[3.17] Cheapbunny's Summon Reaper Build (Hit based + Bleed + Poison) + Animate Weapon

Hi , I've followed this build with 3.16 update , it was interesting to me because i wanted to do animate weapon this league and i also wanted to do reaper , then BAM you have them both :D
i still didn't reach high level but I can understand the mechanics , and i want to comment on few things >

first , as i noticed by replacing the cluster jewel in the POB with a 9 passive one include feasting feinds , rotten clows , call to the slaughter . and this cluster is very cheap about 5c - 10c , and then sacrifice some life nodes on the tree to add another similar cluster jewel with exact Cobalt and Virdian jewels , this will boost the damage alot

second , i think you need to adjust the POB link with true values , for example fix the Animate weapon count to 19 so it gives true damage , maybe also tweak "slaughter , frenzy " etc , i did some fixes and swapped the helmet with 9Ex one , "which you can craft using 5 or 6ex only"
https://pastebin.com/tUf2L6bg

Third , i have run a small research about if the unique gloves "Asenath gentle touch" is superior to animate weapon or not , Honestly i think both has the same effect , and equipping the Gentle touch gloves + using animate weapon = wont boost the clear speed , so in my mind this is as far as clearing goes "one of them is enough" and Animate weapon is slightly superior in clearing speed unless someone come up with a new idea

forth : Iam not an experienced player to tell if what iam about to say is viable or not ... but was thinking about using a ranged version of animate weapon with multiple projectile gem , and tweaking the Drop filter to show all ranged weapons dropping on map , so it can be Animated , and we can ditch blade fall and swap it with better cursing gem , do you think this is possible to achieve ?
and also check out the POB i provided and tell me if its legit
regards .
"
Mr_Snippy9 wrote:
Any thought on using a queen's hunger vaal regalia ?
Imo it could had a good layer of defence with flat HP+ES+ the offering that will cast on you and if you are lucky enough you can get some sweet minions line with the unveil.

didnt test that out yet cause well..... im broke and didnt even purchase the cold iron point but i believe it could be nice

I think it is good for early/mid game, but in my opinion +2 gem on chest is too good to give up.
"
MegaHD wrote:
first , as i noticed by replacing the cluster jewel in the POB with a 9 passive one include feasting feinds , rotten clows , call to the slaughter . and this cluster is very cheap about 5c - 10c , and then sacrifice some life nodes on the tree to add another similar cluster jewel with exact Cobalt and Virdian jewels , this will boost the damage alot

This is an option if you want to go more offensive, I am generally more defensive what making a build.

"
MegaHD wrote:

second , i think you need to adjust the POB link with true values , for example fix the Animate weapon count to 19 so it gives true damage , maybe also tweak "slaughter , frenzy " etc , i did some fixes and swapped the helmet with 9Ex one , "which you can craft using 5 or 6ex only"
https://pastebin.com/tUf2L6bg

I am not very good at POB, I just use it for passive skill tree planning. I dont normally test out my build dps in POB before I started playing, I just tweak my defense and offense along to reach a balance I like when I am playing the char.

"
MegaHD wrote:

Third , i have run a small research about if the unique gloves "Asenath gentle touch" is superior to animate weapon or not , Honestly i think both has the same effect , and equipping the Gentle touch gloves + using animate weapon = wont boost the clear speed , so in my mind this is as far as clearing goes "one of them is enough" and Animate weapon is slightly superior in clearing speed unless someone come up with a new idea

Animate weapon is poorman "Asenath gentle touch" =).

"
MegaHD wrote:

forth : Iam not an experienced player to tell if what iam about to say is viable or not ... but was thinking about using a ranged version of animate weapon with multiple projectile gem , and tweaking the Drop filter to show all ranged weapons dropping on map , so it can be Animated , and we can ditch blade fall and swap it with better cursing gem , do you think this is possible to achieve ?
and also check out the POB i provided and tell me if its legit
regards .

Ranged animate weapon could be fun to play, but I think it would not be pratical, since you wont have access to range weapon in some end game boss fight.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Oct 29, 2021, 9:19:06 AM
Why use animate weapon over skellies?
For a duo is it better to add an aurabot or a cursebot ?
Last edited by Tarmeneldur10 on Nov 2, 2021, 4:43:08 PM
Hi i've been having fun with this build recently, i have made some changes in it,

first - i am using Victario Charity with Necromatic Aegis perk, which i am pretty sure makes a huge difference on the reaper, i have removed Cold Iron Point completely.

second - i have noticed that you suggest using redemption annointment but we also have it in our tree, so it is basically useless, i personally prefer the Juggernaut for the defences.

@edit - just noticed that you are suggesting ravenous horde, my bad, i will look into it

third - i exchanged Plaguebringer perk for the Commander of Darkness, which i prefer since it makes it easier to cap resistances and i am pretty sure completely outperforms Plaguebringer dps wise

and lastly - i have removed offerings completely, for this i am unsure, i just dont like using them, feels bad. instead i am using immortal call linked with stone golem, CODT and feeding frenzy, and clarity + vitality with arrogance support, which help me with sustainability. i think Immortal Call works well with the golem since it makes us take less damage and helps the golem heal us.
Last edited by bbkk123 on Nov 3, 2021, 3:57:11 PM
"
GArchangel wrote:
Why use animate weapon over skellies?

Animate weapon clears map better imo.
"
Tarmeneldur10 wrote:
For a duo is it better to add an aurabot or a cursebot ?

I think aura is better for bossing, curse is better for mapping.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Nov 6, 2021, 1:16:39 PM
"
bbkk123 wrote:
Hi i've been having fun with this build recently, i have made some changes in it,

first - i am using Victario Charity with Necromatic Aegis perk, which i am pretty sure makes a huge difference on the reaper, i have removed Cold Iron Point completely.

I think victario would be much better for mapping but not so much for bossing. Because this build relies on Reaper's Ultimate attack to do most of the damage to boss, which has a cooldown. Hence I think the attack speed bonus from frenzy charge is not really helpful on bossing because of the cooldown, but i could be wrong.

"
third - i exchanged Plaguebringer perk for the Commander of Darkness, which i prefer since it makes it easier to cap resistances and i am pretty sure completely outperforms Plaguebringer dps wise

Indeed it is easier to cap minion resistance with Commander of Darkness, but dps wise should be similar. Plaguebringer provides more defense and clear speed compared to Commander of Darkness.

"
and lastly - i have removed offerings completely, for this i am unsure, i just dont like using them, feels bad. instead i am using immortal call linked with stone golem, CODT and feeding frenzy, and clarity + vitality with arrogance support, which help me with sustainability. i think Immortal Call works well with the golem since it makes us take less damage and helps the golem heal us.

I actually use the offerring to cap minion resistance and provide some dps at the same time. If you use Commander of Darkness, you wouldn't need the resistance from the offerring.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Nov 6, 2021, 1:26:56 PM
"
cheapbunny wrote:

I think victario would be much better for mapping but not so much for bossing. Because this build relies on Reaper's Ultimate attack to do most of the damage to boss, which has a cooldown. Hence I think the attack speed bonus from frenzy charge is not really helpful on bossing because of the cooldown, but i could be wrong.

i believe it matters because it also gives cast speed, which makes reaper hit with his ultimate really fast. First it makes him have less "spare time" in between slashes, second it makes him start auto attacking faster, which has a big difference on the dps (i have checked the calc for dps in POB and it said so, assuming it is correct only frenzy charges make bigger dps than Cold Iron Point). Also it buffs our animate weapons, which in my case are half of my dps ( since im still a bit lazy with my build and dont have a chest with +1 to gems)

For mapping and bosses with minions it also provides a nice crit bonus, but i dont really depend on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info