:
"
Geronimaa wrote:

Hello.

1) The Large Cluster(s) I suggest are made from bases that can roll Cremator -- this requires a jewel base w/ 12% increased fire damage on small nodes. A 10% attack damage base would be rolled for a melee class and we are not melee and our 'Projectile' tag on Incinerate does not make it a ranged attack either. Beside that any extra mods you get on small nodes are not super important, but can play a role when u need say a few extra stat points or mana regen, etc.

2) Yeah Cinderswallow is still great for mapping (provides damage + survivability), even post 3.15 nerfs. But if u needed to I could understand rotating it out for a utility flask that can roll ailment immunity, etc.

thanks! forgot to mention it in previous comment but great guide and build nonetheless.

To add some more questions:
How do you keep manacost of incinerate low in endgame build with no -manacost to channeling?
How do you get better mana reserve efficiency? Atm I can use Zealotry, Herald of Ash and Dread Banner, but cant really use most spells, because 99% of my mana is reserved. I also have conqueror's efficiency
Also it seems the specific combo of cluster skills you use - Cremator, Widespread Destruction and Prismatic Heart are not really being sold, got alternative?

thanks!
Last edited by Geronimaa on Nov 11, 2021, 3:47:41 PM
"
Geronimaa wrote:
"
WarPig17 wrote:
"
Geronimaa wrote:

Hello.

thanks! forgot to mention it in previous comment but great guide and build nonetheless.

To add some more questions:
How do you keep manacost of incinerate low in endgame build with no -manacost to channeling?
How do you get better mana reserve efficiency? Atm I can use Zealotry, Herald of Ash and Dread Banner, but cant really use most spells, because 99% of my mana is reserved. I also have conqueror's efficiency
Also it seems the specific combo of cluster skills you use - Cremator, Widespread Destruction and Prismatic Heart are not really being sold, got alternative?

thanks!

1) I do have -3 mana cost to channeling on both my rings. Mana regen wasn't as much an issue in past leagues so I used to only run it on one ring, but now both is advisable. This might not be reflected in the POB's. Will double check.

2) HoA + Zealotry + Dread Banner should only take up 85% mana collectively -- why 99% of your mana is reserved I have no idea. Would have to check your POB, etc. to know for sure. Double check your links and make sure there aren't any support gems connected that are increasing their reservation costs. It's also possible ur trying to fit in a high level Vitality that cannot be supported.

3) Cremator is the most important thing. Even if u can only find a cheap 2-mod large cluster to start that has it, that's good enough. You can also craft a 3-mod yourself by snatching up some ilvl 75 jewel bases w/ 12% fire damage, and just go for it w/ trans, alts, regals, scours until u spike what u need. Ya there's some RnG involved but that's POE.

Think that covers it. LMK. GL.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Nov 11, 2021, 5:07:01 PM
Oi mate thanks for reply again.

1) I do have -3 mana cost to channeling on both my rings. Mana regen wasn't as much an issue in past leagues so I used to only run it on one ring, but now both is advisable. This might not be reflected in the POB's. Will double check.

Yea I didn't see this in the PoB, will update my build accordingly

2) HoA + Zealotry + Dread Banner should only take up 85% mana collectively -- why 99% of your mana is reserved I have no idea. Would have to check your POB, etc. to know for sure. Double check your links and make sure there aren't any support gems connected that are increasing their reservation costs. It's also possible ur trying to fit in a high level Vitality that cannot be supported.

Mb, Dread banner was linked to support gem.

3) Cremator is the most important thing. Even if u can only find a cheap 2-mod large cluster to start that has it, that's good enough. You can also craft a 3-mod yourself by snatching up some ilvl 75 jewel bases w/ 12% fire damage, and just go for it w/ trans, alts, regals, scours until u spike what u need. Ya there's some RnG involved but that's POE.

Managed to find the perfect cluster.

This prompted me to get mediums as well, are they necessary as is in the 97 PoB? aka master of fire+vile reinvigoration and enduring focus+unwavering focus?

I am also including my PoB as this might make stuff easier. https://pastebin.com/wg91XvBt

Thanks again in advance
Your POB looks good for the most part. A couple tweaks:

1) Take 3 points out of Practical Application at some point -- the resists are nice and all but the 'Avoid Interruption While Casting' does not apply to Channeling (welcome to the pedantic swamp of POE modifiers). You're better off going further to the right and picking up Avoidance + Stun Avoidance nodes once you drop Brine King pantheon & pickup medium clusters (which will cap our stun avoidance w/ Unwavering Focus), or just reinvest those points into masteries for the time being.

2) Take one point from the small node under Precision -- this is better off spent in a Mastery Wheel as well (life or whatever).

3) Get your 4th Lab done ASAP

4) Anoint your Amulet & Sporeguard

As far as medium clusters go you definitely want Unwavering Focus, Enduring Focus, and Master of Fire. If you can find a replacement for Vile Reinvigoration by all means do so, but there are not too many amazing options tbh.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Nov 11, 2021, 6:25:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info