[3.18] 🍄 Sporeguard Incinerate Elementalist 🔥 3-10M Shaper DPS & Tanky 🔥 League Start To Endgame

"
dragothica wrote:
Thanks for updating the Guide. I want to ask though, is Incinerate Elementalist (this build for example) viable in 3.16? I asked about this on Reddit and they told me that Incinerate is dead on the water as GGG removed all Channelling notables from the passive tree.

Reddit's Q&A thread isnt probably the most reliable source, but even still I checked the passive tree and Channelling nodes have definitely been removed, if they ever existed. They also told me on Reddit, that Incinerate would need some kind of expensive defensive setup like focus on ES (high end) to work.

I'm sorry if this seems like questioning your build but Incinerate is the only build I seem to be interested in this League and truly wish it would still be viable.

Hey thanks for the question(s). Happy to answer.

TBH Incinerate is pretty old-school and most people have considered it a 'dead-skill' for a long time anyhow (i.e. people dislike standing still to self-cast generally). However, I don't think this patch changed much of anything for the build itself and should be more than viable (as I implied in the Update Log). IDK what exact 'Channeling Nodes' you speak of, but we can still easily reach 100% stun-immunity while channeling/casting and our DPS according to POB hasn't changed at all. Our defenses are also relatively unchanged (unless I'm grossly misunderstanding the changes to blind, etc.) and I encourage you to read through all the Pros and Cons to assess the strengths/weaknesses of the build.

All the videos I posted are from 3.15 and are accurate reflections of what the build can achieve. Whether it will be able to do some/all of the new Uber content I have no idea, but it will get you into maps and endgame bossing on a budget and you can either stick with it or transition to something else w/ the currency you obtain w/ this build.

I wish you luck. Take care.

Edit: Have been testing in Standard on my Level 100. I ran some T16 maps and it performs exactly as before. I also killed A9 Maven no problem. This confirms that the build remains a solid choice.

I am presently rethinking the blind mechanic clusters (unfortunately it seems blind pretty useless for us now) and will update those in the L97 POB ASAP once I settle on good replacements. Not really a big issue as much of the testing & all the 3.15 videos were done without the blind mechanic and demonstrate the build is fine without it.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Oct 24, 2021, 12:56:52 PM
Instituted some major/minor changes to the following section(s):

JEWEL ANALYSIS -- Added New Level 97 Clusters

PATH(S) OF BUILDING -- Updated Level 97 POB Clusters

ANNOINTMENTS -- Swapped Soul Thief w/ Light Eater

GEM LINKS -- Updated Gem Suggestions & Swapped Out Life-on-Block Setup

Stay safe. GLHF.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Oct 24, 2021, 11:47:38 PM
I saw the guide and I knew, what I want to play this league.

Just a quick question:
Is it possible to merge fire burst into this build?

And what so you think about a chaos version with the blackflame ring?
"
Quatzler wrote:
I saw the guide and I knew, what I want to play this league.

Just a quick question:
Is it possible to merge fire burst into this build?

And what so you think about a chaos version with the blackflame ring?

Hey glad to hear it :) Hope you try it out.

I doubt Fire Burst & Incinerate have any synergy tbh. Trying to integrate FB would just deprive you of valuable support sockets -- you don't often run two major damage dealing skills at once in POE. As far as Blackflame (i.e. chaos conversion) is concerned it might work w/ Incinerate but I've put no thought or theory crafting into it.

LMK any questions you have on your journey. GLHF.

Edit: Confused Fire Burst for a skill gem -- apologies. Considering FB is a crafted mod on a rare staff, it probably wouldn't work for this build. Martyr of Innocence is sort of a core unique item here and IDK if the build would have enough power without it.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Oct 26, 2021, 4:04:17 PM
Hey man,

Just wanted to drop in, I was playing a failed firementalist build, and wanted to uninstall :D then I miraculously found your build over here, all pretty and well thought of.

I am currently using your lvl 100 build items, with lvl 92 skill tree, and I can tell you, the gameplay feels amazing and powerful! Thanks!
"
metaseven wrote:
Hey man,

Just wanted to drop in, I was playing a failed firementalist build, and wanted to uninstall :D then I miraculously found your build over here, all pretty and well thought of.

I am currently using your lvl 100 build items, with lvl 92 skill tree, and I can tell you, the gameplay feels amazing and powerful! Thanks!

Hey Seven,

Thanks so much for your post. It feels very satisfying to know some of you are out there trying the build and that it's not a disappointment. I realize what an absurd time investment this game can be and I'm glad this guide helped salvage your season.

If I may add your character looks very well constructed and I like how you've developed the non-cluster tree beyond 85 (though I would contemplate using Brine King pantheon until clusters to free up about 4-5 skill points you've used for avoiding channeling interruption -- up to you). Also I've rethought the riposte + life-gain link, swapping it out for stone golem + meat shield. Regen is a really strong mechanic this season and though you have to self-cast the golem, it really won't be dying all that much at gem level 20. Again, the choice is yours :)

Appreciate your words and continued luck to you this season.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Nov 4, 2021, 12:26:35 AM
I saw your last comment about getting rid of the riposte + LGOH, I was thinking the same thing. This would free up for me some room to change the curse CWDT to use hextouch to apply a higher level curse and let me put CWDT and cold snap on a 2nd CWDT.
Most of the stuff I have is what I had laying around in STD and what I could throw together so clusters and other jewels aren't complete but overall feels solid!
I'm assuming the infernal cry is essentially only for the benefit of the covered in ash (and to a minor degree the explosions)? For the most part this only really would be helpful on bossing, thinking something like vaal lightning trap would be better? (took some time off PoE though not sure if this skill got nerfed)
Last edited by wallstar on Nov 5, 2021, 3:31:48 PM
"
wallstar wrote:
I saw your last comment about getting rid of the riposte + LGOH, I was thinking the same thing. This would free up for me some room to change the curse CWDT to use hextouch to apply a higher level curse and let me put CWDT and cold snap on a 2nd CWDT.
Most of the stuff I have is what I had laying around in STD and what I could throw together so clusters and other jewels aren't complete but overall feels solid!
I'm assuming the infernal cry is essentially only for the benefit of the covered in ash (and to a minor degree the explosions)? For the most part this only really would be helpful on bossing, thinking something like vaal lightning trap would be better? (took some time off PoE though not sure if this skill got nerfed)

Hi wallstar,

Glad you're giving it a go. I like your thinking on hextouch -- that's a neat idea. Your gear/gem setup is definitely a bit different than mine but the build was meant to be flexible so I'm happy you're experimenting and enjoying it at the same time. I encourage you to stick with it and get the proper cluster setup & maybe a replacement for Dying Sun (not a bad defensive choice, but obviously something like Wise Oak is ideal here). Also I personally like automating all my utility flasks w/ 'Use Flask On Full Charges', but that's a quality of life thing & ultimately up to you.

Yes, IC is mostly there for the 'Cover in Ash' mechanic for bosses (linked w/ combustion to lower their resists further). However it is useful for screen clears if you swap out Combustion for Increased AOE while you map. Obviously Sporeguard is giving us explosions as well, but you have to be a bit more point-blank for Sporeguard to be completely effective by itself (and contaminate mechanic is on a 1s cooldown so its a little lackluster at a distance). As far as Vaal LT goes, the debuff it grants is nice and would surely give us a little more damage during boss fights, but frankly that's why we have Vaal RF. Certainly you could run both if u felt it was worth it, but at that point the build is getting very button-heavy and maintaining QoL is something I think is more important than the potential increase to our DPS.

Thanks again for your feedback. All the best.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Nov 5, 2021, 9:06:07 PM
hey loving the build guide! starting it currently. Would you please add path of exile trade links for all the items and clusters? maybe a medium and high tier for items as far as upgrades go!
"
hey loving the build guide! starting it currently. Would you please add path of exile trade links for all the items and clusters? maybe a medium and high tier for items as far as upgrades go!

Hi there. I'm glad the guide appeals to you and I hope you give the build a chance. I will certainly think about adding a section like that in the future, but I'm a little bit burned out presently and I honestly hate spending time on the trade site. I've either directly linked or listed everything you need for the build already at various tiers (see Leveling Guide, Endgame Gear Setup, Endgame Gear Analysis, Jewel Analysis, etc.), so hopefully you can figure that out for yourself when you have some time.

GLHF :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info