The Goodbye Thread

Bye. I don't regret spending money to support GGG. But this game isn't for me anymore.
Last edited by hacp on Aug 2, 2021, 7:04:41 PM
Honestly I’ve played 3.15 everyday till now. I managed to reach lvl 89 but now I’m totally disgusted and can’t see this game anymore. I can’t say the numbers of time I died (even in act1 I managed to rip!). In red maps I die right to the start at first mob (btw I haven’t drop not even 1 yellow map). Despite the ridicolous weakness, the damage I deal is low as well despite I managed to get empower lvl4 and 1 awakened lvl6. So I decided to end this league and go to standard and LOL. My summoner is parked. Can’t use skills due to the mana changes. Even if I invest in mana cost reduction, I will end mana too. If I remove 1 aura I will lose further damage and considering that I already felt my build slower in mapping in 3.14 due to continue nerfs, I won’t do anything. So, can’t do anything. Sadly I won’t log in anymore.
The first time I won't even bother getting past white maps.
Not even a Mirror would give me joy after such a poor league.

Keep nerfing damage.
Keep nerfing speed.
Keep nerfing mobility.
Keep nerfing rewards.
Keep nerfing "unintended" mechanics with skills.

300% increased rarity = scroll of wisdom turned into portal scrolls... what gives?

"
lukaspark wrote:
The first time I won't even bother getting past white maps.
Not even a Mirror would give me joy after such a poor league.

Keep nerfing damage.
Keep nerfing speed.
Keep nerfing mobility.
Keep nerfing rewards.
Keep nerfing "unintended" mechanics with skills.

300% increased rarity = scroll of wisdom turned into portal scrolls... what gives?

don't worry, currency items are not affected by rarity
Don't tell me to quit when I don't like this patch, I already did. More time to spend on the forums

[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/oywp00/oops_i_guess/[/url]
This by far is the best thing I have seen on reddit during this league.
Almost there. I loved supporting every league but not anymore, I won't support the way the game is going,
Haven't played/supported in over a year now and I feel tons better for it. The game became Path of Chores with all the micromanaging of migrated League content. Looking at the backlash from the streamer privilege of Ultimatums release and now how they completely broke support gems and mana multipliers it's clear that GGGs development team went batshit insane.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
In the past, I reached level 90 in every league in two days. This season, I reached level 80 in two weeks because the league is too boring. I won't recharge another penny in the game until it is changed to a version before 3.14
Last edited by BlackJokerd丶 on Aug 3, 2021, 11:38:43 AM
I think we are in day 11 now in this league. According to steamcharts, there are 53.000 POE players right now. Is that normal comparing to past leagues?
I posted this earlier today in a post, but it seems like this is the topic where I should have done it in:

Hi there, also old player and a used-to-be-GGG-supporter. Been here longer than this account. I remember I started when Dominus was end-game (pre-scion-release). Back then the game was actually hard, yet enjoyable. The community was small and great. There was a lot of communication from GGG and we actually had more fun together then nowadays.

All the years of game-progression made the game more casual and the playerbase grew exponential. Don't get me wrong, it was/is still a difficult game if you aren't able to read, refuse to read or don't use your brains to look things up. Even though the game became more casual I actually liked where the game was going. Each league I got excited, prepared builds, reading what others were going to do and planning with (in-game) friends. All of them are old players btw. Unfortunately many of them stopped or didn't want to play the league.

I wanted to experience myself what other people were talking/bitching about so I decided to create a character and take it really slow. Result so far: I am actually trying to enjoy it, but I just can't anymore. Even my OP builds in Standard are not enjoyable, even if I still destroy mobs. The league and Standard feel empty and boring for the first time in all these years + my friend-list it's pretty much empty. The few that are still playing told me that the league is "dead" already.(eeeek)

Maybe we need to get used to the changes. However... If GGG didn't want the game to go in the direction of pre-3.15/3.14 then why implement this "power" into the game years ago? Then again... When you look at it from an economically perspective it was the best way to get a larger playerbase. Now saying that this is not their vision is just an extremely weird excuse to me. If you don't want something to happen, why implement it in the first place? Maybe it was only meant to get more people in and make more money so they are able to do what they eventually want. Do I smell a trap here??? XDXD (I'm just speculating here.)

This game is not made for a handful of players that think that the game should go the way they like. Everything has consequences! Unfortunately this is something most people lack to understand and can't see, or simply refuse to do. I read many posts of people that loved the patchnotes and the gameplay the first week, but now whining about issues they ran against and blaming other builds for example. They refuse to recognize that the patch caused a huge drop in the playerbase, refusing to recognize that the game is slower, yet expecting the same results pre-patch.

@Tainted_Fate : I love the idea of a 3.13 private league! I'm pretty sure I would stay there for the rest of my game-life XD.
(I'm old, so that wouldn't take too long XDXD)

It's great that GGG has a different "vision" (for whatever that even means), but I am one of the many that enjoys the power-creep, dumping many exalts in a build so I can destroy mobs, spending many hours of research, etc, etc. and that won't change. I have a feeling however that this "vision" of GGG will kill the playerbase, but only time will tell, I can't.

For now I'll take a step back from the game and see what the future brings. Obviously I'll keep an eye on the forum since I'm not a big fan of Reddit.

GL to you all, enjoy whatever you do/like and don't let others tell you what you're suppose to like nor to do. ;)
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

But it was the closest this game ever got to actually having chase items since 2.0.

harvest items were RUNE WORDS people, rune words and good all rounder unique items from d2 like jalal's, the occulus, Herald of the zakarum. Those items DONT DROP in Path of exile. but at least we could make them for 2 leagues. (3.11 3.13).

GGG your game HAS NO CHASE ITEMS. ZERO . NONE . NOTHING. YOUR END GAME CHASE IS A NOTHING BURGER OF DEPRESSION.

I am not gona play a game with nothing to chase.

Harvest may have offered power that was fun to chase, but it made the problem of trivialized drops even worse. The scientist in me is very curious to see a deterministic crafting environment that would let players slowly earn gear upgrades, but those upgrades were capped below BiS gear. I hypothesize that reviews wouldn't be good - because what players really liked was the ending point of power, not the steady progress towards it. Or perhaps both in equal measure might be more fair to say. I think taking away the former will leave the latter feeling hollow to many of Harvest's most vocal proponents.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info