Stress-Free PoE |RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR: No Required Items, 1-Button Play, SSF League Start-End| 3.15

Sweet. Guide's done. Except for making it look nicer. But all the content is in. Happy reading!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Alright, everyone! Thanks for your patience. I worked as fast as life would let me. But, as everything in life is more important than PoE, I could only squeeze in the work when it was appropriate. So, the guide is all up to date with the exception of making it look nicer so all of the info you're looking for should be found within. I'll obviously answer all your questions as you've had to wait so long already.

Again, thank you for your patience. And thanks to everyone who was responding to others so kindly :).

"
Splutty wrote:
Spoiler
Your title is the same one as the other Incinerator one, instead of for RF :D

So apparently it just lists this one... Twice...
Hey Splutty! What other one? Is it fixed now? I don't see any duplicate titles anywhere. Can you help me out?

"
BlueTWolf101 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey! I am new and am following this build. Where should I go first? Start by going up or down after that fork on the skill tree.
Hey BlueTWolf101! Wow! Starting with RF and being new! Nice! Good luck! In regards to the passive tree, fill out the South branches first. Then start heading North without skipping any nodes along the way.

"
elaphros wrote:
Spoiler
Do you have a POB pastebin link for the build?
You betcha elaphros! It's in the Passive Tree section along with the Media section.

"
Moregaze wrote:
Spoiler
Would really like to know if this guide is changing, seems most of the things that you have linked to Cast on Damage Taken no longer can link to that gem.
Hey Moregaze! CwDT links show their value as you get deeper into the game. The more damage monsters do, the more damage you'll take. CwDT gems aren't going to show their worth with the weak campaign enemies. Just wait until T16s. I'll have an example video out a day or two after PoE is out on console. Then you'll be able to see all the mechanics working in real-time late-game.

"
Ravencraft wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the great guide.

I've been slowly progressing (first using molten strike and then switching to incinerate) and am currently in act 5.

At what point am I supposed to be able to fully self-sustain RF?

Currently, I can keep it up but only if I'm very carefully managing my life flasks and warcry.

Any advice? What can I do to make it easier to sustain? I've never played RF before.
Hey Ravencraft! Thanks for your kind words! Sorry the levelling section wasn't out for launch. You're close to RF not being a hassle :). By the mid-40s you should be able to keep it up with some minor effort. By the mid-50s, especially after your second ascension, you should be able to sustain RF care-free. At the bottom of the Levelling section of the guide I have a list of what to sustain RF without requiring gear.

"
Vrotappel wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks very much for the build.

What is the recommended order for the ascendancies?
Hey Vrotappel! I see the answer was already provided to you which is great. Thanks LibraExAnima! I have the Ascendancies in the Passive Tree area but I have them in a "drop-down-spoiler" so that the section doesn't look too big. Sometimes people miss it so don't worry at all :). Ask anything you like. It's better to be sure.

"
Crazyon wrote:
Spoiler
Would it be possible to swap incinerate out with scorching ray or would that not properly work?
Hey Crazyon! I've updated in the gem section why I've chosen Incinerate. But the gist of it is, I chose it because I wanted to leech
(along with regen) and I wanted a channelling skill. If you choose to go to a DOT skill instead, you'll have to change the spells linked to the low-level CwDT and likely add Elemental Equilibrium.

"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Spoiler
Good stuff
Hey LibraExAnima! You're welcome to make any changes you like. I've updated the guide and put in a lengthy section as to why I prefer Incinerate. So at least some of your questions can be answered. In terms of the changes, that'd be up to you. Sorry, Incinerate doesn't seem to be your thing. I found it really efficient while mapping in 3.14.

"
Gardneramw wrote:
Spoiler
pretty interested in an update, have no idea how to transition into RF, and do 0 dmg right now at about 35 trying to use ground slam
Hey Gardneramw! The update is out and the levelling section is detailed for you. Set your expectation to sustain RF with help in the mid-40s and with almost no effort after your second ascension.

Spoiler
"
adamjford wrote:
"
njatlas wrote:
First, thank you for all the builds. I have medical troubles that make normal play very difficult so I need a one or two button play style if I want to play for any length of time.

Second, how do you prefer to level this guy? What do you do at early levels to get a playstyle that is comfortable?

No idea if this is "optimal" or whatever, but I personally ran with Molten Strike until I hit the Library, then I switched to a caster weapon and Incinerate. It's a little slow versus bosses but I'm also virtually unkillable, so I'm fine with that. Can't sustain RF yet, so I'm going to try again around 50 like suggested earlier in the thread.
Great answer adamjford! Hey njatlas! Ya, the first few acts are rough. The levelling section can give you more detail but it's slow until you ascend. Then life is amazing after your second ascension. By the mid-40s you can play with RF with some effort, while the mid-50s is a breeze. I use Holy Flame Totem and Fireball while levelling until I got Incinerate.

Also, thanks for your kind words. I'm sorry for your medical troubles and I'm happy that you were able to find something that helps you enjoy the game. I know what's it's like to love a game and not be able to play it or do anything about it. Hopefully, this works out for you. And please, if you want, let me know if you have any suggestions.

"
Moregaze wrote:
Spoiler
Wanted to start this off with: Love the build and thanks for taking the time to share it. Just so the following seems less combative or critical. I am terrible at inferring tone in text.

I really feel you should go back and add caps to the second Cast on Damage taken. As it stands following your guide by the time you hit maps the curse will rarely proc. Much less your entire mana pool will be gone if you are not rocking the 5-6 link to switch to using health for Incinerate. I am going to start leveling a second set to see what I can make work at around 3k health at lvl 79.
Hey again Moregaze! Sorry it took so long to respond. I appreciate the kind words you started with. You're not alone in text tone. We all do it. Thanks for being so kind.

So, the mana stuff is theoretical as I hadn't played 3.15 prior. But, no matter the cost, we want Stone Golems, and Immortal Call at full gem levels. They are SO much stronger levelled up. Curses aren't as valuable levelled up. So that could be put on a lower CwDT for sure (it has been in the past) but there wasn't anywhere else to put it.

In terms of Lifetap, I should put in the guide to prioritize that gem. If you start using Lifetap do you find the play improves?

"
Spoiler
Hello,

I am quite new to PoE (this is just my second season). Last season I played Dominating Blow Guardian and it was fun and now I am trying this build.

I have searched online for other similar builds and it seems most other Righteous Fire builds are using Scorching Ray instead of Incinerate.

Could you please explain why Incinerate is better for this kind of build? Can I play this build with either Incinerate or Scorching Ray? Most people online say Incinerate is a bad skill and not to use it but they never explain why.

Do you think Animate Guardian would be useful for this build. If yes, what kind of items for the Guardian would be good here?

Thank you!
Hey furrypurpledinosaur! You're quite thorough for a new player! Nice work! Ya, to take advantage of RF's DOT investment in secondary skills makes tons of sense, which is why everyone does it. I've updated the guide with a nice list that explains why I chose not to use Elemental Equilibrium and another DOT skill. The condensed version is, I wanted a build that leeched, channelled, and encouraged me to keep enemies within RF's radius. So this is more of a Defence first build.

And in regards to Animate Guardian, as someone else mentioned, only invest in Animate Guardian if you've invested in their survivability. Unfortunately, we don't have space to invest in anything to keep the AG alive. I wish though. (Animate Guardian loses its equipped items permanently upon death. They can't be picked back up. They're deleted. (It doesn't say that on the gem.))

Awesome. Thanks to everyone who responded so kindly to those asking questions. That was great to see! And thank you to everyone, again, for your patience. Whether you posted or not, the guide should (I hope) have all the answers you need. But please feel free to ask anything you like. I'll do what I can to help.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
in the "ways to get gems" you forgot the faster casting gem?

I'm following this guide, as a beginner. I'll let you know how it turns out when I stop!
Hi !!

As mentioned, I had tore down the RF Golem witch 3.14 and re-speced her into the Bone Zombie 3.15 in Standard League (Yeah, I'm not the must go league type).

This RI Marauder is level48 now and I have just fitted her with the designed skills. I kind of miss the RF Golem to be honest. But then again, I have yet experience the potential of this RI design so I'm gonna continue on!

My questions are:

1/ Do you think the RF Golem witch 3.14 guide is still applicable in 3.15?

2/ And if not, is possible to RF Golem this Marauder by switching gears, so that I can enjoy both playstyle?

I'm only 1 league (and about 300hrs) into the game, so forgive me for not speaking POE. XD.

Cheers. o7

- update -
Ok. Forget my earlier nonsense. I'm starting to understand the playstyle now. It still the same. Run! =) the area of RF is much smaller.
Last edited by Endorphins82 on Jul 27, 2021, 8:56:51 AM
Hey,

i tried your build but i keep dying from basically anything instantly. I am able to sustain RF though... Dont know whats going wrong.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lRedox/characters
The Char UnrigteousFire

Maybe you can have a look at it and tell me what im doing wrong?

Also yes i am constantly on 5 endurance charges :/
I am having trouble killing minions from expedition with Fire Resist. It has happened several times that minions popped out that I dealt 0 damage to even with cursing them with Flammable.

No idea what I am doing wrong, I need to figure out some way to kill fire resistant minions.

Should I include some secondary non Fire based gem as a backup? I will keep trying with the Flammable curse maybe I just wasn't casting it properly and missing the mobs.

Here is my character, please don't laugh at my crap items, I don't have any currency so just using whatever I have found: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/furrypurpledinosaur/characters

Can you see any big issue there? Flammable should work right? Should I get a ring with Flammable trigger perhaps?
Last edited by furrypurpledinosaur on Jul 27, 2021, 10:56:10 AM
"
lRedox wrote:
Hey,

i tried your build but i keep dying from basically anything instantly. I am able to sustain RF though... Dont know whats going wrong.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lRedox/characters
The Char UnrigteousFire

Maybe you can have a look at it and tell me what im doing wrong?

Also yes i am constantly on 5 endurance charges :/

I'm no expert but it sounds like you have too much degen. Degen from RF and lifetap Incinerate (which takes 3x as much health as mana due to lifetap). I suggest a Rise Of The Phoenix shield for that sweet 5% max fire resist. Saffell's Frame shield isn't bad either for 4% max elemental resists, but you can't block attacks. I prefer being able to block. Both as a 3 link will only cost 1 chaos. Those won't stop the degen from Lifetap Incinerate, though. Might need to turn off Skitterbots and switch back to mana until you have higher regen. Switch out the red Lifetap for a red Inspiration to slightly reduce mana costs and boost its damage.

"
I am having trouble killing minions from expedition with Fire Resist. It has happened several times that minions popped out that I dealt 0 damage to even with cursing them with Flammable.

No idea what I am doing wrong, I need to figure out some way to kill fire resistant minions.

Should I include some secondary non Fire based gem as a backup? I will keep trying with the Flammable curse maybe I just wasn't casting it properly and missing the mobs.

Here is my character, please don't laugh at my crap items, I don't have any currency so just using whatever I have found: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/furrypurpledinosaur/characters

Can you see any big issue there? Flammable should work right? Should I get a ring with Flammable trigger perhaps?

You are triggering the remnants that give enemies fire immunity. You can't bypass that in any way I know of, so read the remnants you are triggering and avoid those.
Last edited by solaris32 on Jul 27, 2021, 12:18:24 PM
Thinking of finally playing a RF build. I was considering using Aspect of the Crab and the set of gear from Craiceann's. Does anyone have any insight on how it would perform?
"
So apparently it just lists this one... Twice...

Hey Splutty! What other one? Is it fixed now? I don't see any duplicate titles anywhere. Can you help me out?

Ignore that. It lists your build both under RF and Incinerator, but it's 1 build using both skills, which confused me :D I'm easily confused, broken brain and all. (Yes, that's mostly a joke... lol)
Does Shield Charge work with trigger spectre? Will it trigger spells in my weapon even though I am not using the weapon to attack but shield charging instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info