[3.17] Devon's Manabond Lord | MoM | Self cast | Endgame Viable

My atlas tree: https://bit.ly/3sdPgkB

3.17 Update Changes
------------------------------------------
"Manabond: Now deals 7 to 39 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 263 to 1488 at gem level 20 (previously 157 to 892). Now deals base Lightning Damage equal to 25% of missing Unreserved Mana at gem level 1 (previously 15%), up to 44% at gem level 20 (previously 34%). Now has 160% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 100%)."
29% more damage overall. (Not counting effectivnes of added damage, so probably even more)

"Unleash Support: Supported Skills now deal 50% less Damage when Reoccurring at gem level 1 (previously 30%), and 41% less at gem level 20 (previously 21%)."
25% less damage for Gems that used Unleash. (So we drop Unleash)

"Added a new Strength/Intelligence Support gem - Divine Blessing: Converts supported Aura Skills into temporary Blessings with increased effect, changing their Reservation to a one-time cost. You will only be able to benefit from one Blessing at a time. This gem cannot convert Banner Skills."
Blessings are now a thing. This build will utilize them.

Pledge of Hands Setup(New): This setup is now the primary setup as I believe it will be stronger.
Agnerod Setup (Old): Changed the Sanctuary of Thought to Conviction of Power Ascendancy (more damage and easier way to get less mana).

Conclusion: More damage for the Pledge of Hands setup but same damage for the old Agnerod setup.
------------------------------------------

Pros
+ uses the new stuff! (Manabond)
+ decent Boss damage
+ decent Map clear
+ decent survivability
+ cheap to build

Cons
- a number of actively used skills: 1x (Manabond) and 3x semi-actively used skills (Sigil of Power, Arcane Cloak and Wave of conviction)
- relies on Arcane Cloak/Sigil of Power for damage and survivability
- iffy starter (needs Skyforth)

THE BUILD

How does it work?

It uses the new skill Manabond that greatly depends on how much mana you have and how you use your mana.

The more mana is spent ---> More damage you have
The less mana is spent ---> More AoE you have
The skill gives you Lightning damage per point of mana you are missing and if your mana is full then applies it to increased AoE.

Before a tough Enemy fight, cast Sigil of Power and then Arcane Cloak for an immense amount of damage and survivability boost. Cast WoC every 4s to lower the enemy Lightning resistance.

Hierophant because:
- Mega mana
- Leech life from spells
- Better Mind over matter
- Adds extra ES depending on your Mana
- Reduced duration of Elemental Ailments
- Better and permanent arcane surge

Went for critical strikes since the skill has a decent base crit of 6% and seems to have decent overall scaling.

The skill uses a lot of mana which we will have 10k+ of and 1.5k regen.

The build reserves 0% of mana or life (will consider reserving some Life if I see that mana and ES will be enough, could use Pain attunement then).

The reason for Agnerod West is because of it's excellent Lightning skill stats and because it also buffs our Arcane cloak and Sigil of Power no matter where they are socketed.

GIFs and Videos (3.15)

Sirus A5

Path of Building - Pastabin

COMMUNITY FORK
1] https://pobb.in/yMX472QiJ6KJ (3.17, updated 07.02.2022)

NOTE: I am not currently playing this build
- no longer using the Agnerod Unleash setup (because they gutted Unleash like a fish)
- using Pledge of hands self-cast method now
- reworked the tree a LOT
- changed the curse on hit ring to Opal ring (since you just cast a mark at the start of a fight and you're good)

Use this as much as you can, everything is inside. Has all leveling trees (and even the old setup inside). Here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I wanna have and what you should aim for.

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
- prioritize Life + Mana and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with move speed, life and some resistances
- remember to keep looking for links and spell damage on wands
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it

Guide:

Spoiler
ACT 1

Add another Sceptre for the added elemental damage (and dual wielding buff) and equip Molten strike. Alternatively you can use Wands/Sceptres and go for Lightning tendrils.

Main skill: Manabond + Holy Flame totem + Added Lightning damage

Movement skill: Frostblink ---> Flame Dash + Arcane Surge (lvl1)

Auras: None (don't use Clarity, but take one at lvl1, you will need for later)

Additional skills: None

ACT 2

Main skill: Manabond + Concentrated Effect + Added Lightning damage

Movement skill: Flame Dash + Arcane Surge (lvl1)

Auras: None (don't use Clarity, but take one at lvl1, you will need for later)

Additional skills: Arcane Cloak

ACT 3

Main skill: Manabond + Increased Critical strikes + Increased Critical Damage + Lightning Penetration

Auras: (Clarity lvl1)

ACT 4

Main skill: Manabond + Increased Critical strikes + Increased Critical Damage + Lightning Penetration

Auras: (Clarity lvl1)

After killing Malachai, pick up Unleash and Sigil of Power from the rewards.

Passive Tree, Ascendancy, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree (PoE Planner)

Ascendancy

1.) Divine Guidance
2.) Sanctuary of Thought
3.) Arcane Blessing
4.) Illuminated Devotion

Bandits

Alira - recommended

Alira - everything she does is great for us (nice)

Pantheon

Early game: Brine King + Yugul

Stun resistance on the Brine King pantheon until you get Skyforth.
Yugul for Curse resistance.

Endgame: Lunaris + Yugul

Lunaris gives the most survivability.
Yugul for Curse resistance.

All Links

Staff (7L) = Manabond(21/20) + Spell Echo (A) + Faster Casting + Lightning Penetration (A) + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased Critical Damage

Gear

Early leveling gear
Spoiler

My Gear
Spoiler
Outdated gear, check PoB for Updated setup.

Flasks
Spoiler

Anointment:

BiS:
Heart of the Warrior - +10 Str and a LOT of Life (life on this build counts as double since 50% of damage taken goes to mana)

Most Damage:
Marked for Death - a lot of damage and you don't have to worry about culling a boss with a flame dash, with this, everything will Cull

Honorable mentions:
Mark the Prey - if you want singular Chunky hits (great with Unleash).

My personal current achievements with the build:

[3.15 - Expedition]

- Lvl91
- killed 20 Conquerors
- killed Sirus
- 12 challenges

Check out what I'm playing this league and other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Feb 7, 2022, 3:34:54 PM
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2022, 1:52:16 PM
Reserved.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Looks really cool!

I will be following you around and maybe give some updates on it aswell!

Manabond squad !
Spun a wheel for which new skill to leaguestart, and Manabond was what it gave me.

I look forward to seeing how this guide develops against my own findings and the findings of others!
Gonna league start with this build. Waiting for updates.
Hey just so you know guys I'll be lagging slightly behind because:

1) it's very late where I'm from and I'll probably go to sleep soon
2) I'm gonna have to be afk for most of tomorrow

But after that I'm all free and start updating the build. Most likely others will start sooner so feel free to share your findings below here. I'll try to start up as soon as possible.
Due tu my Internet being terrible, I won't play actively these first 2 weeks, so I'll try and compensate with some discussing here !

I tried to theorycraft this as well, but I went much more defensive than you did; here is my PoB, for comparison. https://pastebin.com/Y5dUZ4Di
My thoughts:

- I feel only 40% MoM and 3,3k life (which means 5,5k life + MoM so around 10k ehp total) might be not enough for some tanking. So I run Cloak of Defiance over Kaom's Heart, no Healthy Mind, and regular boots with life and mana over Skyforth. That, plus Doryani's Glorious Vanity, so MoM is constantly used and helps to keep low mana for maximum damage.

- I slotted in Vitality for some life regen, and lvl 1 Clarity for Watcher's Eye (all mods being incredibly strong).

- Duskdawn looks awesome, but probably unaffordable early on, and Pledge of Hands may be necessary to maintain low mana ! As for high-end rare staves, I don't think gem level will matter most, as is *seems* Manabond's "added lightning damage equal to x% of missing mana" scales at most +1% per level. A flat +200 mana should be better than your +5lvl staff

- Doedre's Malevolence helps unleashing more often, but I'm not sure rare gloves aren't better all-rounders.

- Wave of Conviction can be CWDT, if need be. Holy Flame Totem offers life regen and curse immunity (better than flasking), it hsould be considered imho.

My theorycraft gear is reasonnably stat'd except rare staff and jewels, I think; all can be rolled with basic essence crafting and benchcrafting resists.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
I feel only 40% MoM and 3,3k life (which means 5,5k life + MoM so around 10k ehp total) might be not enough for some tanking. So I run Cloak of Defiance over Kaom's Heart, no Healthy Mind, and regular boots with life and mana over Skyforth. That, plus Doryani's Glorious Vanity, so MoM is constantly used and helps to keep low mana for maximum damage.

- I slotted in Vitality for some life regen, and lvl 1 Clarity for Watcher's Eye (all mods being incredibly strong).
I'm using a lot of ES. Also not sure how or when I removed clarity but it definktely needs to be in there for the Watchers eye.
"
devon752 wrote:
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
I feel only 40% MoM and 3,3k life (which means 5,5k life + MoM so around 10k ehp total) might be not enough for some tanking. So I run Cloak of Defiance over Kaom's Heart, no Healthy Mind, and regular boots with life and mana over Skyforth. That, plus Doryani's Glorious Vanity, so MoM is constantly used and helps to keep low mana for maximum damage.

I'm using a lot of ES. Also not sure how or when I removed clarity but it definktely needs to be in there for the Watchers eye.

3,3K life, 40% MoM so 5,5k from extended life, plus around 4,5k ES, so a bit more than 10k ehp, not counting Arcane Cloak. It is quite something already, but with not many extra layers, it may not suffice in some cases. My version hits 4,6k life and 60% MoM, which means 11,5k extended life, plus around 5,5k ES, totalling 17k eHP w/o Arcane Cloak.
Of course this comes with a price, ie a bit less damage per hit and lower cast speed. I just suggest another, more defensive route. Maybe I went too much into defense, but it should be considered imho.
Atm im putting this build on pause, trying to figure out the dmg early game, since were regening to much mana to dump, will give it a go later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info