[3.17] Devon's Manabond Lord | MoM | Self cast | Endgame Viable

Hey i play Manabond aswell and run into a problem. We can't use Archmage cause of the Arcane tag on Manabond. Do you have any suggestion how to scale without it? The damage is really underwhelming till now and the support skill nerfs really screw us in alternatives.
"
Hey i play Manabond aswell and run into a problem. We can't use Archmage cause of the Arcane tag on Manabond. Do you have any suggestion how to scale without it? The damage is really underwhelming till now and the support skill nerfs really screw us in alternatives.

I don't think Manabond can be used early on, as its base damage are terrible without a huge mana pool. I'm planning on transitionning around lvl 50, when I hit enough mana to sustain MoM and provide decent added damage to Manabond. Not sure whether it's yet too early or OK though.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"

I don't think Manabond can be used early on, as its base damage are terrible without a huge mana pool. I'm planning on transitionning around lvl 50, when I hit enough mana to sustain MoM and provide decent added damage to Manabond. Not sure whether it's yet too early or OK though.

Yeah maybe i'll just switch to Arc with Archmage in the meantime.
Hey guys, just got back and will start updating this one steadily. I updated the guide for act 1 and will be posting my gear at the end of every day. If I change something on the tree I'll update that as well. So far so good with Manabond (act1 complete).
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
(Edit: I don't strictly follow the guide, but it's a similar base setup)

I just got to Act 7 with a 4-link with archmage in it because i didn't know it doesnt work with arcane skills. So actually a 3-link (manabond - controlled destruction - unleash)

Damage was fine for me, all the way from the beginning. Arcane cloak is a good way to boost damage and defense instantly.
For tougher mobs and bosses I use sigil of power and wave of conviction with conductivity on hextouch. Rares sometimes get killed with a single unleash.

I invested heavily into mana (almost 2k now, no reservation) for damage scaling. Survivability is bad but getting better.

Gameplay with this setup is tricky, because there's lots of buffs to manage and skills to rotate, but it's a lot of fun for me and it really packs a punch when on low mana.

Essence worm seems decent so you can run an aura without compromising damage.
Last edited by Xiooo on Jul 24, 2021, 7:19:52 PM
Hi everypeoples.
Thanks for your work on the build, it seems like one of the moreinteresting ones for buildcrafting for me as well.

How about agnostic + petrified blood combo?
We are eligible for high life regen and insane life regen with agnostic on; we become eligible for Pain Attunement, we get a little window to survive otherwise oneshots, and we get constant mana drain since agnostics keeps trying to heal out our PB reservation in vain. Ontop of everything, you now have a perfect excuse to wear one or two auras on life reservation.

I guess i wasn't the only one who thought of just using manastorm shield for dumps, at least on the weaponswap, but the path described above seems interesting to try out.
whooo
Last edited by eatmyvoid on Jul 24, 2021, 8:10:47 PM
Just wanted to give my two cents:

Level 70 in SSF just reached maps. Leveling was alright. Not the fastest but not the slowest.

Early mapping has been pretty shit. Damage is just not there when your on full mana. Even with 4 unleash stacks I sometimes dont oneshot normal mobs (especially expedition mobs). Being on a 4-link doesn't help but the base damage of the skill just feels to low. Bossing damage is alright with arcane cloak and draining most of my 3.5k mana pool at the moment.

The survivability is another mayor problem. I have 7k EHP (3k hp +40% MoM, 2k ES) and i get randomly one-shot pretty often. In tier 1-3 alted maps. Just having an insane amount of EHP just doesnt seem to be enough anymore. You need some mitigation from somewhere.

Besides that I just don't think this spell has enough end-game damage. If you add 2k lightning damage to spells in your build you hit 1.2m damage shocknova damage (which is more like 1m for manabond since it has a slower cast speed then shocknova). Unleash roughly doubles it to 2M. For how much investment this requires 2M seems low.

Btw you can use arcanist brand and link your single target spells (wave, mark, sigil of power) to it and it will cast them for you 1 by 1. Much easier then casting them all by yourself

Made it to maps after a few hiccups in the leveling process.

With a few gear alterations, my power and safety have magnified considerably.

Now that I can see dps in pob, it says I'm doing over 100k, though I am presuming that is with all cylinders firing with manabond + arcane cloak + sigil of power. Just doing a normal skill use is certainly not that potent.

Automating frequently used skills via arcanist brand was definitely the right call. Very on brand solution for a hierophant too.

It definitely is not a zoomy build, quite the opposite, but it gets the job done well enough. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.
Hey guys wanted to give my input now as well, since I made it to maps. Did up to T5 maps so I feel it's a good time to post some thoughts.

I gotta say it decimates bosses on a 5L. The playstyle seems slightly wonky at first but you get used to casting your sigil of power + arcane cloak and then just Nuking the shit out of anything. The clear is also decent but it evidently is slower than your Zoomy builds.

The only current downside seems to be Survivability as I've died a total of ~10 times by now but that was mostly due to freezes which I fixed with a flask now (check under gear) and the other deaths are due to stuns which I'm gonna have to wait for Skyforth. I'm thinking about Chaos damage as well but I think I'm just gonna try and hit a 0% resistance on Chaos (possibly with the help of a good Amethyst ring that was recently buffed).

If I will feel that Survivability will be an issue I'll most likely go for the Cloak of Defiance to get to the point where your HP would effectively be doubled.

Also updated some stuff in the guide and will cont to do so.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Hey, love the guide and currently leveling it. I was curious on your opinion on using Atziri's Foible in the amulet slot as it seems like it would be perfect for this type of build as it gives a lot of mana and mana regen.

Edit: I Just realized in the PoB, the Atziri's Foible was chosen for the amulet slot. I pretty happy I got it to drop now knowing that
Last edited by YKnott on Jul 28, 2021, 3:37:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info